Have you tried switching to the spare o-ring included in the package? If you can't find a suitable replacement I can mail you a few more.

The other included o-rind seemed slightly better, but it's still not there. I'm kind of baffled as to why the o-ring is less efficient even though my original piston head had a hole in it <_<

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I just ordered one KJW TK M4A1 from Uncompany, hope i`ll receive it next week.

The only problem is that i can`t find mags anywhere.

If you know a website where i can find...please help.

P.S. - i`m from Romania, and i found some websites in US but they don`t ship to RO

Thanks.

Good god, I managed to stay out of buying new Airsoft items for a few years and now look what comes out... ;-) Once the Canadian retailers get one in again (all out of stock everywhere), I'll be ordering.

Thanks for all the info and reviews guys, keep it up!

Cheers

hey t_hum, I've been out of the scene for quite a while.

work and school will do that to ya.

does your velocity adjuster allow for reliable, consistant cqb fps? (sub 350) with not much variance?

thanks man....

got plenty of money in the bank now and am getting loads more after selling my car tonight, so its just a matter of whenever i feel like ordering my m4.... finally.

Ive had good results with the reducer. First three shots are always hot as the magazines are chock full of liquid at that point. After some of the liquid evaporates off the top of a full fill Ive had +/- 5-8 FPS variance on average. Getting it sub 350 on green is no problem at all.

I'm messing around with my rifle in the cold (12 degrees F right now) and I'm still able to get about 1.5 mags off in single fire without much issue. This is gassed, then slapped in the rifle and allowed to fire immediately. The only modifications I have in are T-Hums piston and velocity reducer.

I am still however having trouble getting all my rounds to push up to the top of the mag every time. Can someone please point me in the direction of a how-to guide to replace the bb-follower spring in the mag? Or an at home remedy? I'm tired of having to beat my mags a-la Vietnam era m16s.

I've also opted to put a 12.658" Noveske free float rail kit on there, and I've already got my PTS CTR, so I'll have pics to come soon. I'd really like to wait until after I put the MIAD and KX3 as well, but that's a little ways off still.

I have a full blown skirmish tomorrow morning and it's supposed to be even colder than today. I'll let you know how well it handles the day.

I'm messing around with my rifle in the cold (12 degrees F right now) and I'm still able to get about 1.5 mags off in single fire without much issue. This is gassed, then slapped in the rifle and allowed to fire immediately. The only modifications I have in are T-Hums piston and velocity reducer.

I am still however having trouble getting all my rounds to push up to the top of the mag every time. Can someone please point me in the direction of a how-to guide to replace the bb-follower spring in the mag? Or an at home remedy? I'm tired of having to beat my mags a-la Vietnam era m16s.

I've also opted to put a 12.658" Noveske free float rail kit on there, and I've already got my PTS CTR, so I'll have pics to come soon. I'd really like to wait until after I put the MIAD and KX3 as well, but that's a little ways off still.

I have a full blown skirmish tomorrow morning and it's supposed to be even colder than today. I'll let you know how well it handles the day.

thats quite a bit different from the experiences i've had recently, had a game on sunday, temperatures around -2/-3 degrees celsius and the first 5 rounds in a magazines would fire as normal and then rounds would start dropping at 5-8 metres or so. I blame the temperature, as my pistol was only managing half magazines from a full fill of gas.

Not sure what solved my magazine problems, i stripped them all down and just checked the follower for rough edges, as well as the magazine lips and filed down any seam/mold lines i could find. Not had any problems since and haven't felt the need to instll the 5 spare springs i bought from KJW just in case.

It was about 30 degrees F here yesterday and my gun had been in its case for about a month or so. I wanted to make sure it still worked. I took it outside and fired and everything was still spot on. I got through one mag and the bolt locked back, but I didnt get much more gas afterwords. One mag is still pretty good though, especially for how cold it was.

KJWDDWIP1.jpg

I've temporarily installed the SOCOM Gear DD MK18 RIS II to see how it fits and needless to say, it works. The barrel nut fits perfectly onto the KJW upper receiver and I used a Park Tool SPA-4 to tighten it down. Initially the bolt up system plate is loose (front and back, the "ears" on it keep it from going side to side despite not having the gas tube installed), but when you bolt it to the upper rail assembly, it snugs down and is good to go. I would recommend unbolting the lower rail assembly from the upper rail assembly to make tightening down the bottom mounting bolts easier.

I've drilled out the hole that the gas tube fits in, but since I am still awaiting a 5KU DD gas block, it has yet to be installed. Furniture is currently on hold until I can figure what I want, but I am looking at either a MOE or TD Battlegrip and a replacement stock. Sights and flash hider are to be determined too.

-Piano

Edited by PianoBlack

Looks awsome Piano. I agree, FDE would look great with the DD rail.

Just an update. On propane, I skirmished with the KJW all day yesterday. The coldest it got out at our field was 29 degrees F in the time I played. The mags were exposed to the cold for about an hour or two before I played (not on purpose), and during gameplay, I was able to go through all 8 of my mags on semi. I was able to rapidly pull the trigger on quite a few occasions and all the magazines locked back. You could most def tell the difference though as the blow back was no where near as crisp as it would be in warmer weather, as to be expected. Im sure the FPS suffered as well, but the shots were still going where I aimed. I thought it was very impressive that the gun didnt just vent all the gas all over the place, let alone lock back one each mag. Someone took a vid of the shooting, Ill post it up soon.

Right. A 10.5 or so outer will match up nicely. Right now there are no outers that will work without modification. Im thinking about offering them at some point but have a lot on my plate right now. I guess I could do a custom job for people.

Still working on the site. Doing some things I wanted to do the first time around but didnt have time.

The mod isn't to hard. I used a table saw and a drill press :huh: The table saw was for the slot needed and the drill press is for a hole, the grub screw needs to hold the barrel in place. And I needed a 4 -40 tap and grub screw. I came up with this. Can't see much of the barrel .lol

post-59384-1263171109_thumb.jpg

Gee,I wish i knew how to keep the pic's bigger :unsure:

Skirmish went well, but was cancelled early due to the inclement weather. Only managed to do one relatively quick round, and fired 4 mags, semi auto, all 30 rounds without issue.

Ambient temp was ~15F.

I did run into an issue with my hop-up. It does seem to have much effect. I turned the knob in the direction of the arrow and it doesn't seem to change anything, and there's no stop point. It clicks with each stage, but it never stops turning. Am I not paying close enough attention or is there something I should be changing?

I suppose I could always switch to a different hop-up sleeve/nub and see if it improves at all, are AEG nubs/sleeves compatible?