• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I picked mine up from Airsplat. Must say they did a great job handling my order. I did get a serial numbered gun though. Im not sure if they are still carrying those or not. Might be worth asking as it adds a little bit of trouble to email KJW and get new parts sent.

Just a quick question, anyone notice a decrease in gas efficiency with t_hum's parts?

or am I just doing something wrong?

1 thing to note as well, I needed to replace my bolt cup (Part #15) at the 11,000 BB mark.

From Propane ONLY use it had expanded to the point that gas was escaping around the o-ring seal creating a very noticeable drop in gas efficiency. Once I had replaced the part with a new one gas efficiency returned to normal with an increase in felt recoil. The factory KJW piston seal is a 'Lip' type that expands form a friction seal against the inside diameter of the bolt cup. Unfortunately the design also lends itself to tear easily and early on in the life of the seal. The o-ring design has a better, longer over all useful life span but unfortunately does not expand to seal to compensate for the increasing inside diameter of the bolt cup. How ever, the 10,000 BB mark ( or in my case, the 11,000 BB mark ) is an acceptable interval in which to replace the bolt cup. Doing the math, a typical air baller would reach that milestone at around the 3 year mark which is perfectly acceptable indeed,,,

Raven, just to clearify, the bolt cup you replaced in the gun was just the O ring you installed on T hum's piston, yes? It would just be the rubber O ring you would have to replace? Or are you talking about replacing the stock "lip" cup seal all together? Just a bit confused.

The o-ring piston replaces the cup seal. Those travel inside the bolt cup. Raven replaced his bolt cup due to wear/expansion over all those rounds. Iirc, he had poor efficiency with both the o-ring piston and the stock cup seal system at that many rounds and opted to replace the bolt cup.

I picked mine up from Airsplat. Must say they did a great job handling my order. I did get a serial numbered gun though. Im not sure if they are still carrying those or not. Might be worth asking as it adds a little bit of trouble to email KJW and get new parts sent.

I sent airsplat a message asking them if its the newer version without the serial number. Can't wait to get my hands on this gun :D

I messaged them about a month ago when they had them out of stock. They said all they had were serial ones but with the new shipment in I would highly doubt that they got more serialized ones in especially since there were only 250. On a similar note though airsplat has the cheapest price I could find on KJW mags. I'm ordering my KJW from ehobby tomorrow and I plan on buy 6 more mags from airsplat even though I want T hum's new mags.

EDIT: While browsing through my local forums I came across this

http://www.keystoneairsoft.com/product_inf...products_id=454

I know the guy who owns the store personally but I don't know him real well yet. I don't think he actually has them in stock but I'm gonna talk to him and get back to you guys.

Edited by Speed=
I messaged them about a month ago when they had them out of stock. They said all they had were serial ones but with the new shipment in I would highly doubt that they got more serialized ones in especially since there were only 250. On a similar note though airsplat has the cheapest price I could find on KJW mags. I'm ordering my KJW from ehobby tomorrow and I plan on buy 6 more mags from airsplat even though I want T hum's new mags.

EDIT: While browsing through my local forums I came across this

http://www.keystoneairsoft.com/product_inf...products_id=454

I know the guy who owns the store personally but I don't know him real well yet. I don't think he actually has them in stock but I'm gonna talk to him and get back to you guys.

Thanks for the info!

But wait, T Hum is making new mags? I'm trying to catch up on this thread, but must of missed something. Thanks

Yeah. We just begun development of Internals that will fit pmags and stanags. Still early phases though so I wouldn't hold off on buying kjw mags in the meantime.

That is so awesome! I can't wait to get this gun, and some of your upgrades! When this gun first came out I was worried about aftermarket support, but with your support T Hum I think this gun will rock.

Yeah. We just begun development of Internals that will fit pmags and stanags. Still early phases though so I wouldn't hold off on buying kjw mags in the meantime.

Gah! Though im not complaining about the stock mags, as I have had not a single problem with any of mine, this makes me sort of regret buying 7 spares lol. Hopefully by then ill have a little extra, especially since it was mentioned that the reseviors would be bigger. Big plus!

Did you lube the piston o-ring when you installed it? Check to make sure the piston is as close to exactly centered on the carrier as possible. If it is off you'll get venting. Also, is your lower receiver broken, or not? I cant remember.
Yep, I made sure to watch the video more than once when installing it. I did notice the piston wasn't fully sealing with the cylinder, so I added some teflon tape under the oring to compensate. I think there is still too much gas venting. I'm going to try getting a thicker oring and see if that might fix it.

Otherwise I will try to get a new KJW piston.

Oh yeah, I am LOVING the velocity adjuster. It works like a charm, and it's actually not too hard to replace when needed.

Yep, I made sure to watch the video more than once when installing it. I did notice the piston wasn't fully sealing with the cylinder, so I added some teflon tape under the oring to compensate. I think there is still too much gas venting. I'm going to try getting a thicker oring and see if that might fix it.

Otherwise I will try to get a new KJW piston.

Oh yeah, I am LOVING the velocity adjuster. It works like a charm, and it's actually not too hard to replace when needed.

Have you tried switching to the spare o-ring included in the package? If you can't find a suitable replacement I can mail you a few more.

And to Speed, the price of the shells is included because they need to be modified for the valve knocker and a few other small spots. It would be great if they internals could drop into unmodified mags but the current designs employed by GIM guns just wont allow it.

Edited by t_hum

Well I'm curious to see how the installation process works because the one guy on our team also works for a competative firearm shop and they have old weak mags that I could get my hands on cheap. I assume you would have to take out the spring, etc.

Raven1 & T-hum,

Thanks for your offer to help me find the RS grips.

I'll try to modify my spare AEG grip to fit the KJW and if its succesful, i'll post it here.

Also, when are you going to start offering the tightbore barrels? I'm very unterested in these.