Finally got my commercial user permission.

<---

Up by Friday or Saturday will be the price list, final testing results, as well as a link to a website Ive designed to sell these parts from (as well as many future products).

Product packaging is designed complete with illustrated instructions for installation. And many o-ring pistons have been made already waiting to find a home in your rifles.

I appreciate everyone's feedback and support in developing these parts!

Edited by t_hum
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I know I'm sounding like the Cheerleader Champion for the KJW M4 but the gun seems like it was made to run through the Magpul course.

Snoopy! There is a slight larger tapered chamber in the upper portion of the magazine, the dispensing valve is located in the very center of the magazine and is 1 inch below the rubber seal which mates to the BCG.

As stated earlier there is never any liquid propane that is deposited onto the BCG or hop up chamber affecting accuracy.

Again, when the gun is fired inverted gas consumption is higher, slight mist coming off the ejection cover port but NO Liquid Propane Deposited on the hop up. I tested this with 2 fully gassed magazines 3 reloads each = 6 Magazines Expended While Inverted / Total Verifying No Liquid On Hop Up or BCG

What is the tapered chamber at the upper portion of the magazine for? to act as an expansion chamber? koba's version of the NLS perhaps?

Think the liquid propane dissipates more as its hotter over there (translating into a mist instead of cloud of gas)?

hmmmmmmmmm

Posting Date Drop-off Point Origin

16-Oct-2009 Cheung Sha Wan Counter Office Cheung Sha Wan Counter Office

Date # Location Delivery Status

16-Oct-2009 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

16-Oct-2009 Hong Kong In transit.

17-Oct-2009 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

17-Oct-2009 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 18-Oct-2009

18-Oct-2009 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.

18-Oct-2009 United States of America Pending customs inspection.

18-Oct-2009 United States of America In transit.

i picked 7-10 day shipping. Ordered Thursday the 15th...its already inbound? Im not even in VA yet...lol

<---

Up by Friday or Saturday will be the price list, final testing results, as well as a link to a website Ive designed to sell these parts from (as well as many future products).

Product packaging is designed complete with illustrated instructions for installation. And many o-ring pistons have been made already waiting to find a home in your rifles.

t_hum...congrats on the commercial user permission thumbs up! I will be looking into what you have developed for the KJ M4's :)

Thats great T hum, I cant wait to see how it performed!

<---

Mine cracked at the exact the same location as in that pic.KJ replaced mine with another one and you can see the same place having imperfection on the surface already.

I heard two other individuals had the same place broke too. The upper is 2400 taiwan dollar and is roughly 75 USD

This has been brought up in a few forums now. While they do crack on occasion Im not sure its widespread yet. Anyone know what uppers cost?

Guess Ive got another idea for my next project...

Mine cracked at the exact the same location as in that pic.KJ replaced mine with another one and you can see the same place having imperfection on the surface already.

I heard two other individuals had the same place broke too. The upper is 2400 taiwan dollar and is roughly 75 USD

Yikes... that's kind of steep for a common problem...

Does it happen when you close the upper, or does it happen when the upper is stressed under bolt motion? Perhaps y'all just need to stop slamming your receiver together ;)

I doubt its from regular opening and closing as these movements put stress axially along the pivot. More likely is twisting motions, especially when the receiver is open, causing that sort of issue. Or the material is too low a quality in this area. Im working on a few ideas to solve the issue without having to buy a whole new upper.

Of sorts, yes. It needs to be coupled with the steel piece between the tabs and coupled with a smaller pin. Unless it's a press fit it won't hold a twisting load. So thinking a replacement for that whole insert with matching liner and detent for the smaller pin.

Of sorts, yes. It needs to be coupled with the steel piece between the tabs and coupled with a smaller pin. Unless it's a press fit it won't hold a twisting load. So thinking a replacement for that whole insert with matching liner and detent for the smaller pin.

My kjw m4 arriving tomorrow and its reassuring to know there is a dedicated research and development team on this forum. Keep up the good work! I'll definately on for a piston/fps changer and back up pin!

kjm4borken.jpg

I'm sorry, but looking at the before and after photo's I say it was bound to happen. Once it breaks... no matter what you do about "resurfacing" the body, it's still going to easily snap back off. This was certainly caused by tweaking it a bit the wrong way. Production line probably did it... great.. hate to say it; but I think Koba needs to crack down on their butts and crack the wip; not... that the managers aren't already doing that. ;)

To simply put it, I think they just put some heavy duty lock tight on it and called it good and shipped it out...

Edited by stickyittoyou

Well, I just got my new KJW M4 today! It feels really solid compared to previous replicas I've owned.

However, the # Code on mine is 00075, so it looks like I'll need that upgraded spring and whatever set its called. I guess I'll have to take a picture of it, and send it to KJW so they can send me the upgrade parts?

I'm sorry, but looking at the before and after photo's I say it was bound to happen. Once it breaks... no matter what you do about "resurfacing" the body, it's still going to easily snap back off.

We're not necessarily talking about modifying the body but instead not allowing the load to be transfered to the tabs at all. Broken tabs, no tabs, intact tabs, it would all still feel/function the same with the part installed.

Those are two individual guns.

Mine is the one with crack line. The one with broken tap is from a owner in taiwan. The owner stated he did not drop the gun and dissasembled it no more than 5 times and around 4k bbs been fired.

I'm sorry, but looking at the before and after photo's I say it was bound to happen. Once it breaks... no matter what you do about "resurfacing" the body, it's still going to easily snap back off. This was certainly caused by tweaking it a bit the wrong way. Production line probably did it... great.. hate to say it; but I think Koba needs to crack down on their butts and crack the wip; not... that the managers aren't already doing that. ;)

To simply put it, I think they just put some heavy duty lock tight on it and called it good and shipped it out...

Those are two individual guns.

Mine is the one with crack line. The one with broken tap is from a owner in taiwan. The owner stated he did not drop the gun and dissasembled it no more than 5 times and around 4k bbs been fired.

Notice that the tab has cracked in the same shape and position on both? I'm sure the others that are having this issue are in the same spot as well. So this is a production line issue. I'm surprised that they just didn't make the threading for the fore grip/delta ring and the upper receiver a one solid piece of material. Sadly that would up the price, but the quality guarantee would be profound.

Edited by stickyittoyou

Just got mine. Fitted G&P ris rails and aimpoint and boy is it solid. Almost broke my arm trying to get the rails on though. Not sure they're they're the easiest rails to fit, but they certainty aren't coming off any time soon! Overall the gun looks and feels amazing, with a very satisfying and smooth "clunk" to the bolt action. Feels like it could really take some punishment (apart from the upper reciever tab obviously ;) ) You can really feel (and hear) the amount of steel in this gun. Now i haven't fired a real weapon in quite a while. Last thing i shot was 7.62 and that was over 10 years ago, but i have to say the kick on this thing reminds me of at the very least a .22. Its loud and really hits hard! (on green) Far too hot for me to skirmish with till i get down to 350, as i play in the UK. But really satisfying none the less. imho This gun is definitely a new step in the direction of realism and amazing value.

post-25877-1256229172_thumb.jpg

Edited by wotty33
Just got mine. Fitted G&P ris rails and aimpoint and boy is it solid. Almost broke my arm trying to get the rails on though. Not sure they're they're the easiest rails to fit, but they certainty aren't coming off any time soon! Overall the gun looks and feels amazing, with a very satisfying and smooth "clunk" to the bolt action. Feels like it could really take some punishment (apart from the upper reciever tab obviously ;) ) You can really feel (and hear) the amount of steel in this gun. Now i haven't fired a real weapon in quite a while. Last thing i shot was 7.62 and that was over 10 years ago, but i have to say the kick on this thing reminds me of at the very least a .22. Its loud and really hits hard! (on green) Far too hot for me to skirmish with till i get down to 350, as i play in the UK. But really satisfying none the less. imho This gun is definitely a new step in the direction of realism and amazing value.

post-25877-1256229172_thumb.jpg

Awsome to hear wotty! Your setup looks a lot like mine and I am glad you are as satisfied as many others have been. Heres to hoping nothing happens to anyone else's upper receiver tab.

wotty33 - I have a the same set up as you. =) People should know that the G&P rails don't fit very easily, it's easier to take the front sight off and install it that way. I ended up scratching up my delta putting the top part in, but thanks to a Touch-up pen it looks fine.

People should support the top receiver when opening up the gun for maintenance and not just let it drop. The top is hefty and it leans right and left when separate from the bottom receiver. I always rest the gun on my leg and open it slowly, not much wear on mine and not broken yet.

wotty33 - I have a the same set up as you. =) People should know that the G&P rails don't fit very easily, it's easier to take the front sight off and install it that way. I ended up scratching up my delta putting the top part in, but thanks to a Touch-up pen it looks fine.

People should support the top receiver when opening up the gun for maintenance and not just let it drop. The top is hefty and it leans right and left when separate from the bottom receiver. I always rest the gun on my leg and open it slowly, not much wear on mine and not broken yet.

Better yet, People should take out both pins and set the gun on the floor when disassembling due to this issue rather then having the upper supported on the front pin alone.

Edited by stickyittoyou

I've got the same rails. They look top notch on your rifle, wotty. I still have to mount mine (they're at home, I'm at the apartment).. but I'll probably utilize the front sight post removal method.

Has anyone else had a problem with their rear body locking pin? Mine comes out if I pull on it too hard, and its a ##### to put back in. I was lucky enough to get it back in the second time by sneaking it past the locking pin section with some needle nose pliers (believe me, I got in on about try #55...). I can't really open the other end of my buffer too easily anymore since I secured that rear threaded end.

I was just wondering if anyone else suffered from this? Its not a "problem" more an annoyance, because if you pull too hard you're in for it for a while.

Quick Fix Only:::: If you're ever between games and this happens, or IN GAME and this happens, flip the body pin around and stick it in the other way. It'll look funny and it may get in the way of your selector but it holds the body together. Just take some pliers and pull the locking pin parts back, and slide the body pin in backwards. You can always fix it when you get home.