• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - No more "Jug" promise... :)

Hi Sacairsoftsn00py,

I agree that a full time tight bore single piece EXTENDED with supressor hiding the barrel would do the trick, but I like the idea of having short barrel with the promise of adding extra long on an as needed basis. I'm not tied down to either long or short...

If you take a look at video and cad drawings, I *THINK* again it's IMHO, that the spring at the very TIP of the supressor (FRONT) pushing the inner barrel tightly against the stock barrel creating an airtight fit might just be the ticket to the 60+ FPS.

I have no way to host video, but I will post PICS of before and after QD supressor installed on my MP7 with Chrono stats, if it doesn't hold up, well then I'll just return to Evike minus the re-stocking fee...

PS, I'm up to the challenge, I've taken apart more that my fair share of Airsoft and real steel guns, it just a PITA to do so...  I've pushing 45 years and I've got two kids now so it's not like when I used to do when I was younger or single...  The QD option makes sense but time will tell and with future posts on this thread as well if this is the best upgrade for the MP7 or not...

Well guys, EVIKE.COM just delivered the unit and it's FREAKING awesome!!!  PICS to be shown soon...  The inner barrel does in fact work...  I'm getting between 490 ~ 510 FPS with .25 BBS, no jams after two FULL EXTENDED mags in semi and FA...

Pics to come soon, including my AEG HK417 Sniper limited edition with MAGPUL accessories...  STAY tuned... and do let me know if you should have any questions!  :)

The Angry Gun kwa/ksc mp7 power up can works well for me. Goes from 370 to 430 fps and improves groupings a small bit.

I've got the same one: Angry Gun KWA/ksc mp7 Power Up suppressor unit. Not only does it look good but it actually has improved groupings. I run an NPAS through it though which seems stupid but I have control over the fps and it works for me! ;-)

Should also point out that there appears to be an improved version from Wii Tech which is harder to detach than my Angry Gun but supposedly improved performance: http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=33767

Edited by Deadmeat

Thats a really good Idea, never thought of that. On my to do list for sure. Have you tried the WE version, how do you know its better?

Cos I was chatting with some other 'softers but they're in Hong Kong (Airsoft Mecca!) over Facebook.... and they ended up buying the new Wii Tech instead of the Angry Gun. When you have the choice of basically anything, there must have been a good enough reason to buy that one over all the other options available!

• 3 months later...

Wondering if anyone else had similiar results when upgrading....

I installed A+ Studio's 190mm tightbore and bucking to my KWA MP7 along with a 4mm ball bearing to act as a hop spacer. With my CQB bolt and hop turned all the way off, I am consistantly hitting opposing players at 70 yards (measured with laser) with a flat trajectory using Guarder .40s and propane.

Obviously, this far exceeds my expectations. Is this par for the course with these parts or did I accidentally perform black magic?

The hop spacer is a 4mm ball bearing that sits between the hop rubber and the pastic nub.

I broke it down last night and found that the spacer is actually applying hop regardless of how much tension is applied to the nub. I am going to sand about 2mm off of the nub today and see if I can shoot .30s out of this thing. Shooting .40s is fun, but I can't afford to play 2x a week shooting .40s.

I haven't chronoed the weapon yet. I am taking my M240 in for some work today, so I'll take the MP7 as well to get a reading on velocity.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude did you ever chrono the MP7? Really intrigued to know what fps lets you hit out to 70 yards.

The 190 mm barrel is almost the same length as the stock one, no?

How did you fit the 4 mm bearing in? Without taking my MP7 apart I wouldn't have thought there would be room in there for the plastic hop nub and a ball bearing between the rubber and the adjuster cam thing.

He didn't say no hop, he said hop on minimum - which given that he's somehow crammed a 4 mm ball bearing in there is entirely possible.

He's also an American, so it could be warm enough to give more fps than you might strictly expect from a low power bolt - I'll wait for the chrono results. The barrel length is pretty much normal though (I was expecting him to have put an extended tightbore in which of course would up the power significantly).

Fair point but 70 yards is a *fruitcage* long way. I used mine last year on the hottest day of the year with a cqb bolt (was firing just under 350 chronod with 0.2s)and was just about making it out to 60 yards. I was using 0.3s and it was firing perfectly but IMO that amount of energy just isn't enough to make it stretch out to 70 yards and beyond. Unless you apply a *suitcase* load of hop and lob them but even then the air resistance stops them at around that far anyway. I want this guys to be right as if he is I wanna get the same range. ;)

Sorry for the delay in responding. Real life got in the way of BBwarz, unfortunately.

Chrono reading on my KWA MP7 with CQB bolt and A+ Studio bucking/barrel was 373 FPS +/- 1. I fired 5 rounds, taking 5 seconds between each. The same setup with a field bolt was getting 421 FPS.

I am waiting on another barrel/bucking combo for my other KWA MP7. I will take pictures during the process and be sure to post them here to show how I install the bucking and bearing.

So far I have fired ~30 magazine through and the weapon seems to be wearing in a bit. I have had to click the hopup one "click" to maintain the range.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Real life got in the way of BBwarz, unfortunately.

Chrono reading on my KWA MP7 with CQB bolt and A+ Studio bucking/barrel was 373 FPS +/- 1. I fired 5 rounds, taking 5 seconds between each. The same setup with a field bolt was getting 421 FPS.

I am waiting on another barrel/bucking combo for my other KWA MP7. I will take pictures during the process and be sure to post them here to show how I install the bucking and bearing.

So far I have fired ~30 magazine through and the weapon seems to be wearing in a bit. I have had to click the hopup one "click" to maintain the range.

It's cool, I was very curious! So 370, bit higher than we're allowed in the UK...thought so. Not massively so though.

Looking forward to pics immensely! :D

The 190 mm barrel is almost the same as stock, right?

Edited by Stuey

The 190 is just a bit longer. It extends into the flash hider about half an inch.

The barrel I am waiting on is 370mm and will extend through a VFC suppressor, powered by a field bolt. If the performance I got from a CQB bolt and a 190mm barrel scales in a linear fashion, I should be able to shoot Australia from North America. If my calculations are correct. :D

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-studio-hop-up-assistant-device-for-ksc-kwa-gbb-system.html

This is the bearing I am using. I do not use the collar, but the bearing fits perfectly into the indentation in the MP7's hop rubber.

Edited by ndfirespider

The 190 is just a bit longer. It extends into the flash hider about half an inch.

The barrel I am waiting on is 370mm and will extend through a VFC suppressor, powered by a field bolt. If the performance I got from a CQB bolt and a 190mm barrel scales in a linear fashion, I should be able to shoot Australia from North America. If my calculations are correct. :D

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/a-studio-hop-up-assistant-device-for-ksc-kwa-gbb-system.html

This is the bearing I am using. I do not use the collar, but the bearing fits perfectly into the indentation in the MP7's hop rubber.

Try warning the FAA before you test fire it...

But seriously won't that get you like 600 fps?

Oh I see - is that bearing really 4 mm? The dent on mine is tiny. But I think I see how your setup's working...are you still using the plastic plunger thing to push down on the bearing? (part 16 for clarity)

Edited by Stuey

I'm not sure if I'll get 600 FPS, bit it will be near that.

I don't know if the bearing is 4mm, but I recall from somewhere that was the size. And yes, the plastic plunger is pushing down on that bearing. I may need to trim the plunger down just a hair to allow the use of lighter bbs. Shooting Guarder .40s is fun, but it gets expensive.