http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6067

Edited by MrTreble
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

If you are referring to the piston as Kevorkian suggest then, no, I havent ever seen a plastic one. Ive seen two versions of the metal one but not plastic.

:huh: Yep,lived up to my name yet again,thanks Kev.Your right t_hum both pistons are metal but they are the different versions. The second version that we got ,suffers from cool down really bad in the two rifles that we had out the other nite. Swapped BCG's and the guns runs like a dream. I know now which one gets t_hum's piston installed.

Kev,I'll post that photo tomorrow,to show which one is getting replaced.

Great news that TBs are avaliable, tho how are yours coming along t_hum? I'd rather buy all my internals from cradle airsoft to save on shipping.. Man it sucks to be this excited about an airsoft gun and knowing you wont be able to buy it until like march. And does the stock adapter thingy mean you can use full stocks from AEGs?

I agree with cent101 on buying from Cradle Airsoft. I would particularly like a tighter bore than 6.03 since it's a gas gun and there's really no concern of stripped gears, 6.02 or .01 would be great.

Those are two interesting choices for lengths they are selling: one is the m4 standard length, but the other is full length m16 size.

I wonder what FPS we could expect from a 509mm barrel, probably have to use quite a few spacers to get it legitimate for most fields of play.

The site will be revised by Jan. 1, 2010 with a few new changes.

-Two new products:

1. Detent protector - $15

2. Tightbore barrels in 6.03mm from madbull stock. These are made to order in any length you want. - $40

(We are working on sourcing our own stock in 6.01 right now as well).

-Installation videos for each product

-Higher quality and more detailed descriptions and pictures of each product

-Its also quite possible that at that date Ill release a few details as to our next big project. Currently we have and industrial designer and two mechanical engineers working on a HUGE release sometime in the first quarter of the coming year. Its going to really remove one of the very few excuses left not to get a KJW.

Edited by t_hum
I would love a 6.01mm barrel, shorter than 509mm but longer than 363mm to best fit my JBU silencer. Would that be possible? I'll have to get exact measurements.

Thats certainly possible. I think Ill set up the page so you can select a few standard lengths/styles for those who may not know what they need numerically as well as a custom length option. For now people will have to enter the exact length they want in the paypal special instructions.

im about to buy a gbbr, how does the KJW M4 compare with other guns like the WE Scar? the main things im looking for is value because its going to be my main gun and i dont have a lot to spend. I dont want it to break after a thousand rounds i want it to last a few years. from what ive researched so far, the KJW M4 seems to be the most reliable, but the thing is the WE Scar is cheaper, so couldn't i just use the money saved to just replace the parts that break throughout the life of the gun or is the overall design of the gun flawed that it would just be a moneyhole?

The KJW won't break, whereas the WE SCAR will. Anything prone to breaking in the KJW M4 (IE, one or tow bits) can be ordered from cradle airsoft for not a lot of dosh.

And, AFAIK, there's few to no spare parts for the WE scar.

You WOULD technically save money, but there's nothing to break on a KJW. I'd rather have a gun that's proven to run over ten thousand rounds, and still work when something breaks, than something I've heard to be really rather fragile.

My tickling senses tell me that there will be normal STANAG mags coming up, am I not right t_hum?

Are you crazy?

P-mags....jeez. If it's mags, maybe he'll be able to make them go into real steel mag shells so we can use pmags or maybe AEG mag shells.

If not, a forged receiver is awsome. Maybe the receiver can use real buffer tubes/WA buffer tubes with a reducing insert instead of that brass collar?

That's my guess.

Edited by phantomwarrior

I guess there is no point in turning this thread into a never ending guessing game.

We are currently developing a magazine system which will allow the user to place them in both RS pmag and stanag shells, which will be available through us.

We have some neat features in the works for these that I think we will all be glad to see.

Dingdingding, my crazyness is hereby confirmed.

I wonder if 20round mags would work well in this gun. They're generally considered too small for normal GBBRs, but maybe with the quite good gas efficiency of this gun they might do their job as good as the 30 rounders on the other brand GBBRs?

They well may be suitable. Our first objective is to get the regular 30 round mags to market as they are in higher demand.

The reservoirs on our mags are larger than the KJW mags. I estimate theyll hold enough for 200-225 shots per fill at 70 deg F. Capacity is 50 rounds.

Opps, sorry for kinda making it start to become a guessing game.

But on that note, do you think getting any WA sized buffer/buffer tube with an insert to reduce the size for the bolt carrier possible albeit with a new receiver if one is ever made?

That way you can use the normal sling swivels in the back and probably have a bigger selection of stocks (UBR for those who arn't in Taiwan)