• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Ive been meaning to do a mag update for a while.

They are still under development. We came across a few great ideas along the way and so we are doing some redesign to accomodate those innovations. I dont have a release date in mind at this point. There are just too many variables to consider and I don't want people to delay in making full use of their rifles.

So Id say go ahead and buy those mags.

The website and new videos and all that stuff is being worked on. I do all of that stuff myself as well as prototyping new ideas and fabricating most of what is made for sale. Add in my "real" job, a double major, and family and I get strapped for time ocassionaly. This month has been one of those times.

I really appreciate all the support you guys give. Thanks.

Ive been meaning to do a mag update for a while.

They are still under development. We came across a few great ideas along the way and so we are doing some redesign to accomodate those innovations. I dont have a release date in mind at this point. There are just too many variables to consider and I don't want people to delay in making full use of their rifles.

So Id say go ahead and buy those mags.

The website and new videos and all that stuff is being worked on. I do all of that stuff myself as well as prototyping new ideas and fabricating most of what is made for sale. Add in my "real" job, a double major, and family and I get strapped for time ocassionaly. This month has been one of those times.

I really appreciate all the support you guys give. Thanks.

You can keep telling me not to wait as many times as you want Travis, I'm still waiting :P

I haven't shot a WE so I cant compare to that but I have shot an AGM a bunch. It definately "kicks" (I think all GBBRs vibrate more than kick) less than the AGM. I feel though that the recoil is much crisper and more refined. Its percussive. A snap instead of a cachunk.

No GBBR is going to knock your aim off substantially. Slightly more than an AEG maybe, but certainly nothing compared to a real .223. Think somewhere between an air rifle and .22.

If you want arm destroying recoil dont get a KJW. If you want a snappy rifle that is going to last instead of give you a headache, get the KJW.

Edited by t_hum
After reading all 70 pages in this thread (Wow. what a read) I need to know:

-How is the kick on the KJW compared to the WE, WA, WOC, and small calibre rifles? Will it knock off my aim? Does it push against your shoulder hard?

-What threading is the flash hider?

I have in my collection almost all gbb platforms (WE M4, WE M16, WE SCAR, WA M4 patriot, WA M4 cqb, GHK AK74, KJ M4. About Recoil the best from top to bottom is:

WA = WE CO2

WE green gas

KJ = GHK

I like KJ for reliability and accurasy (WE is the less accurate, horrible hop-up)

I like WA for the tons of aftermarket parts available and recoil

I like WE for recoil (with CO2) at low price.

I don't like GHK!

I was giving this some thought, but surely putting a much tougher spring would increase the recoil substantially, if not increase wear and gas consumption per shot?

This is true. The stock spring and buffer that came with serialized guns was much weaker than the upgrade parts KJW sent later. Recoil went up a lot. Im sure a stiffer spring or buffer could be incorporated but Im sure efficiency and wear could quickly become a problem.

no definitely was AEG uppers, possibly in the news thread that was revived earlier hmm

AEG Uppers don't have the threading for the brass buffer, so no. Also, I don't think KJW's upper has the same threads as a normal buffer tube, I think it has a smaller diameter, so I can't see this working out.

this is probably going to sound retarded but I thought I remember seeing somewhere that AEG uppers were compatible? Or should I crawl back into a hole and hide for a few weeks? :lol:

No AEG uppers will not work with the KJW GBBR.

The upper lacks the take down pin block (the pin block you need in the back to lock the upper down to the lower at the rear), also the KJW has a proprietary attachment point for the hop up assembly in the front of the upper. The BCG assembly will slam into the lower portion of the front attachment point (Where the outer barrel is fastened to the upper by the barrel but) of the upper. So there is no possible way for an AEG upper to work on the KJW platform.

@wdahm519

The threading for the buffer tube resides on the lower receiver assembly,,,

No AEG uppers will not work with the KJW GBBR.

The upper lacks the take down pin block (the pin block you need in the back to lock the upper down to the lower at the rear), also the KJW has a proprietary attachment point for the hop up assembly in the front of the upper. The BCG assembly will slam into the lower portion of the front attachment point (Where the outer barrel is fastened to the upper by the barrel but) of the upper. So there is no possible way for an AEG upper to work on the KJW platform.

@wdahm519

The threading for the buffer tube resides on the lower receiver assembly,,,

Oh man, I must have totally misread that post then. My bad!

Anyone know if the flash hider threading is 14mm CW or CCW?

Also, I thought the KJW had a separate tube inside the actual buffer, that have it the smaller diameter. Couldn't that smaller tube be slipped into an AEG upper? Anyone wanna try it?

It is a 14mm CCW thread. The flash hider is secured by a 1.5mm hex key. When you loosen that the flash hider will come off revealing a brass sleeve that fits over the threading, unscrew that and you're good to go.

post-25877-1265991446_thumb.jpg

Magpul PTS MIAD Grip - OD

Magpul XT Texture/Ladder Rail Cover - OD

G&P Aimpoint

LaRue Cantilever mount (copy)

Magpul PTS CTR Stock - OD

Noveski back up sight

Troy Pro Grade Reciever Sling Adapter

G&P Rail

Eotech 3X Magnifier with FTS Mount (copy)

All fitted with no adjustments necessary apart from slight filing required to metal arm bit that attaches the rail to the silver pipe. Also had to add tiny resin filler in to the MIAD grip internals to stop the selector spring that presses down from upper into grip (there's a space on the magpul grips where its blocked up on the kj ones) looking forward to fitting all T hums new parts for the internals. Although i'm starting to worry a bit as its getting heavy and i'm only a pretend soldier! Once i order the 8 additional mags i expect i may have to get a friend to help me carry it ;) Any one had experience lugging 8 mags about with a pimped up kjw? I imagine it's a right old workout.

Awsome list wotty! I love the look, it looks a lot like my real steel. As for the last question, yes. Pimped out KJW and 8 mags is my loadout, and yes, it is a workout.

post-25877-1265991446_thumb.jpg

Magpul PTS MIAD Grip - OD

Magpul XT Texture/Ladder Rail Cover - OD

G&P Aimpoint

LaRue Cantilever mount (copy)

Magpul PTS CTR Stock - OD

Noveski back up sight

Troy Pro Grade Reciever Sling Adapter

G&P Rail

Eotech 3X Magnifier with FTS Mount (copy)

All fitted with no adjustments necessary apart from slight filing required to metal arm bit that attaches the rail to the silver pipe. Also had to add tiny resin filler in to the MIAD grip internals to stop the selector spring that presses down from upper into grip (there's a space on the magpul grips where its blocked up on the kj ones) looking forward to fitting all T hums new parts for the internals. Although i'm starting to worry a bit as its getting heavy and i'm only a pretend soldier! Once i order the 8 additional mags i expect i may have to get a friend to help me carry it ;) Any one had experience lugging 8 mags about with a pimped up kjw? I imagine it's a right old workout.