I usually soak the hop rubber in dish washing detergent to get the oil out.

Those KSC hop rubbers were originally designed for the Hardkick system, which required the constriction to hold the BBs in place while it activates the hardkick valve. It can be removed safely on a System 7 weapon while significantly improving long range accuracy.

I bore'd mine away and my MP7 has never shot more consistent, comparable to even to my tightbored AEGs.

I think it's time for a picture of that modification.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of all you can do it to the other KSC guns.

I have done it to:

G17

G26

G19

G23

SPP (non-hard kick)

M9 system 7

SIG P226 system 7

And I have even done it on:

WE M4 (different considerations)

WE SCAR (different considerations)

KWC Mini UZI (after I changed it from a PPS to a NPS)

Same principles apply :)

Maruis of course don't have his issue, until you use nine ball/KA hop rubbers and that really stuffs up its accuracy.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Best of all you can do it to the other KSC guns.

I have done it to:

G17

G26

G19

G23

SPP (non-hard kick)

M9 system 7

SIG P226 system 7

And I have even done it on:

WE M4 (different considerations)

WE SCAR (different considerations)

KWC Mini UZI (after I changed it from a PPS to a NPS)

Same principles apply :)

Does it effect fps?

Greg.

Nope it does not, particularly if you insert the grinding bit from the muzzle end. So long as you don't over enlarge the breech end of the hop rubber and affect the airseal between the nozzle and the hop rubber you are fine.

Like I said, the Marui's don't have this constriction and they are still able to achieve a high FPS.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Anyone had this problem or checked there bolt recantly? I opened mine up after it started misfeading to find 2 screws sheared off im guessing this is due to the added stress of GG. I have ordered the new steel bolt.

Is that a crack above where the screws used to be?

Edited by calbur20
Nope it does not, particularly if you insert the grinding bit from the muzzle end. So long as you don't over enlarge the breech end of the hop rubber and affect the airseal between the nozzle and the hop rubber you are fine.

Like I said, the Marui's don't have this constriction and they are still able to achieve a high FPS.

Erm, I'm not experiencing 'hooking' or 'unpredictable hop at 25m'. In fact, I'm getting really good flat trajectory out to 50 or 60m, with 1 foot groups (using guarder hpm .28's, chrono around 320 fps with a .2). Which I think is pretty good. Can you quantify how much improvement is made by this mod.

Anyone had this problem or checked there bolt recantly? I opened mine up after it started misfeading to find 2 screws sheared off im guessing this is due to the added stress of GG. I have ordered the new steel bolt.

I've seen one go, in a kwa. I was taking it apart & it just crumbled, no pressure at all.

Greg.

Perhaps i got a lemon then or just put stress on it when i installed the Upgraded Nozzle, On reflection i think i didnt tighten the screws fully because i didnt want the tiny allen key to slip or bore it out. But anyways WGC have confirmed and shipped my order already that i placed this morning so should be back in action in no time. Got the Npas too :)

Just got my Edgi 220mm/6.00 barrel and installed. So my asian version KWA is now firing at 397fps @ .28. So far accuracy wise is much better but can't really confirm yet coz a bit busy from work.

Also did 3vi1-D4n hop conversion so Sunday next week will be able to solidly confirm everything.

Edited by PanteraTigris

Good news, by judicious application of acetone it now appears to be working.

Just emptied a couple of mags in full auto, and a couple of mags in single, no misfeeds all working well. :)

Once I get some cheaper BBs to test with (I'm burning through these .28g, I have only 3000 left :(), I'll dump a bunch of mags through it to verify.

^That, surprisingly, happened to me yesterday. One of the locking springs on the pin was turned at a very weird angle, so I had to use brute force and hammer the thing out. The pin still works, but it's pretty worn now :(

I got a few KWA short mags from ASGI - gonna test them out once they get here :D

I tried hammering it out, pulling it out with pliers, I even tried to drill the locking spring out from the opening (didn't work).

It's now stuck about half an inch out, not budging either way.

I'm leaving it alone now, I'm just going to break something even more, as I said it's going to a professional now. I might even sell it it's pissing me off so much :(

Hi all,

Just got a second hand, but basically new KSC. The original nozzle blewup stright away for the previous owner so he had it upgraded with the ready fighter nozzle. Had maybe 2-3 mags tops through it yesturday and just testing it now the nozzle springs decided to mangle themselves. No real biggy as I can get them replaced but ALL 4 allen bolts in the bolt have shear!!! All of them!! some very poor quality from KSC me thinks...

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some more allen bolts? otherwise ive just spent £400 for a crappy paper weight!!

FYI the upgrades were done by a retailer and there was only one nozzle spring in there... not happy right now :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Far-T

Well.

Make sure you cut PROPER grooves in the RF nozzle's arms for the springs to sit in.

My KSC's bolt has been opened up probably 6 or 7 times now, if not more, and the screws are OK. One of them in my KWA has broken. I wonder if your upgrade was done by someone who was a bit hamfisted? I wouldn't really trust a retailer more than an enthusiastic amateur, to be honest. Only go to a recommended gas airsmith if you don't have the skills and tools yourself.

These bolts do seem to go, a bit randomly.

I was doing Galactica's, KWA, when the bolt sheared & I put very little pressure on it, compared with the others, that came out without any problems.

I believe Den Trinity & WGC are worth a try, they will probably have the springs too.

Galactica is right, make sure you cut a proper groove in the spring retainers on the nozzle. Otherwise you will lose another spring.

& you have not got an expensive weight. Sorting that lot is a 10 minute job that will cost less than £20, giving you one of the best locap guns in airsoft.

Greg.