• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

They are not a 100% fit/function combination though. I have heard of feeding/hop related issues with use of AEG outer barrels.

Were those problems persistent when they had the "cuts" on them to fit correctly? I forgot if you can even attach the AEG outer barrels without making the cuts.. which is why I ask.

We made cuts in Raven1's AEG outer barrel. After fitting it developed some odd feeding issues randomly. We believe it was attributed to the hop up unit opening up slightly. Its complicated to explain why and how it all happened and I dont fully understand it myself. But I think its safe to say that modifications are iffy and won't give you performance on par with the stock setup.

t_hum:

\

If you guys tested yet, or when you do...

How much more recoil is there with the lower fps because the float valve closes earlier. Is it getting closer to any WA?

In theory it should be greater because more of the force of the expanding gas is being directed towards pushing the bolt backwards.

I would say there is no difference in recoil. At least not perceivable. This is because less gas is used to propel the bb, thus the recoil action happens sooner and closes the magazine valve. If anything recoil should be the same and gas efficiency should increase very slightly. You have to remember the numbers we are talking about here are very small. Maybe the valve flows .12 cubic mm less and the recoil action releases the mag valve a tenth of a second sooner. Who knows. But the numbers are very slightly different than stock and small enough we can't tell the difference without precise measuring tools.

Got it.

Yeah, I was thinking in theory, but forgot unlike the magna gas system, to close the valve, you don't hit the knocker (or whatever it's called), you take the pressure off from the hammer.

So either way you let out a controlled amount of gas. Is that what you're saying t_hum?

Also you've tested that there is no perceived difference if that's what I'm reading, right?

Parts are from back to front:

Magpul MOE Stock

Magpul MIAD Full Kit Pistol Grip

PRI Big Latch Combat Tac Latch

Magpul MBUS Rear Flip Up

Norgon Ambi Mag Catch

RealSteel EOTech 511.A65/1

G&P 7" KAC Style Rail System

Milspex Tangodown QD VFG

Dytac PEQ15

G&P R500S Tac Light (460 lumens baby.. they claim 500 but its a bit less)

G&P Pressure Switch

Daniel Defense Offset Flashlight Mount (PAK Version)

Samson/Stag Arms Ladder Covers

Magpul Magpuls (*on mags, not shown)

I have to add one more picture because this new series of pictures I took are way better than the crappy ones I posted a second ago:

DSC_0084-1.jpg

Edited by wdahm519

A couple of people from another site says that they have not had feed/hop issues using the G&P outer barrel.

I'm taking a gamble on a Madbull M733 (CQBR length/ 10.5") outer barrel. Hope feeding and hop stays as good as it is with the stock barrel.

IMG_1485.jpg

Couple more magazines coming in. Mid-Threat body armor only holds 4.

my other plate carrier only has 4 single cell pouches...need to get a couple more

or take out the elastic bands on my double mag pouches....meh! I'm so used to just pulling my mag out of the pouch....don't want to mess with elastic stuff or the screaming velcro...

need a couple more of these pouches...

IMG_0302.jpg

th_MVI_1382.jpg

th_MVI_1383.jpg

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py
I Guess you're using PTS parts Wdahm?

Oh EDIT: One question, have anyone used the M4s in a little more cold weather?

Hows the gas holding up?

No, I'm not. Only the stock is PTS.

Check my posts about 2 - 3 pages back, I posted about using my rifle in the cold. But for a recap - they work pretty well still, but I think cold + propane caused my cup seal to rip instantly.

Edited by wdahm519
Ah, but isn't there a WA one that is PTS and will fit Gbbrs?

Yeah, but I'm not sure if the WA would fit the KJW. It would make more sense just to get the real steel magpul MIAD kit for $34, or the full kit for $38 like I did from SKDTac, and its $5 flat rate shipping.

Ah, but isn't there a WA one that is PTS and will fit Gbbrs?

Yes there is,

It is a MOE Grip and Ehobby sells it -- http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-moe-...ries-black.html

Be advised though, the KJW cap screw that fastens the grip down is larger and you will not be able to use the cap screw that comes with the PTS grip.

Yes there is,

It is a MOE Grip and Ehobby sells it -- http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/magpul-pts-moe-...ries-black.html

Be advised though, the KJW cap screw that fastens the grip down is larger and you will not be able to use the cap screw that comes with the PTS grip.

on a similar vein, what tool is needed to remove the grip. the allen keys i have are too short to reach the screw