• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I was not aware that there is Japanese Version of the Koba-san Design KJW M4 being released??

Very interesting, please tell me more,,,

I asked Mr. Tanio Kobayashi himself during a recent event in Japan. He's a friendly old guy and will gladly engage in conversation with attendees. He said that a version that is "Japan spec" is scheduled to be released in October. In addition to that, a warning is actually up on the Tanio Koba website (in Japanese) that they will not provide aftersales support for KJW manufactured versions as they are not made for the Japanese market. So in Japan, it's basically "buy a KJW at your own risk." I wonder where they outsource manufacturing though...

Edited by norman3312
He said that a version that is "Japan spec" is scheduled to be released in October. In addition to that, a warning is actually up on the Tanio Koba website (in Japanese) that they will not provide aftersales support for KJW manufactured versions as they are not made for the Japanese market. So in Japan, it's basically "buy a KJW at your own risk." I wonder where they outsource manufacturing though...

Would you happen to know what the differences are from the Taiwan Version and the Japanese Version would be?

I am very curious about this information,,,

t_hum,

As with an AEG barrel (since the design is the same) by installing a TBB you'll get tighter shot groups and an increase in FPS,,,

Of course I understand the usual increases in performance. My point was that the stock barrel seems pretty good already compared to stock barrels in a lot of other guns Ive handled/owned.

I asked Mr. Tanio Kobayashi himself during a recent event in Japan. He's a friendly old guy and will gladly engage in conversation with attendees. He said that a version that is "Japan spec" is scheduled to be released in October. In addition to that, a warning is actually up on the Tanio Koba website (in Japanese) that they will not provide aftersales support for KJW manufactured versions as they are not made for the Japanese market. So in Japan, it's basically "buy a KJW at your own risk." I wonder where they outsource manufacturing though...

Perhaps this implies that the TK designed M4's made for the Japanese market will be manufactured in house by TK and that they will not service export models made by KJW, and vice versa. After all if he said "they will not provide aftersales support for KJW manufactured versions" that would imply that they are making a version of the gun. It would be logical to assume that version is the Japanese version. I would assume rather than outsource production again they would most likely just assemble the guns in Japan with a few different parts similar to a KSC/KWA arrangement.

The fact that a Japanese version is being released is actually really good news. No doubt quality Japanese companies will start making upgrade bits.

Edited by t_hum
Here you go bro,

KJWM4.gif

Please Do Not Hot Link Against My Photo Bucket Account - down load it to your computer and set it up like you normally would,,,

"Reliability Inside: KJW M4"

I agree, Raven1 you should change it to "Reliability Inside". That might start some ###### that WAM4 Fan's will undoubtedly hate us for... lol

Perhaps this implies that the TK designed M4's made for the Japanese market will be manufactured in house by TK and that they will not service export models made by KJW, and vice versa. After all if he said "they will not provide aftersales support for KJW manufactured versions" that would imply that they are making a version of the gun. It would be logical to assume that version is the Japanese version. I would assume rather than outsource production again they would most likely just assemble the guns in Japan with a few different parts similar to a KSC/KWA arrangement.

The fact that a Japanese version is being released is actually really good news. No doubt quality Japanese companies will start making upgrade bits.

My girl is Japanese, she just translated the page for me.

The Statement Reads,

Tanio Koba Factory will make the guns for sale in Japan and Taiwan Only.

This is due to the strict safety regulations / laws in Japan that must be adhered to regarding replica or in Japanese terms 'Hobby Gun.'

KJW will make the 'Export' guns for the rest of the world. The 'Export' guns will not be warrantied by Tanio Koba but ONLY by KJW.

The Tanio Koba Manufactured guns that will only be for sale in Japan & Taiwan will be warrantied by TK.

I agree that Quality Upgrade parts are being made by Japanese Manufacturers is a Great Thing!

LayLax is already on board and from what we saw on the TK website there are different stocks, grips, RAS / RIS Kits, 10.5" - 14.5" - 16" barrels, Tight Bore Inner Barrels to match are being made and will be available on the guns release in late October.

Japanese Brands like First Factory, LayLax, Prometheus, Nine Ball, Nitro V are affiliated with Tanio Koba 'Hobby Guns' and collectively make after market up grade parts such as seals, M4 front sets, TBBs for the VSR (Which the TK M4 uses) etc.

Great News Indeed!

Just had a thought. The system is by Tanio Koba and KJW just manufactured them. The system used in AGM/JG/G&P/Inokatsu is still referred to as WA system, right?

TKM4GBBR.gif

;)

Before this thread was in the double digits even I had someone make me that, I had the same thought process as you norman, but I don't want to sport the banner around until I own the gun. Which i will.

I sent kjw an email about replacement parts using the contact us sections on the website. Its been a few days and still no reply. Is this normal or did I contact them in the wrong way?

The correct email address is kjworks@ms47.hinet.net this is also the PayPal address to send payment to. Please address it to 'Clare' and she will support you.

Her English is limited but she gets the job done as I've made two rather large orders with her and have received everything with no issues. After my buddy spoke with her on the phone she is an 'Older' woman and is office personnel only. So please don't try to small talk or ask technical specific questions because she won't know the answer and again her English is limited. So keep the communication on point and brief and she will respond quickly. If the email is convoluted and complex you won't get a quick response or no response at all.

Specify if you want regular mail or she will send it priority which is faster but also more expensive. Mail here to the states takes about the 3 days longer than priority and I don't mind waiting a couple of extra days to save a few dollars.

To help avoid confusion format the email so it is brief, respectful and to the point like this.

Below is an actual transaction with Clare.

To: kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

Subject: KJW M4 Parts Quote Please - Part # M14 - 17 - 17A - 35 - 33

Body:

Clare,

KJW M4 Parts Quote Please,

Part # M14

Part # 17

Part # 17A

Part # 35

Part # 33

Regular Mail Ok.

Thank You,

-Raven1

By doing it this way you'll get your quote quickly and her response will look like this.

Hi Raven1,

M4 parts,

#M14 - 33 - 17 - 17A - 35

These parts cost $250 NTD=8.00 USD.

Normal Shipping fee is $2.00 USD.

Total is $10.00 USD.

Please use paypal the same.

Thanks!

Clare

Logged onto to PayPal and sent payment in the 'notes' section of the transaction copy and paste her response

PayPal Note:

Hi Raven1,

M4 parts,

#M14 - 33 - 17 - 17A - 35

These parts cost $250 NTD=8.00 USD.

Normal Shipping fee is $2.00 USD.

Total is $10.00 USD.

Please use paypal the same.

Thanks!

Clare

Responded Back Like This,

Clare,

Payment has been sent via PayPal in the amount of $10 USD.

Thank You for Great Service!

-Raven1

Clare then logs back onto PayPal and enters in shipping tracking number so you know its on the way.

Crack open a beer and wait for your parts.

It's That Easy,,,

Damn Raven1 I love you man!

:*:*:*:*:* even you're bit pedobear but it's ok! :*:*:*:*

BTW you have Japan Girl!

i love you moooooooore!!1 :*:*:*:**:*:*:*

You're Welcome Bro!

I guess I am a bit Pedo Bear, I am 39 and my girl is 27 from Shimane' Japan,

MyGirlErika.jpg

I lived in Shinjuku for a year and later moved to Hikone just north of Kyoto for another year so I can not help it if I am a little biased and love all things Japanese!

Locutis-Seo-You-Jin-Winter-2-Animat.gif

Too bad that's a WA :P (j/k but not really)

Don't Hate The Playah - Hate Da Game Son!

Bow Chicka Bow BOW!

lol

Back on topic, so yeah... hopefully I can sell my AEG sometime soon here for 200 dollars that way I can be one step closer to owning "reliability inside" lol... but yeah! the worst thing that can possibly happen today happened... the clutch in my car went! I have horrid luck with cars... no matter if I drive it good or beat on it, it makes no difference.

100% deserved ! :P

83530018.jpg

BTW. Anyone tried to change the End Plate (part #51)?

RS and WA ones don't fit. Maybe have to modify End Plate from AEG?

you need to buy this specific "thing" in order to change the stocks. i know where to get it, but i dont know about you guys =P i live in taiwan anyways

Has anyone got any idea on how KJW'd perform in cold weather? The reports I have had from other Finns about WE and our weather had me pretty much convinced on that, but KJW is looking more and more appealing with "Reliability Inside". Just wish they had standard STANAG magazines so it'd be easier to "dress up" as a service model, I don't think these mags are in standard service anywhere?