• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Meh, I was hoping you'd start doing outer barrels in various profiles. :D

Oh well, everyone and their aunt will have to accept KJW now, I guess, since biggest noise has come from lack of STANAGs. Heck, even I was questioning their lack.

Just hope you manage to keep the magazines safe, t_hum, don't want you to be lynched by the judicial system for producing gas-filled grenades.

Meh, I was hoping you'd start doing outer barrels in various profiles. :D

Oh well, everyone and their aunt will have to accept KJW now, I guess, since biggest noise has come from lack of STANAGs. Heck, even I was questioning their lack.

Just hope you manage to keep the magazines safe, t_hum, don't want you to be lynched by the judicial system for producing gas-filled grenades.

No Worries!

I Will thoroughly Test / Beat / Throw / Drop onto EVERY Surface Imaginable to Certify the capability of these mags!

I hope to have video of these mags being tested to demonstrate the durability. Which shouldn't be a problem as it's Cradle's Design in an Authentic MAGPUL P-Mag. Doesn't get any better than that,,,

No Worries!

I Will thoroughly Test / Beat / Throw / Drop onto EVERY Surface Imaginable to Certify the capability of these mags!

I hope to have video of these mags being tested to demonstrate the durability. Which shouldn't be a problem as it's Cradle's Design in an Authentic MAGPUL P-Mag. Doesn't get any better than that,,,

Now... I want to know before he starts to sell them, has he talked with MAGPUL? They might go after him if he hasn't received any licensing. Just because it's a shell doesn't mean that it isn't a finished product that needs licensing to sell. After all it will be an Authentic P-mag will it not?

I love the idea, I just don't want to see T_Hum go down because of something so small.

Saftey is of course a legitimate concern and one we aren't taking lightly. Again, this must be factored into the cost of business by operating here in the US. While Eastern companies may be able to churn out die cast (and I believe often dangerous) magazines will little to no fear of being persecuted in case of injury, I am not so sheltered from such events. The magazines will be hyrdostatically or water jacket tested as well. They will have FEA analysis performed prior to any tooling or testing.

Quality, Saftey, and Legality will ALL be addressed before we send ANYTHING to ANYBODY. That includes licensing if needs be.

Im 100% positive that this mag design will get tested many times more than anything form the competition before release. I committed to the KJW platform because it had all the right stuff for an incredible rifle. Not because I could make mediocre parts and slap them on a mediocre platform and get away with it because customers have come to expect that in airsoft. My goal is to make the highest quality stuff for the right platforms and hopefully get people to rethink what "quality" means, especially in airsoft.

Edited by t_hum

After searching for about a month for information and coming across this thread, I bought my KJW M4 GBB yesterday here in Hong Kong. Thanks to t_hum and Raven 1 for their great effort and assistance provided to users of this model.

p1707211209.th.jpg

I bought 2 extra mags to complement my padded belt setup.

p1702211209.th.jpg

The items added to the GBB is an RDS and Dboys Vltor Clubfoot style stock. The stock has just a slight wobble to it that could be remedied with some duct tape. It's not distracting to me personally.

p2257221209.th.jpg

The piston is the newer type as this was a new shipment from KJW about 2 weeks ago.

p163001211209.th.jpg

The above reading was taken at about 16Celcius and was consistent from shot to shot.

All 3 mags locked back the bolt every time and there were no leaks in the initial tests. However, I'll only be able to report on its performance in a game after the New Years. I'll be back with an update then.

Thanks again Raven and t_hum.

It's a nice fit actually on the stock KJW tube with just the slight wobble. I just used some duct tape on the tube and it's tight again.

What do you make of the new type of piston body? Was there something deficient in the first type?

Edited by johnyew

SwatMP5Man,

Do you encounter any stuttering during FA? My temps right now over here in Hong Kong are around 18Celsius and I encountered some stuttering during test firing yesterday. I did lube my piston cup but maybe not sufficient enough. Let me know how your tests goes.

SwatMP5Man,

Do you encounter any stuttering during FA? My temps right now over here in Hong Kong are around 18Celsius and I encountered some stuttering during test firing yesterday. I did lube my piston cup but maybe not sufficient enough. Let me know how your tests goes.

Only when using duster gas, temperatures here are about -5 degrees celsius now and i've not used it in these temperatures, but i've not had any problem on green gas. However when i'm in game, whenever i reload with bb's i top mags up with gas to be on the safe side, and use semi only as my M4 is my indoor weapon, and use my minimi for full auto outdoor games.

T-Hum, Raven1,

Are you able to get the Ergo Suregrip or Magpul MOE locally?

I am thinking of getting either one of the above grip and your parts together in one shipment to me.

Is this doable?

Thanks.

I can look into it. Ill let you know sometime next week.

As some of you may know, many airsoft guns in canada are now partially or wholly clear body, for ease of importation. while it is well known for lesser chinese companies to sell clear plastic airsoft, more established companies such as G&G and SRC have started manufacturing clear bodies for the Canadian market. KJ Works is the first company to create a clear lower receiver for a GBBR.

Before I paint my body black, I wanted to get some video of the mechanism (hammer, sears...) in action. the main focus of the video is the clear body and the internals while in operation.

the the dry fire toggle doesn't want to stay down so I had to hold the bolt release to dry fire.

sorry, i don't know how to embed on this forum

As some of you may know, many airsoft guns in canada are now partially or wholly clear body, for ease of importation. while it is well known for lesser chinese companies to sell clear plastic airsoft, more established companies such as G&G and SRC have started manufacturing clear bodies for the Canadian market. KJ Works is the first company to create a clear lower receiver for a GBBR.

Before I paint my body black, I wanted to get some video of the mechanism (hammer, sears...) in action. the main focus of the video is the clear body and the internals while in operation.

the the dry fire toggle doesn't want to stay down so I had to hold the bolt release to dry fire.

sorry, i don't know how to embed on this forum

cheers, that was interesting to see what's actually happening inside.

I almost understand how the mechanism works now :)

.. and happy Christmas all you kjw M4 users!

Edited by wotty33

My KJW M4A1 arrived today from Airsoftglobal.com via FedEx. It's a non-serialized model as pictured on their website, so if you're looking at getting one they should be good to go. The buffer tube measured 1.12" wide and 1.45" tall which is slightly thinner but taller than the mil-spec tube, 1.146" and 1.443" respectively, though my dial calipers could be off. Brownell's and SKDtac, watch out!

-Piano

*edit* Just got a shipping update on both my SOCOM Gear DD MK 18 RIS II and T_Hum's parts. This day is a good day indeed!

Edited by PianoBlack

I had your parts with me as I flew through Seattle the other day in case we missed our connecting flight. In the end we made it but you were close to getting hand delivery :) They actually shipped yesterday via priority mail so you should have them tomorrow or thereabouts.

Im really interested in hearing how the MK18 RIS fits. I've been eyeing one for a while.

Edited by t_hum