• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I've recently joined the mp7 club with the KWA version, and I must say I'm as impressed as I thought I would be after reading all the positive reviews from all the contributors!

I skirmished it for the first time yesterday at Anzio in staffs and I really enjoyed using it, very different type of play using a GBB and one I hope to use more and more.

Few things: I ran the gun using 144a (the replacement to 134a I believe, which I did not know was no longer available!?) and the gun was chirping at 97 mps, which is around 320 FPS I believe, (correct me if wrong).

The recoil felt good on the 144a but not as crisp and snappy as using propane

The shooting was also quite impressive, even on the weaker gas, I was getting shots out to 50 meters (unmeasured) but I could ht a man sized target probably 7 out of 10 times, wind permitting!

But the short range accuracy, up to 30 meters, was fantastic! very consistent, accurate, able to put the red dot (micro aim point of course) on the target and know its going to hit. Some excellent quick shots achieved during indoor play!

One thing I will say is do not drop the mags :) I was using a none specific rig to carry them and one fell out after leaping through a window and hit the deck. Still works but the base plate got a little...cracked!

Anyways, I did experience some problems with the gun, and I believe it was due to the gas I was using and cold weather, but I had sporadic mis-feeding issues.

The gun would fire and cycle correctly and then miss feed, but still dry fire, then fire a BB, the fire a BB.

This occurred in semi auto, but also in full auto when I tried it, however didn't use it in game.

So question is: is this a problem others are experiencing? And do you think it's down to the gas being used?

Reading the thread the danger werx valve sounds like a good upgrade/mod but I have 2 questions;

With what gas does the danger werx achieve the consistent 350 FPS? ( I would prefer to use propane)

Also, where can I get one? :)

Cheers. J

Reading the thread the danger werx valve sounds like a good upgrade/mod but I have 2 questions;

With what gas does the danger werx achieve the consistent 350 FPS? ( I would prefer to use propane) Also, where can I get one? :)

It's meant to be used with Propane, so you are good :)

Send a PM to DangerWerx here in the forums and he'll help you out ;)

One thing I will say is do not drop the mags :) I was using a none specific rig to carry them and one fell out after leaping through a window and hit the deck. Still works but the base plate got a little...cracked!

Definitely got to pick up a MP5 mag pouch as they hold them very well or some MP7 Specific pouches.

Cheers for all the replies, I was looking for a store that had the danger werx valve but the seem to charge a hi postal cost!

Will PM him!

I did buy an ratech NPAS, will see how that goes and compare the 2.

Will also inspect the hopup rubber, could be the source of the problem!

Cheers J

Pretty hard to get old of outside the states however.

I ordered a load of spare bits direct from KWA with no hassle at all, shipping was only $11.00 too. So no trouble there.

The Dangerwerx valve although good is basically a non adjustable NPAS. IMO just buy the NPAS and when it breaks the gun will still be sub 340fps.

As the only NPAS available at the moment is the Japan version which can only put out a maximum of 350fps. (ive seen a Taiwan version that does 450 - 500fps, but not available anymore.)

When I get miss feeds it's been down to a contaminated and swelled up hop up rubber.

So far no misfeeds (knock on wood, maybe because I've always been stingy with the silicone oil) except for the occasionally stubborn magazine followers, but I do have an overly sensitive hopup--a single click is the difference between shooting straight and lobbing BB into space. Combined with a tendency for the hop setting to shift, it's irritating.

I've only recently got hold of my MP7... With the stock valve flute it was a bit hot for my liking on propane, going on 360-370

Followed the youtube video and fitted a RA-TECH NPAS within 15mins. Now I'm about 330fps which is much better for my liking.

I'd also advise MP5 mag pouches, I'm very happy with the ones I've got.

Lastly, I also got an Angry Gun Suppressor with extended barrel inside it... Works quite well actually! Haven't really tried it out on a skirmish so can't really tell the accuracy but over 25m seems to be fine... Will report back later.

"I'd also advise MP5 mag pouches, I'm very happy with the ones I've got."

I certainly will be getting something more suited to these mags, as will be using the again.

Having a quick look at the hop rubber I think it could be the source of the mis feeding/firing, havnt had a chance to clean it yet but will do.

I have the VFC suppressor, a more or less purely cosmetic upgrade, as others report it simply changes the tone of the sound, doesn't really suppress it.

But the silencer does have some movement on it, anyone have any ideas on tightening it or keeping it more secure (something more permanent than a ghetto fix with tape)

I found the MP7 mags wouldn't fit my MP5 pouches. I've wound up with a setup that uses a kangaroo pouch inside a chest rig. There's a picture in the MP7 photo thread.

Weird, perhaps the different brands have different measurements as my Mags fit perfectly in my FLYEE MP5 Pouches. Right where the lip on the magazine stops on the pouch is perfect as the feed lip sits just slightly above the bottom of the pouch with no contact.

vest.jpg

mag.jpg

I removed some of the foam on the inside of my suppressor (non power up) and also spaced it out in into chambers in a similar fashion that I've seen in real steel suppressors and here's the results.

http://youtu.be/0IoM4UcDNzc

I want to try and build a chamber system inside of it to see if I can bring down the report even more. Looking at a couple of different designs, unsure on which one I'll go with.

Edited by akiraspeedstar
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just ordered a PDI 6.01 160mm barrel + a falcon hop up rubber since I was gonna open her up anyway. Anyway, my question is, I just read through a good portion of this thread, and a few posts have said barrel mods and this hop up rubber might actually decrease performance, and this is one gun that is best left as is.

My ultimate goal is accuracy. Should I cancel my order, or just install it and see how it runs personally.

I decided I'll keep it and decide for myself. Sounds like people are experiencing much better accuracy with these... One more thing, I know of one person who has good luck using KSC bbs, and if I have to, that's what I'll switch over to, but since I've got this, I've been using Airsoft Elites, hoping those will be good for this 6.01. It sounds like y'all have been using Guarder bbs in your tightbores, I might have to check those out...

• 3 weeks later...