• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update, with the 363mm barrel, falcon hop-up, and dangerworx valve shooting 350fps w/ .2g BB I'm getting an average of 180ft of true flight with BBs ranging up to 210ft, however I'm getting some fliers (1 in 10) at about 190ft, and some (like 1 in 10 BBs) dropping at around 160ft. I have to add, I'm using all BBs of one weight, and I have to assume they are KSC perfect .28s but I need to verify this, and looking at the BBs in this bag some are horribly misshapen so I may not have a good batch.... I'll send some with my wife to her lab tomorrow to be precisely weighed.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a small update. I got really annoyed at the dramatic decrease in accuracy at range with the falcon rubber, it's great, but it needs to be cleaned after every serious use. On top of that the longer inner barrel needs to be shimmed in the outer barrel otherwise you'll get barrel wobble that will significantly decrease consistency. I have gone back to the stock inner barrel and a cleaned stock hop-up rubber and am pretty happy with just that, I'm getting about 180ft effective range, and minute of man accuracy with just a dangerworx rocket valve installed (350fps w/.2g BB).

The smaller configuration also is easier for me to store and pack, and it puts me at CQB velocity and I have no other weapons in that velocity range.

Two questions:

- Clean the bucking after using GG due to the lubricant in it? Maybe straight propane would not cause such problem. Just a thought.

- Barrel wobble is easily solvable. In fact is something I do in all my replicas.

It's good to know that it shoots that well by default though. Can't wait for mine :D

Nope this is with straight propane and "washed" BBs even for some reason it just needs a wipe down after every serious use and it's good to go. Yeah barrel wobble is easily solved, but I wanted to make sure people knew it was present as it is after all a review thread. I decided to set the thing up for closer engagements, so that's why I took out the longer inner barrel.

Cheap Z-point replica: http://www.ebairsoft.com/spoint-sight-p-4485.html

This isn't the Star version, is it?

May have mentioned this in another thread, but this RDS is just for looks. Externally it's nice but the auto-dimmer is so severe that the dot is only visible in bright sunlight.

How many FPS did the longer barrel increase over the regular one?

It depends on what valve I'm using, with the dangerworx valve and longer barrel it shot between 370-390 depending on outside temp and it shoots 340-350 with the short barrel, with the stock valve and longer barrel shot 550fps w/.2g BBs, stock with the short barrel it shot about 380fps w/.2g BB.

Edited by frogfish
Those KSC hop rubbers were originally designed for the Hardkick system, which required the constriction to hold the BBs in place while it activates the hardkick valve. It can be removed safely on a System 7 weapon while significantly improving long range accuracy.

Does anyone have the image he posted? It's not online anymore.

Soo its almost been a month and still no signs of trigger spring replacement from KWA. I'm visiting a engineer at a spring specialty shop tomorrow with my broken trigger spring so if anyone wants to hop on the wagon do let me know via PM.

On a side note, can someone post a photograph of their trigger springs so that I can bring it in with me for reference? I lost the bit that snapped off of mines so without an accurate photo, I'll be shooting in the dark.

Much thanks

After several tens of thousands bb´s gone through my mp7, having tried EdGi customwork barrels, PDI, falcon rubbers, hop up mods and a lot more mind*fruitcage*s, my advice is to leave both the barrel and rubber stock. No other combination works better for me. I just have the no-click hop mod, that doesnt affect how the barrel-rubber team works.

One other thing is for sure. The hop just doesn´t work well with 0,2. Even Marui ones do not fly true as they should. Always use 0,25-0,27.

Edited by Kretschmer