I havent checked to see if the charging handle could take new latches. Someone may have to try that. Also, I skirmished today early in the morning at around 48 degrees. I was not able to auto fire more than 4 to 5 shots at a time, but within that range, I was good to go. Single fire worked well although the gun of course chronoed a bit lower due to the lower temperature. You could feel the kick was slightly less snappy although all the shots went through with no venting or sticking of the bolt. All 8 magazines locked back positively and you could quickly tap the trigger with no issue. I dont know how much colder you could bring the gun out for, but it felt pretty cold today and I was still able to skirmish with the rifle with no issues to report. I just thought I would post this as I was very interested in how it performed in colder weather and I know others may wish to know.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Sadly, i understood that reference ;) lol

Also, Raven1, how much did the BAD run ya, and was there any modification required to install it?

The B.A.D. was purchased from AIMSurplus and cost me $28 USD Shipped, bolted directly onto the KJW M4 bolt release lever with NO Modifications Needed! Works as advertised and looks damn sexxxy on the gun,,,

Used mine today, mixed results to report, in the morning it chrono'd at 256fps on duster gas, whereas last week it chrono'd at 34-360fps range. Also had numerous occasions where less than half way through a mag it would vent all the gas. One mag also decided to leak gas from the fill valve for a bit before i emtied it and refilled it fine. As the afternoon wore on i returned to using semi-only with a 70/30 mixture of green and duster gas, in one staunchly defended game i managed to use all six mags on semi with no problems, all locking back and emptying all rounds. Happy with the mixture and will be using it again until t_hums parts are ready for me to use green gas only.

Happy overall, initial problems due to using duster gas in an sub-10 degrees celsisu environment, but once i had it running fine on green/duster was awesome. Had a relatively new player from the other team come up at the end of one game and say he almost needed new pants after i opened up on him.

Sean

nice!

very good and encouraging skirmish reports.

once this velocity reducer is good to go, this will be the best gbbr out there from a price/skirmishability stand point.

Raven1, i'll be grabbing up a BAD once i get mine :D

**has anyone done any grouping tests? with pics and stuff?

the main problem with my WA N4 is when i rapid fire on semi, the first BB will fly true, the rest will be every which way w/ the occasional one being on point again....

when you rapid fire the kjw, is the trajectory precise? is it maintained?

thanks.

Edited by Apache137

nice, thanks. i cant wait to get mine.....

i dont mind the thermold mags either.

whats the weight on the mags?

I'm trying to figure out how many i should buy....

my ciras can hold 12+, at 30 rounds a piece, thats 360 rounds...

thats also. 480 bucks... hmmm

I used to play with real cap m4 mags when i used an m4 aeg, and i loved it, but the mags were cheap and weightless. so i carried a max of 20. With this, they're cheap for what they are, but it depends on how much they weigh....

I dont have the exact weight. I think in the beginning of the thread they were weighed but I will tell you carrying 8 of them is most def a workout. Maybe if they are distributed better than mine are (as they are all in the front..) it may be much better, but sprinting in full gear with the 8 for longer periods of time (since Im used to MAG midcaps) is quite the workout.

Thanks T hum! I really like it a lot. All thats missing from it is maybe a BAD system and some of your custom made parts! Apache, it looks like it should fit as the STANAG mags in the pic do not look like they are snugly fit in. There seems to be some space and from what Ive seen with my mags comparing them to STANAG mags, so long as there is even the tiniest amount of space, it will work.

Edited by Kai_Wolf

you using those by chance raven?

they're TAG pouches, I'm very partial to TAG gear as i find the pouches that i've used superior to any other on the market... including eagle. not to mention their fantastic weapons catch has got my *albatross* out of a sling more than once....

one more thing that i was concerned about....

when you're shooting sideways or upside down, you said that the bb path is still straight?

conventional wisdom would say this isnt possible w/ a standard hop system, but i've never experimented with it.

i guess it depends on the range you're shooting at.... if its short then it wouldnt be noticeable.

but i know w/ AEGs when i try to shoot inverted or sideways, the bb path always curves down or sideways depending on how im shooting.

Shooting upside down and sideways isn't anything new. I could shoot my WA M9 upside down and sideways without venting gas. Accuracy is best at short range, and will also depend on how well I aim.

I haven't shot my KJ M4 upside down, but I'm sure accuracy won't be as good as if you were shooting prone. Plan to hang from the ceiling a lot in your games? =P

Edited by MrTreble
Shooting upside down and sideways isn't anything new. I could shoot my WA M9 upside down and sideways without venting gas. Accuracy is best at short range, and will also depend on how well I aim.

I haven't shot my KJ M4 upside down, but I'm sure accuracy won't be as good as if you were shooting prone. Plan to hang from the ceiling a lot in your games? =P

Most of the WA GBBs have the NLS installed in their magazine. NLS= No liquid system. This is why your gun does not vent liquid propellant. I don't believe the KJW M4 mags is equipped with it. Then again, I might be wrong.

There's no real reason for shooting the gun upside down in a game other than when opfor is in a bunker and you really really really want to peg them badly. :lol:

i was merely asking because raven mentioned about shooting inverted.

I would love the ability to shoot sideways, to take advantage of my cover better.

Sometimes your sight picture can be obstructed by an angle or something.

For example, you can point your barrel at an opening in a brick wall or something, but your sights only show you brick.

if you turn your gun sideways, your sights show you what you're shooting at.

i was merely asking because raven mentioned about shooting inverted.

I would love the ability to shoot sideways, to take advantage of my cover better.

Sometimes your sight picture can be obstructed by an angle or something.

For example, you can point your barrel at an opening in a brick wall or something, but your sights only show you brick.

if you turn your gun sideways, your sights show you what you're shooting at.

The only affect on accuracy after about 40 yards is the BB will drop, compensate by muzzle angle and is nothing new in airball. Not a sharp drop but it does. Shooting inverted surprisingly it shoots identical to normal orientation EXCEPT right at the end of about travel (on my rifle anyway) it will veer hard left at about the 60 yard mark and beyond, not always but it does.

I have almost always gone improvised urban in CQB distances, anything further than that I prefer to stay on my feet to move and react quickly to what is happening down range,,,

nice thanks Raven1.

I concur with your play style... I'm trying to build a range in a field next to my team mates house, similar to the one used in the magpul courses.

Cant wait to get this thing....

I know I'm sounding like the Cheerleader Champion for the KJW M4 but the gun seems like it was made to run through the Magpul course.

Snoopy! There is a slight larger tapered chamber in the upper portion of the magazine, the dispensing valve is located in the very center of the magazine and is 1 inch below the rubber seal which mates to the BCG.

As stated earlier there is never any liquid propane that is deposited onto the BCG or hop up chamber affecting accuracy.

Again, when the gun is fired inverted gas consumption is higher, slight mist coming off the ejection cover port but NO Liquid Propane Deposited on the hop up. I tested this with 2 fully gassed magazines 3 reloads each = 6 Magazines Expended While Inverted / Total Verifying No Liquid On Hop Up or BCG