• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I'm waiting for the extension vid 'cause i doesn't really see inside the bolt carrier any counterweight, it's all hollow inside it....and in another thing regarding the exploded diagram of the parts in the instruction manual, i ask about the cilinder number part 'cause i can't be sure what number is...is it part #15 ????

always a friend from a far land

J.

Edited by slipknot1971

Ive noticed on a few KJWs lately that the bolt carriers are missing counterweights. I have no idea why they decided to ditch them other than perhaps they wanted to boost the ROF. Either way, it makes installing the extension just one step shorter.

Im doing a full parts upgrade for a local player tomorrow so expect to see the carrier video up by the end of the week.

Edited by t_hum

I was just about to order two KJ M4A1 (one for me, one for a friend) and noticed that it's out of stock at eHobbyAsia. You guys know a good alternative that ships to Finland/Europe with a decent price AND has the gun in stock?

Am I right that you can fit just about any AEG outer barrel with some small modifications to KJ M4?

For example with this kind of a barrel?

Has anyone taken pictures (or otherwise documented the process) of the modifications needed to fit an AEG outer barrel to KJW M4? Would be interesting to know what kind of tools are known to do the job properly (are enough) and what kind of precision is needed? We're aiming for a proper C8 SFW variant, so that type of an outer barrel would be a proper one.

I was just about to order two KJ M4A1 (one for me, one for a friend) and noticed that it's out of stock at eHobbyAsia. You guys know a good alternative that ships to Finland/Europe with a decent price AND has the gun in stock?

Am I right that you can fit just about any AEG outer barrel with some small modifications to KJ M4?

For example with this kind of a barrel?

Hey lupus..wassup....have you tryed www.uncompany.com i bought 3 there in february and they ship really fast!

here's the link

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25261 :lol:

@ Raven1 thanks man... i appreciate it... just one thing, i think my gun is suffering from that infamous hop-up issue. all my bbs drop off at the same distance no matter how i turn the dial...

Update:

looks like it was a false alarm i started messing with it soon after posting this and the hop up is just fine. but im definately gonna wanna get that tightbore upgrade.

Edited by senators2904
That barrel can most likely be modified. I wouldnt call the modifications "small" per se but they are doable if you consider yourself to be mechanically inclined.

What kind of threading does the shorter part of the KJW barrel have? If it's negative, than the L119A1 extension would fit right on - no mods needed.

Somewhere I've gotten the funny feeling it is not...?

To clarify a few things about the barrels that come stock...

Lupus: There really is no "shorter part" of these barrels. The barrel is full length but the last 3 or so inches is simply a sleeve that fits over the barrel for cosmetic reason. So, in essence, the outer barrel has an outer barrel. Its kind of weird but it makes taking off the front sight post really easy.

Speed: Absolutely easier to buy the length you want and then modify it. If you cut down the stock barrel you have to have much more serious tools to do the job right. Even a guy like me that has all the tools would choose to convert an AEG outer because there is less work and less risk. On top of that the KJW barrels are really thin in the area underneath the handguard so depending on how short you went things like front sight blocks, etc wouldnt fit.

Sandstorm: Its more complicated that removing a few tabs. It involves cutting the chamber the hop up sits in deeper and then cut a slot in the bottom part of the barrel to allow the bb feed arm to enter into when the bolt comes forward. It can be done with a drill (even a hand held drill), the proper bit, and a dremel and some jewelers files. I think its riskier doing it with hand tools and wouldn't do it that way myself if I could avoid it.

hey guys..

I lost my eyes reading this.. been here for about 5h now and I just can't see anything any more.. so many info's about it that I'm just too damn confused :(

the thing is that I got my kjw m4 and I'm really satisfied with it.

another thing is that I would like to make it more accurate. So I need an inner precise barrel right? any suggestions? (cheaper the better :)) and whats with this "winter" part something? Does that help kjw m4 not to let gas out, all of it from the magazine when the temperature is too low?

sorry for newby questions, but I'm really new in this GAS guns and this thread helped me a lot.. but I'm too damn confused with all of this info here :(

please help

I'm gonna take it to a skirmish before judging its accuracy and whether or not it needs a tb, but you can order one from t_hum, just shoot him a pm.

Regarding the winter part, yes I'd think it would do that, being lighter and all.

and welcome to the club and arnies! :D

• Like 1