The 5KU DD Low Profile Gas Block arrived today and it fits on the stock outer barrel just fine. The only hiccup is that the KJW's gas tube is thicker at the gas block end than the hole that is in the gas block. The tube ~5 mm in diameter and the hole in both the 5KU gas block and KJW upper receiver measures ~3/16 in. The end of the tube that fits into the upper receiver measures ~3/16 in.

Cheers,

-Piano

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hi, T hum would it be possible that we could buy outer barrel from you cause what I'm thinking before is that buy the outer barrel from KJW and have someone machine shop the exact lenght and copy the tip of the gun like the thread in a CQB outer barrel lenght. So that it will be the exact part upgrade for the KJW m4 gbbr. I can't find anyone yet that could machineshop the barrel from me here in CANADA.

First Skirmish Report

I finally got to play with the KJ last Sunday in nice cool weather, 19Celcius and the gun measured about 450fps usiing 0.2g BB.

I had fired about 500 BBs the entire day divided evenly by 4 mags and all 4 mags held up nicely and were very consistent. During that day I was gettiing about 2.5 mags worth per Green gas fill on average as by the third game, I was topping up the gas during the breaks.

I fired mostly in semi auto in the morning and in the afternoon session, switched to 2-3 round burst fire. All shots were consistent out to about 25meters and I was happy with that. All the mags locked back when empty 100% of the time.

The biggest issue that day was reloading the BBs which was a PIA! I wish they would have made the mags easy to reload from the bottom like current pistol mags. So, its another DIY project to mod the mag as well as an AEG grip to fit the GBB.

Second issue I have is a slight stuttering in FA when the mag is fully charged with gas. Only after firing several shots in SA will the FA be smooth. Anybody else have this problem? Maybe I overlubed the bolt. <_<

All in all, a good days experience as there were no hiccups nor breakdowns. I'm very happy with this gun and I'm going to be recommending it to players looking into GBB.

:)

Does the stuttering occur only when the mags are freshly filled with gas? Could be liquid propellant getting into the bolt cup and expanding too quickly or unevenly meaning as the bolt returned to the home position it would be going against the still expanding gas. Just a theory...

@MunkyMo have you got any pictures of the 12.65" Noveske rail installed?

I'm looking into getting a skirmishable GBBR and the KJW is the only real option. However I'll turn it into an Noveske N4 also makes me glad the lowers have no trades even if I'll have to make an MUR Upper with time, patience and modelling putty :lol:

Does the stuttering occur only when the mags are freshly filled with gas? Could be liquid propellant getting into the bolt cup and expanding too quickly or unevenly meaning as the bolt returned to the home position it would be going against the still expanding gas. Just a theory...

Yes, it only happens when I top off the mags with gas. But does not bother me at all as I'm firing 2-3 round bursts anyways.

Anything new regarding your improved detent for the buffer? Available yet?

Its done and tested. After many many rounds the lower shows no signs of wear in this area. Then again, Ive never had an issue with breaking either. In either case, I believe the fix to be a solution to prevent breaking in guns that currently show no signs of wear. They will be available along with TB barrels soon. Site is a pain....

Quick question. Any one know what size allen key fits the stock flash hider? All my UK sets seem too small/big..

All the allen screws on the KJ are in Metric sizing. You would have to get a set in metric not Imperial. In any case, the screw in question is a 1.5mm

For reference, my Dboys Emod stock fits nicely with just a slight wobble but not noticable during games.

that's what I wanted to hear! My plan is to build a Noveske N4 I know that the Element Tago Down grip will fit the the KJW screw, waiting to hear if LunkyMo got the Noveske RIS to fit, and a stock, I'll just have to mod the Upper to look like an MUR unless I can find a machinist in the UK to build one :lol:

Just gotta wait 'til the parts come back in stock.

It seems that a USMC version will be released in Japan by end of January, limited to 150 units.

http://www.hzbros.jp/product_info.php/products_id/21815

While I am still VERY interested in this platform, financial constraints currently prevent me from owning one right now.

EDIT: there also seems to be an aluminum magazine to be released at the same time. But pictures show the the same Thermold magazine so it's a mystery right now.

Edited by norman3312