• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Parts list please.

Also, are you using the original outer barrel?

Thanks

Parts list for that rifle looks like the following:

- Magpul MOE Stock in FDE

- Magpul MOE grip in FDE

- Magpul MOE/non-MOE (can't tell) trigger guard

- Replica/Real DD RISII 9.5" in Tan/FDE

- Magpul AFG in FDE

- Magpul MBUS front/rear in FDE

Yes, I'm using the original outer barrel.

Components:

KJW M4A1

SOCOM Gear DD MK18 RIS II (FDE)

5KU DD Low Profile Gas Block

Magpul Milspec MOE Buttstock (FDE)

Magpul MBUS Set (FDE)

Magpul MOE Grip (FDE)

Magpul MOE Trigger Guard (FDE)

Magpul AFG (FDE)

-Piano

Edited by PianoBlack

Components:

KJW M4A1

Magpul MBUS Set (FDE)

Magpul MOE Grip (FDE)

Magpul AFG (FDE)

-Piano

Do you mind if we get a closer look at how the gas block looks on the rifle?

I'm really interested in a very similar look. Sorry for any inconveinience

Brooklyn-

New picture with G&P Aimpoint low mount. If I stay with this optics, I'll probably get a King Arms or VFC Larue mount clone.

FDEMPDKJWM4A1.jpg

Front-on Picture:

GasBlock1.jpg

Side Close-up Picture:

GasBlock2.jpg

Bottom Close-up Picture:

GasBlock3.jpg

Without a gas tube, the gas block isn't indexed properly, but it'll do for now.

-Piano

Sorry, I'm out of town on business for a short period. I had zero issues getting the Rail kit to fit. I removed the front sight post, and left the gas tube out, but it fits on just fine.

I found the easiest way to mount it was to tighten the friction lock down some, but not all the way, then slip the rail kit on and turn to tighten, which should carry the friction lock with it and align your top rails.

Turn to tightness, then put in the screws to set everything in place.

It looks quite good to my eyes, there is a small portion of the outer barrel still showing, approx 1-1.5 inches from the rear of the flash hider to the beginning of the rail kit.

An interesting side effect of the rail kit is an audible metal "twang" sound to be heard with it each shot.

I'll be adding noveske MBUS and a Noveske flash suppressor soon as well.

Components:

KJW M4A1

Magpul MBUS Set (FDE)

Magpul MOE Grip (FDE)

Magpul AFG (FDE)

-Piano

How sturdy is the Low Profile Gas Block in holding together the original outer barrel?

Thanks.

How sturdy is the Low Profile Gas Block in holding together the original outer barrel?

Thanks.

Since I haven't tightened down the screw all the way as I'm still waiting on a gas tube (You will need an AEG gas tube to use the 5KU gas block), it suffices as the compensator sleeve (B2) does most of the work holding the outer barrel sleeve (B4) onto the outer barrel (B6). At the rear of the outer barrel sleeve (B4) there is a threaded hole where a grub screw could be installed in order to tighten up the outer barrel sleeve (B4), but no grub screw was included with my KJW.

-Piano

The front sight assembly base screw (B12) fits the hole in the outer barrel sleeve (B4) so if you swapped out the stock flash hider for something else and still have it laying around, you can use its grub screw to help secure the outer barrel sleeve, though there really is no need as the flash hider does that job fine.

-Piano

I was experimenting yesterday and I was a little disappointed with the results.

I am considering putting some Pmag shells on my PTW mags, so I tried inserting a Pmag into my PTW. It fit perfectly. So I say to my self, "Why not try the KJWM4 while your at it?". It does NOT fit.

Has anyone else tried this with the same results?

I was experimenting yesterday and I was a little disappointed with the results.

I am considering putting some Pmag shells on my PTW mags, so I tried inserting a Pmag into my PTW. It fit perfectly. So I say to my self, "Why not try the KJWM4 while your at it?". It does NOT fit.

Has anyone else tried this with the same results?

I think it's important to note HOW it doesn't fit here. If it's too tall, then there's no problems (chop the top when fititng the new internals), but if the mag is too long/wide then it's a bit worse; nothing that can't be solved with some sandpaper or a dremel, mind.

I think it's important to note HOW it doesn't fit here. If it's too tall, then there's no problems (chop the top when fititng the new internals), but if the mag is too long/wide then it's a bit worse; nothing that can't be solved with some sandpaper or a dremel, mind.

I undertsand about the mag being too tall, so I installed it with the receiver open.

The markings left behind on the mag indicate that it is very tight by the spine of the mag.

My concern is that if I start sanding and dremeling will the KJW mags become too loose?

This is all looking far into the future for the release of T-hum's new mags.

I have a pmag that fits it my gun. Its had the top cut and the slot for valve components milled out.

It didnt fit at first. If you look inside the magwell you will see a flash line left from the casting process. It catches parts of the mag. If you look at your KJW mag you will likely see marks from where the stock mag rubs as well. I got out some emery cloth and a small square file and took down the high spots.

Also note that the valve knocker will not completely recess in its hole and rubs on the back of the mag. It is probably the single largest contributor to really tight fits.

My stock KJW mag always was really wobbly. The pmag fits like an absolute dream. No wiggle. No wobble. And drops free by gravity power. These cast lower receivers are going to vary from batch to batch so mileage may vary.

Raven1 fit a RS pmag in his gun no problem with the upper off. I think Dahm had the same results I did.

Edited by t_hum
I have a pmag that fits it my gun. Its had the top cut and the slot for valve components milled out.

It didnt fit at first. If you look inside the magwell you will see a flash line left from the casting process. It catches parts of the mag. If you look at your KJW mag you will likely see marks from where the stock mag rubs as well. I got out some emery cloth and a small square file and took down the high spots.

Also note that the valve knocker will not completely recess in its hole and rubs on the back of the mag. It is probably the single largest contributor to really tight fits.

My stock KJW mag always was really wobbly. The pmag fits like an absolute dream. No wiggle. No wobble. And drops free by gravity power. These cast lower receivers are going to vary from batch to batch so mileage may vary.

Raven1 fit a RS pmag in his gun no problem with the upper off. I think Dahm had the same results I did.

Correct!

RS P-Mags Fit Great, Once the cast line is filed down slightly. Just barely remove material in tiny increments at a time! I have 12 RS P-Mags and they all fit great!

Just to confirm, these are RS Pmags, not airsoft Pmags. Correct? Thanks.

ETA: I'll try fitting my airsoft Pmag and post pics if succesful.

Yes indeed this is a RS Pmag.

I tried filing my magwell for about half an hour. The Pmag fits a littlle better but is still not perfect. Now the KJW mags are real loose.