the one i have is 220 long and just reaches the end of the flashhider

i thought its was 200mm long but then i checked my org emails it was 220mm long

Greg i cant find the paper we shot :(

I had the review written too :(

but anyway what we found

best size of barrel is indeed 6.03/6.04 for both range/accuracy and fps boost !

6.01 and 6.00 does not give a better grouping than a 6.04

Edited by Crimson
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crimson,

Would this have the same effect if we compared between EDGI 6.00/6.01 vs EDGI 6.03/6.04 or just on the different design of EDGI vs TN?

I've read somewhere that EDGI uses ported barrel or something right? could that be the reason?

If its not, then 6.03 EDGI here I come :P heheheh.. or should I just bought 2 of them and test myself ehehhe

yeah i have a review but to cut it short

EDgi's claim about geting both is *suitcase*, you cant get both fps and accuracy its just like pdi you can only get either fps or accuracy

Gregs was a TN head but the fact it beat my custom egdi in both accuracy and fps goes to show you manufactures say what they want to sell their items

Ported ? i dont think so

Mine or gregs were not ported

maybe i have to ask for porting ?

Quick poll - do most MP7 users use it as a backup weapon, or as a CQB primary?

I'm deciding right now whether or not to keep my MP7 as a backup or to switch to a pistol - the MP7 sometimes can get pretty heavy after a full day of carrying it in a dropleg holster.

I carry My MP7 as a Woodland Primary with a Eotech 553 EDGi Barrel and 6 Mags, 3 On Each Panel on a Drop Leg Molle. The Gun Is Light and The Mags arent That Bad. But I say Back Up

I'm deciding right now whether or not to keep my MP7 as a backup or to switch to a pistol - the MP7 sometimes can get pretty heavy after a full day of carrying it in a dropleg holster.

I carry it as a primary in CQB and in jungle with 7 mags, 6 on my left side with my 5.7 backup on my right side with 3 mags against M4's and AK's with hicap mags and I've NEVER BEEN OUT GUNNED. It will be VERY HEAVY if your going to carry it in your drop leg holster. I have 2 mp7 and i carry them both, one as backup primary which i put inside my vest. My vest has a zipper pocket that open up the entire side of it and the gun fits inside.

Primary, mainly cqb, 5 mags.

I haven't used it in woodland yet, as I prefer to snipe when I go out doors. This is why I plopped the 300mm barrel in & am working toward a 500fpser. ;)

Having said that, I think it would make a super 'outdoor' gun as it is in no way less accurate or out ranged by the aeg brigade. The only 'problem, is the low, ammo capacity, which can be a bit daunting, (for some) when faced with 500rnd hi-cap hosers.

Greg.

What weight of BB's are folks using?

The hop is so ridiculasly sensitive on mine as i discovered yesterday - when i was able to use it at range. Had been using .30's in mine.

The hop 'clicks' with each turn, one 'click' one way and the BB's fire upwards, 1 click in the opposite direction, and there earth bound - maybe i have a stupidly sensitive hop that could do with being replaced.

Was going to try some .36's but only getting 310fps on a good day - so with .36's they'll seem like their floating to their target :/

Got my npas today i hope its not too hard to install

are there any takedown/ install videos out there apart from the org ra tech one ??

Edit*

no need ra tech one shows you how to take it down was thinking about doing a take down guide video

Edited by Crimson

I did experience something odd on friday. I was test firing it before skirmishing the next day, fired half a dozen rounds then experienced some sort of jam. I've no idea what caused it, but the trigger did nothing and the bolt would only move about .5 cm by pulling the bolt handle. I knocked out the rear receiver pin (I only have one) and tried to pull the whole bolt assembly out. Wouldn't budge. Pulled so hard I was afraid I would break the stock off, before it just came free. I have precisely no idea what the problem was, and it hasn't happened since.

Most puzzling.

Perhaps there was a bb or something in the wrong place and when the bolt blowed back it got lifted out of its tracks and got stuck or something. This happened with my KSC m11 and my lower receiver cracked becacuse of that...ohmy.gif