• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

To get back on topic about the KJ M4:

Does anyone know if the Anti Rotation Links made for a WA M4 Metal Body would fit the KJ? I'm not sure if the pins on the WA and the KJ are the same size.

Are you going after them for looks?

The KJ hammer and trigger pins are held in place by "springs". They look like they're wire springs. The pins will not get kicked out of the receiver from the gun's recoil and the gun's action. If it gets out of place, its because it got forced out manually.

Are you going after them for looks?

The KJ hammer and trigger pins are held in place by "springs". They look like they're wire springs. The pins will not get kicked out of the receiver from the gun's recoil and the gun's action. If it gets out of place, its because it got forced out manually.

Partial yes, and partially because I didn't want them to work themselves out. But since they're on springs, nevermind.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

You should know something about putting Magpul MIAD grips on the KJ M4. You're going to need to add a little bit of thick notecard, or a thin strip of metal between the grip, and the spring that holds in the ball bearing which holes the selector switch in place and makes it lock. On the standard grip there is a flat piece of plastic that holds the spring in to put tension on that locking mechanism. However, on a real steel rifle it is located in a slightly different position, so the Magpul MIAD doesn't hold the spring in by itself.

EDIT: I bought the "full kit" which comes with the trigger guard. Its really easy to pop out the old one, and the new one fits perfectly.

I tripled (I may do it again and quadruple) some note-card material to hold the spring in and it worked fine.

Its just something to think about before putting the grip on. Its a nice tight fit otherwise though, with no wobble at all! :wub:

The Magpul MBUS fits like a charm (rear), and YOU CAN USE REAL STEEL CHARGING HANDLE LATCHES. I installed a PRI Big Latch. Just use the pin supplied, as I think the hole is slightly smaller on the real steel latches. It won't fall out.

I'll add info about the fitting of the Magpul MOE (CTR look alike) stock tomorrow or whenever it comes.

Edited by wdahm519

Anyone using strictly propane with this gun? Would it be safe to assume that this gun will hold up pretty well when using propane?

Those Chinese clone GBBRs (AGM, Jing Gong, etc.) were looking like nice buys for the price, but they seem to get their guts torn out of them after a while from using propane.

Also, any word on STANAG style mags any time soon (possibly by the holiday season)?

Edited by nylock10
I am not. I took it out and stuck it back on my other M4.

What does not wobble much on the kj is the marui m4's retractable stock (plastic piece)...its as tight as can be without being stuck in place....

I'll let people know how the "PTS" MOE CTR Stock is soon. Since its PTS it should fit better.

Those Chinese clone GBBRs (AGM, Jing Gong, etc.) were looking like nice buys for the price, but they seem to get their guts torn out of them after a while from using propane.

Well what do you expect? The WA system is inherently fragile (even the stock WA's can't handle propane.) That's not to say the WA can't be upgraded to work perfectly.... :P (I'm a WA guy)

If you want GBB and don't have a big budget, the KJW seems to be the only option. A cheap 'working' WA could cost anywhere from $300 up, and even then there are no guarentees. For a bulletproof WA you could be looking at $1K easialy.

Basically after listening to feedback on the KJW, if you want the same out-of-the-box reliability found with AEG's, the KJW is the best option. :)

Well what do you expect? The WA system is inherently fragile (even the stock WA's can't handle propane.) That's not to say the WA can't be upgraded to work perfectly.... :P (I'm a WA guy)

If you want GBB and don't have a big budget, the KJW seems to be the only option. A cheap 'working' WA could cost anywhere from $300 up, and even then there are no guarentees. For a bulletproof WA you could be looking at $1K easialy.

Basically after listening to feedback on the KJW, if you want the same out-of-the-box reliability found with AEG's, the KJW is the best option. :)

I would not agree that a bulletproof WA is $1k. I know a handful of people that have all dumped over $1k into their WA's and they still don't work continuously. I wouldn't consider the KJW M4 is a GBBR for a man with a budget either. I'm put a few hundred in externals on my rifle already, and there's still the t_hum's upgrade parts to purchase.

Edited by wdahm519

I also don't agree that a 1k WA platformed GBBR is going to perform as well as a stock KJW M4.

Externals shouldn't be taken into account because it will vary from person to person on how they want their M4 to look. Internals for the KJ M4 isn't going to add up to much, less than $100. The WA/G&P/Inokatsu/AGM/JG is going to add up to over twice that amount.

I also don't agree that a 1k WA platformed GBBR is going to perform as well as a stock KJW M4.

Externals shouldn't be taken into account because it will vary from person to person on how they want their M4 to look. Internals for the KJ M4 isn't going to add up to much, less than $100. The WA/G&P/Inokatsu/AGM/JG is going to add up to over twice that amount.

Now that is something I would agree with!

Alright guys, time for some pics of my gun. I still need to put on the black TD grip instead of the FDE one... but that really doesn't matter for pics. I'm also throwing an R500S on for the CQB season.

Externals include:

- G&P 7" KAC Rails

- Dytac PEQ15

- Milspex TD Stubby foregrip (with trades :))

- Norgon Ambi Mag Release

- Magpul MBUS Rear Flip Up

- Magpul MIAD Full Kit with Trigger Guard

- PRI Big Combat Latch

- Magpul MOE "PTS" Stock

- EOTech 511

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

The MOE PTS stock fits pretty well. There is a slight bit of wobble, but WAY WAY less than with the original LE stock. I doesn't even bother anymore and I don't really notice it. For $59 you can't go wrong...

Edited by wdahm519

What internals for the KJW are even available?

@wdahm519

Now that is a nice looking rifle. Did those G&P rails just snap right into place or did they have to be fiddled with to be installed?

What internals for the KJW are even available?

@wdahm519

Now that is a nice looking rifle. Did those G&P rails just snap right into place or did they have to be fiddled with to be installed?

None as of yet, but then none are really needed as the KJW doesn't have issues with anything breaking. If you need it downgrading then t-hum is producing a custom velocity reducer and piston set.

The piston isn't necessarily a downgrade. It just resolves the issue people have been identifying with fragile cup seals and gas efficiency.

Speaking of, Ive got a stock of parts now. I had to source a a few bits for reducers from a company out east and they're on their way. Any day now guys and we will be up and running 100%.

Thanks for the patience!