• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

On another note, I know Raven1 had mentioned that he would post up a proper tutorial on how to clean and lube the KJW M4. I know he's a busy guy, I just look forward to it and I'm sure the rest of the KJW M4 owners could use the info.

Very Sorry For The Delay!

I work for Intel Corp and needless to say it has been very busy. Just pulled off working 16 days straight and it doesn't help that they are 12 hour shifts!

The KJW M4 - Book of Knowledge Maintenance Manual is forthcoming and thanks for being patient guys!

Also I'm hoping Cradle Airsoft will host the PDF File on the website for easy accessibility. This will allow you to always know where to find it and where to look when you're needing quality after market parts for your KJW M4.

Wednesday, December 2nd, 2009

0900 Hours

Temperature 41F / 5C In Sunny Arizona

Propane Gas Used - Coleman Propane Fuel - http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/Produ...&click=2744

Firing Mode Rapid Fire Semi Auto Only - Semi Auto Only!

1st Magazine 5 Shot Control Groups

2nd Magazine 10 Shot Control Groups

3rd Magazine 10 - 5 - 10 - 5 Shot Control Groups

4th Magazine Shoot Single Fire as quickly as possible to bolt lock back - quickly switch bolt lock off located on the magazine exterior - shoot until all gas expended - 14 additional cycles of BCG with No BBs.

Gun State:

Magpul B.A.D. Lever - Cradle Airsoft Piston - Cradle Airsoft Aluminum Velocity Reducer - Blown Lower/No Buffer Retaining Pin To Provide Strain Relief to BCG

Installed Cradle Airsoft "Blown Lower Solution"

Ran Gun 1 Magazine Test Only - Gun ran as expected with No Issues.

The Cradle "Blown Lower Solution" requires the carrier weight to be removed in order to facilitate the new part. Making the carrier slightly less weight than a stock factory carrier. Gun operation was noted to be much more responsive with an increase in rate of fire. Felt recoil was normal with no change in operation. Noted gun was able to expend 4 reloads to 1 gas charge into magazine. Unable to root cause if temperature, Cradle Piston or combination of both is the defining factor for gas efficiency. Noted No Change in BB accuracy and still set as prior and holding to previous set point.

Again - This Is A Blown Lower - Gun Operating As Expected - No Change In Gas Efficiency or Hop Up Operation

Temperature is cooler than optimum / Afternoon temperature to be 71 F \ Will Repeat Test with 10 Magazine Gas Fills in the Afternoon!

Total Magazines Expended Today = 1

4 BB Reloads To 1 Gas Fill

Total Issues / Incidents Encountered = None

Total Bolt Locking Back After Last BB = 4

Total Magazine Count Expended = 340

Total Round Count = 10,880

Yes, ideally, it gets installed BEFORE your lower breaks. It is designed to relieve stress from the detent pin thus preventing damage.

To install the part you must remove the press-fit weight from the bolt carrier. This can be done with a screwdriver quite easily. When the part is available a video will explain the whole process.

My thousand rounds was full auto.

Though your lower receiver is in tact. I was asking Raven1 as his M4 has a busted buffer retainer.

While not completely useless, my M4 (with a busted lower/buffer retainer) can do some bursts on full auto. It is however unreliable as you cant tell when it will stop. Sometimes at one shot...other times at 5. While still holding down on the trigger, the gun just stops firing. I would have to pull the charging handle back to load another round and start shooting again....something you wouldn't want to do on the field frequently.

I am wondering if this fixes that particular issue. Or perhaps my issue is unique to the gun. Who knows. To date, only Raven1 and I have documented busted lower receiver/buffer retainer assemblies.

-------

Got the o-ring pistol today. Very nice stuff. Thanks T_Hum!

No Range Report Today:

Will attempt to Update within the next 24 hours on;

Full Auto Fire,

Sustained Semi Auto Fire,

Side Note:

Having spoken with Elray He's Completely Correct!

Please Guys - Lets Stay In Our Lanes and Stay On Topic - Apologies From Me For Wasting Any Valuable Time.

I Hope The Rest Will Do The Same,,,

Edited by Raven1
Raven1 or anyone else, can you get a chrono reading on Green Gas/Propane in cold weather - as in 5 Celsius?

Working on that, data is being gathered now regarding the blown out lower, semi auto rapid fire / full auto fire.

Being that is now winter cold weather data will be gathered in conjunction.

Please be patient as the process happens,

PS: Baggard You Killin Me Son!

I got my rifle in a couple days ago (I think a large portion of the money I spent was eaten in the "free" shipping that arrived from Taiwan to the US in <5 days).

I must say, I absolutely love it. Plenty of kick, loud and intimidating. Feels great to shoot, nothing has been more exciting in my airsoft career.

My chief complaints so far are actually with loading:

Has anyone found a more suitable way to reload magazines in a field? With Gas and BBs? carrying the little cap, tube and plunger around seems like it'd quickly get to be a pain.

Also, my box included an armorer's wrench. I have a non-serial #ed model. I was wondering if this was true for everyone?