• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, I ordered 2 spare cylinders from Dentrinity last wednesday and they arrived today - $17.50 each plus shipping. The cylinders that arrived ARE stamped/cast with the "MP7" lettering.

My replacement MP7 hasn't blown yet, I hope it never does, but it's nice having the parts available at a moment's notice. Especially if there's going to be rocket valve & long barrel experimentation going on :)

Alright, just out of curiosity since I am now eagerly awaiting my KSC MP7, how many of you guys who own KSC MP7's have run prolonged use of green gas without blowing a cylinder? Has anyone blown a cylinder by using JUST 134A? Are the replacement cylinders that are available 100% green gas useable? Also, to you Umarex/KWA MP7 owners who have seen/handled a KSC in depth, is there any noticeable difference between the two versions?

To my knowledge only Greg has gotten away with prolonged (FA) use so far. My 2nd KSC blew today :( Not tried 134a. Don't know yet about the cylinders, Duckling's one is seemingly OK so far. If there's no spare MP7 at my retailer I may fit one of my spare cyls and see.

I don't think there'll be many KWA owners who've handled a KSC yet...wait a few days for them to get out there!

Well, the Germanic crowd has already got their hands on the KWA/Umarex version to my knowledge so that's where I would assume they would have seen both versions.

That's too bad to hear. Hopefully RA-tech or another parts manufacturer (maybe KWA will release this part in their pro-shop?) will fill this niche soon to allow for use of fully auto, green gas use.

yes, but the Germanic crowd don't get to see the KSC version because it's full auto, which is illegal there. So they're kind of an Island in this respect! You and I might be among the first to see the two together as you're getting a KSC in the US and I'm getting a KWA imported from the US to here.

KWA claim their part is super-reinforced for green gas, in a way the KSC is not, so this will indeed be interesting. I'll be ordering Part #23 for my KSC from the KWA shop as soon as it's proved itself in my KWA.

Edited by galactica

Ah! That makes quite a bit more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

I'll keep that in mind about the KWA/KSC compariosn. Totally forgot my local shop here, Nashville Airsoft, is going to be receiving the KWA MP7's soon as they clear customs. Will be interesting to compare these side to side. Anyone who manages to do this beforehand though, please post it up!

Edited by Optomis
I think you guys have sold me on one of these i think first i'm going to sell my TM MP7 first then order the GBB... but i can't decide MP7 or MP9

Honestly? Go with MP7. Both guns are incredibly awesome, but they're both not without their problems. The main difference is when the MP7 dies, parts will be readily available. When your MP9 dies, you have a pretty paperweight.

And believe me, if you don't take care of either of them, they will die, and right fast.

To my knowledge only Greg has gotten away with prolonged (FA) use so far.

'Tis sadly true.

Mine has, touch wood, been fine so far.

Probably done a few thousand rnds so far, about one third of which has been full auto. Other than opening it up to have a look, I have done nothing to it. All shots have been on green, with Guarder HPM .28's.

Failure rate, for one UK distributer, has remained at 20% (including both of Galacticas :( ). However, this is no guarantee of an 80% success rate, as many of those guns, may not have been used. :huh:

Greg.

Finally got my replacement nozzle... just in case it broke again, I got 2 more spares :P. I must say the material it's made of doesn't really inspire confidence in its strength.

Now to open up the whole unit... hopefully nothing goes 'SPROING!' and go missing. Any hints from the folks who have done the replacement?