I am mainly interested in the piston because I do not want my nozzle's rear catching onto the piston cup. That's stress that the nozzle should not be subjected to.

Other than that, no other upgrade part is necessary for the gun to function reliably. Replacement parts can be had by contacting KJW directly.

I personally am a fan of quality OEM parts because I know that they are made specifically for the gun its going into....not a clone with "close enough" tolerances....

The only parts I would be interested in getting (besides t_hum's piston) would be a KJW M4 loading nozzle, rocket valve, rubber band, and hop buckings. Those stock parts work great but I like having spares while my gun is working. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a non-functioning gun while I am awaiting replacement parts.

I mean why wait for replacement parts when you need it when you already have spares laying around? :lol:

----------------

On another note. I am so pleased with the KJW M4 that I decided to deal away my G&P WOC M4. Really, I did not need 2 different systems. For a G&P WOC M4 CQBR with one GHK magazine...I ended up getting a bone stock TM M14 that nobody has molested....yet...with a TM M14 std. mag, King Arms M14 midcap mag, Replica fakEOtech and $150.

150 bucks goes into paying for more magazines for my KJ M4. I have 4 coming in from UNcompany and 2 more coming in from WGC.

I wonder if I should go for more mags....Hmm...I don't even play. :lol:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

The piston isn't necessarily a downgrade. It just resolves the issue people have been identifying with fragile cup seals and gas efficiency.

I know, i should have made myself clear that i was talking about the velocity adjuster for downgrading the FPS, as im not sure where the's from. ;)

Also good to hear that your parts are almost ready, my paypal account is standing by. :)

What internals for the KJW are even available?

@wdahm519

Now that is a nice looking rifle. Did those G&P rails just snap right into place or did they have to be fiddled with to be installed?

Thanks nylock. The G&P rails had to be dremeled to fit. The little fork that holds the gas tube in place was getting in the way, as it was hitting the "teeth" of the barrel nut. I had to dremel them shorter. That and a few taps of a hammer and they fit right now. They're solid as ever.

I too use the G&P rail, but I took out the rear fork when I got it because I was too lazy to fit it. I just went ahead and dremel (cut) a little, and filed the inside so it would straddle over the gas tube. Now it's fits very tight =)

Anyone whose interested in having a single point sling mount can use clamp on ones for RS. I am using a Troy Industry one and it fits very tight.... now I have to wait for my Magpul MS2 sling to arrive.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27321/P...E_SLING_ADAPTER

I too use the G&P rail, but I took out the rear fork when I got it because I was too lazy to fit it. I just went ahead and dremel (cut) a little, and filed the inside so it would straddle over the gas tube. Now it's fits very tight =)

Anyone whose interested in having a single point sling mount can use clamp on ones for RS. I am using a Troy Industry one and it fits very tight.... now I have to wait for my Magpul MS2 sling to arrive.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27321/P...E_SLING_ADAPTER

Good! I was going to buy the Troy one. Thanks for confirming the fit!

The Troy will include the hex-wrench too... so great value for money =)

DSC04436.jpg

G&P ACOG 4x32 Scope

G&P M4 RAS Handguard Kit - Package A

Troy Industries Sling Adapter-Black

Falcon Industries Ergo Short Rail Covers (12)

DSC04424.jpg

Need a torch, and sling, and it'll be done-ish.

Edited by MrTreble
The Troy will include the hex-wrench too... so great value for money =)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/imp...m4/DSC04436.jpg[/img]

G&P ACOG 4x32 Scope

G&P M4 RAS Handguard Kit - Package A

Troy Industries Sling Adapter-Black

Falcon Industries Ergo Short Rail Covers (12)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/imp...m4/DSC04424.jpg[/img]

Need a torch, and sling, and it'll be done-ish.

Noice!!

Donut, I think t_hum is waiting for the fps adjusters from a company to be shipped to him.

Edited by wdahm519

I make everything here except the o-rings and plastic spacers and will be ready to sell by Thursday or Friday. Im waiting on an order of the little plastic spacers from a company in Arkansas who happens to be the only manufacturer of this size spacer I can find anywhere.

Wasn't TK/KJW supposed to be releasing a bunch of stuff this month? I don't recall what exactly but I coulda swore it was sometime in October.

Where'd you hear that from? I'd like to check out what they're supposed to launch. I feel like going into debt this month :D

We know that release dates are usually delayed, so we just have to sit and wait. I haven't seen that many products released ahead of schedule.

I didn't hear or see anything about KJ/TK releasing anything new for the M4. KJ and TK aren't known to release anything for their guns. Laylax was said to make accessories for this M4 though. But we know how long that takes... esp. when this gun doesn't need any new internals to function.

We know that release dates are usually delayed, so we just have to sit and wait. I haven't seen that many products released ahead of schedule.

I didn't hear or see anything about KJ/TK releasing anything new for the M4. KJ and TK aren't known to release anything for their guns. Laylax was said to make accessories for this M4 though. But we know how long that takes... esp. when this gun doesn't need any new internals to function.

QTF.

TK released the Japan version of the gun on the 23rd to shops in Japan. I visited a few Japanese sites and it looks like all that has been released is the gun and magazines, just like we have for export models except the TK version has a twist barrel.

I don't expect TK or KJW to release much for these guns. You might be able to get ahold of the twist barrel eventually but over 1J they're not really effective.

Nevermind the twist barrel. I would like a proper length inner barrel....or a cqbr outer barrel specifically made for the kj m4 lol

You do realize that fps difference in longer, tighter barrels differs in enourmous amounts between gas and AEG's. In AEG's you may get about 15 fps increase from 5" of barrel, where in gas you may get 50fps.

Stock this rifle shoots 450-470, are you sure you want to be upping that?

Been playing since 1992. Yes. I know what I am getting into with a longer barrel. I built a 520 FPS WA SV Infinity 3.9F Prokiller back in 2000. I have also worked on the WA M4 GBBR platform.

Like I said, I want a correct length inner barrel...or a CQBR outer barrel. Aside from the t_hum's piston...those are the only things I really want/need.

Been playing since 1992. Yes. I know what I am getting into with a longer barrel. I built a 520 FPS WA SV Infinity 3.9F Prokiller back in 2000. I have also worked on the WA M4 GBBR platform.

Like I said, I want a correct length inner barrel...or a CQBR outer barrel. Aside from the t_hum's piston...those are the only things I really want/need.

OMG, hahah, did you really use the 3.9 inch barrel on that thing?

On topic:

t hum: Those fps readings on page 42 are with the stock barrel, right? Just seeing what can be done. Also, if one has a lathe, can they custom machine your plastic spacers down to a lower fps if they have the ability, or is it too small or anything. Thanks.

OMG, hahah, did you really use the 3.9 inch barrel on that thing?

On topic:

t hum: Those fps readings on page 42 are with the stock barrel, right? Just seeing what can be done. Also, if one has a lathe, can they custom machine your plastic spacers down to a lower fps if they have the ability, or is it too small or anything. Thanks.

Extended tightbore barrel through a 250mm silencer.

The gun retained its select fire properties. Hmm....that was over 9 years ago. That would make wdahm915 10.....lol

Those readings were to show theoretically what the adjusters are capable of at different temperatures using the stock barrel.

The spacers are tiny but several come in the pack. They are 1/16 of an inch thick. You get lower velocities by stacking the spacers. You can use 0, 1, or 2 spacers. So each of the two reducers has three power levels to help you achieve your desired FPS given the ambient temp.

Both inner and outer barrels are on the "to do" list. Inners first.

Those readings were to show theoretically what the adjusters are capable of at different temperatures using the stock barrel.

The spacers are tiny but several come in the pack. They are 1/16 of an inch thick. You get lower velocities by stacking the spacers. You can use 0, 1, or 2 spacers. So each of the two reducers has three power levels to help you achieve your desired FPS given the ambient temp.

Ok, thanks. Too thin to machine then and stacking is easier. You can sand or grind it then for fine adjustment then?

Awesome dude! I've been window shopping with front end stuff for my bone stock oob M4. Can't make my mind up quite yet. I was looking at those 7.25" Noveske hand guards. I was thinking about getting the 7" outer barrel to go with it and then just grab a can to cover the rest of the 250mm inner barrel. I know that I will have to notch the back of the outer barrel so the loading nozzle clears it though I am hesitant to do that as M4 AEG spec isn't exactly KJW M4 GBBR spec. I'll be waiting on your inner/outer barrels.