• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I ordered my KJW from ehobbyasia saturday. I don't have the $240 for mags yet. I'm trying to sell ###### before my next paycheck otherwise it's 2 weeks until paycheck then another week til it ships to me. At least I'll be able to use it at DDay.

I would contact Airsplat before deciding to order any magazines just to make sure. When I called them last week they had 10 and I had ordered 4. Keystone Airsoft will be willing to search them out but his shipping is borderline gouging.

I thought I'd share my latest build with you all:

26dd8725.jpg

4c457b1b.jpg

Kit list:

- KJW M4 Gas Blowback Rifle

- Daniel Defense Omega X 12.0 FSP Rail

- Magpul MOE Stock

- Magpul MBUS Rear BUIS

- PRI Combat Big Latch

- Magpul MIAD Full Kit

- Replica Tangodown QD VFG

- EOTech 511.A65/1

- Magpul XTM Rail Covers (FG, FDE, OD)

- Daniel Defense Ladder Covers (Black)

I need your guys help, I have one of these KJW rifles and its freakin awesome! I've been having some problems with my accuracy and range though. I use propane and .25g bb's and my shots go out about 50 feet and then drop or fly all crazy tweaking of the hop up has zero noticeable effect. Im going to take my gun apart today and try to heat shrink tubing trick listed earlier to see if that helps. I love this gun but it makes me sad hearing everyone else talk about how good theirs performs, when I at this point will never field the gun because my AEG has better accuracy and range by far. Any tips you guys who also own the gun can give me, please let me know!

Sounds like your hop up is just mis-seated. As you probably well know, the barrel acts as the hop up chamber, and there is not separate chamber other than that. Take out your outer barrel and inspect that hop up unit. Heat shrink tube it, and make sure you put it back properly. If you have any problems post back.

That's looking sweet ! :) Makes me want to get an eotech sight. Is it a real one?

Yup, everything is real steel except my TD foregrip. Funny thing is those $15 replica QD TD grips work just as well as the their $80 realsteel counterparts. I use them on my AR15 as well.

I'm glad you like it!

post-25877-1265991446_thumb.jpg

Magpul PTS MIAD Grip - OD

Magpul XT Texture/Ladder Rail Cover - OD

G&P Aimpoint

LaRue Cantilever mount (copy)

Magpul PTS CTR Stock - OD

Noveski back up sight

Troy Pro Grade Reciever Sling Adapter

G&P Rail

Eotech 3X Magnifier with FTS Mount (copy)

All fitted with no adjustments necessary apart from slight filing required to metal arm bit that attaches the rail to the silver pipe. Also had to add tiny resin filler in to the MIAD grip internals to stop the selector spring that presses down from upper into grip (there's a space on the magpul grips where its blocked up on the kj ones) looking forward to fitting all T hums new parts for the internals. Although i'm starting to worry a bit as its getting heavy and i'm only a pretend soldier! Once i order the 8 additional mags i expect i may have to get a friend to help me carry it ;) Any one had experience lugging 8 mags about with a pimped up kjw? I imagine it's a right old workout.

awesome set up dude!..love the hand guard...i want one of those...lol....

in case you hadn't noticed, most RS pricing is a joke, $10 replcia grips will work just as well as $100 TD grips, $2 ACM XTM's will work jsut as well as MagPul ones, same goes for rails, stocks, and anything not sights related or receivers and barrels. And even then some replica sights are fine on a 5.56 rifle.

I just got done playing with my hop up. I put two layers of heat shrink wrap on the hop up arm like done earlier in this thread. My accuracy increased, the bbs fly pretty straight now with more range before they drop, unfortunately there still is no "hop" even with it turned as high as it can go. Does anyone who have this gun have that nice "float" you can get with an AEG hopup, i want that!

Considering the number of airsoft gear that I've seen broken - esp. Foregrips, I'd say there is some RS stuff worth investing in.

Really? I've never seen a broken foregrip, in 7 years lol in fact the only major damage to airsoft guns I've seen has been from people using them as demolitions tools. That and known faults, like Mauri plastic M4 bodies

@Steve

safe and clear the gun then if you have a laser or a strong torch, shine it down the barrel and adjust the hop, if you can't see the hop rubber moving at all, then you'll want to look at the position of the arm, make sure that the hop adjustment is engaged properly, if it all seems to be right, then try using higher grade BB's see if that makes a difference.

Right, reading through this thread has taken me 2 days, but I'm sold. I'm headed off to the shops later today to look for a KJW M4 (fingers crossed they'll have them in stock even though most websites still say OOS) :)

And I will likely be buying things from cradleairsoft!

Edited by sirrith
Right, reading through this thread has taken me 2 days, but I'm sold. I'm headed off to the shops later today to look for a KJW M4 (fingers crossed they'll have them in stock even though most websites still say OOS) :)

And I will likely be buying things from cradleairsoft!

hello...well, let me tell you this...3 friends of mine and i, ordered this amaizing gun each one of us on february 9, february 12 and february 16 at UNCOMPANY.COM...As you might know, since you are in China, from february 12 through february 16, a lot of companies if not all were on holidays...yesterday i received a call from my online shoppings center saying that the three replicas were already shipped on february 16 Via FEDEX so they are going to be in Miami on february 21-2010...and here in Panama on february 24-2010....and they still have in stock...289.00...so thats a good site to buy yours!!!!!! :P

Edited by slipknot1971

I figured I'd post another in-game performance update for the KJ in cold weather:

My KJW had great performance today in the cold again. It was right around freezing today, and my KJ suffered no problems at all. I went through about 5 mags in total (it only takes one to get him out guys!) and the bolt locked back every time, pretty consistent FPS with t_hum's velocity adjuster and o-ring piston (dialed in at 400), and no jams at all!

I'm really glad this gun performance is so superior in even in the winter, as up here in Michigan, it can get quite cold for a pretty long period of time (late November to early April).

hello...well, let me tell you this...3 friends of mine and i, ordered this amaizing gun each one of us on february 9, february 12 and february 16 at UNCOMPANY.COM...As you might know, since you are in China, from february 12 through february 16, a lot of companies if not all were on holidays...yesterday i received a call from my online shoppings center saying that the three replicas were already shipped on february 16 Via FEDEX so they are going to be in Miami on february 21-2010...and here in Panama on february 24-2010....and they still have in stock...289.00...so thats a good site to buy yours!!!!!! :P

Thanks, but I don't go to UNco, I don't know where they are! :P I got mine from a small shop in the middle of all the other more well known ones, came to $288 with a spare mag, and 2 bottles of gas!

Have a skirmish today, but won't be using it due to only having 2 mags :(

Will update asap on performance etc...