• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Ordered 3 mags from Redwolf airsoft Friday Morning and they were at my door by Sunday at Noon!

Hope some of you guys looking for them got a couple.

Question:

How long do you guys take to fill the magazines? I can sometimes count to 30 or 40 and they still don't seem to be full? I have never got "spitting" like I do with pistol mags. IS this because I am using HFC or do I just need to fill them longer?

On propane I notice a drop in hissing noise within 7-10 seconds. That time gets longer as my bottle gets closer to empty. Are you using a full bottle? Another consideration may be the comparative volumes of the two containers. If the mag reservoir is close in size to the bottle you are filling from it could take longer. Maybe try using a larger can of HFC.

Got my Cradle Airsoft parts in last week and installed them. Right now, everything seems to be working like a dream. All i have to get now is a new rubber band as mine snapped when I used a magazine with a sticky valve.

Also, I wanted to ask some opinions. I know gas (especially gbb) is not the ideal platform for a DMR, but I was thinking of trying to buy another rifle and having some sort of 24 inch front set put on it. Adding with it an appropriate tightbore, do you think the rifle could be used as a DMR? Or is it just too inconsistant. I have not done too many tests on my rifle now so I couldnt compare just yet.

Also, I wanted to ask some opinions. I know gas (especially gbb) is not the ideal platform for a DMR, but I was thinking of trying to buy another rifle and having some sort of 24 inch front set put on it. Adding with it an appropriate tightbore, do you think the rifle could be used as a DMR? Or is it just too inconsistant. I have not done too many tests on my rifle now so I couldnt compare just yet.

Seconded. I'd love to have gas semi-auto sniper and am wary of buying the WE M14, when it comes out, due to WE's shoddy first-run track record. Is the hop and FPS consistent enough at higher powers?

Edited by GaMeFrEAK1018

@ Kai Wolf

Actually the reason why I turned to using the KJW from the beginning was due to the fact that the guys who referred me to this gun Are Using it as a DMR.

A Longer Tight Bore Barrel Adds Accuracy And FPS. Fully satisfied with the ruggedness and reliability of this platform I will be building another Upper with 20" outer / Inner barrel to swap out onto my lower to quickly move to the DMR Role when needed.

I have just been having so much fun with this SBR configuration I have yet to bother with building the DMR Upper.

When I do you can be sure I will post the range reports,,,

@ Kai Wolf

Actually the reason why I turned to using the KJW from the beginning was due to the fact that the guys who referred me to this gun Are Using it as a DMR.

A Longer Tight Bore Barrel Adds Accuracy And FPS. Fully satisfied with the ruggedness and reliability of this platform I will be building another Upper with 20" outer / Inner barrel to swap out onto my lower to quickly move to the DMR Role when needed.

I have just been having so much fun with this SBR configuration I have yet to bother with building the DMR Upper.

That is very reassuring. Even with the stock barrel (for how short it is), I was impressed with the level of consistancy it provided when compared to my experiences with other GBB rifle platforms Ive tried. If at all possible, I hope a Semi Only lower could be made, along with some sort of long bull barrel, like a 20 or 24 inch, and a short mag of some kind. Raven, the people who mentioned who are using the KJ as a DMR, what kind of range are they getting?

Edited by Kai_Wolf

Been having fun today in the shop making a custom part for my gun. Perhaps in the future Ill offer it for sale if it works as intended. Basically its a one piece carrier/extension/piston. The whole thing is machined from a single piece of billet. Should be pretty cool.

Been awhile since I remembered good 'ol Ducktales. One of the biggest hurdles in making this part is that the piston isn't exactly cocentric with the carrier which means I have to machine the piston portion eccentrically. Its a nightmare to get it chucked up right. Time for a four jaw...

Been having fun today in the shop making a custom part for my gun. Perhaps in the future Ill offer it for sale if it works as intended. Basically its a one piece carrier/extension/piston. The whole thing is machined from a single piece of billet. Should be pretty cool.

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...let us behold that!!!!!! :o

@ Kai Wolf

What about the selector going only semi auto? I was thinking of just gluing something to the receiver so that the selector couldn't go to full auto. But I really like the idea of DMR on this platform.

@ Kai Wolf

If you're talkin specifically for 'Looks' a Bull Barrel Outer Barrel would be kewl but not needed. A 18" tight bore inner barrel is optimum barrel length when using Propane. The best set up would be to stay with the 'Standard Stanag' size magazine as the gas reservoir is larger and will retain gas / pressure consistency longer than say the smaller reservoir in a 20 round magazine.

The main thing to keep in mind when optimizing your KJW for Excellent Shot To Shot Consistency is,,,

1: Make Positive your Hop Up 'Halves' are assembled Correctly & Evenly & Do NOT Move When The Brass retaining Sleeve Is Installed!

2: Make Positive Your Hop Up Bucking Is Seated & Aligned Properly to the inner Barrel!

3: Inner barrel - Just In Front Of the Hop Up Assembly - Where Inner Barrel Contacts Inside Diameter of OUTER Barrel. Apply 1/2" Wide Teflon Tape so it will be a SNUG Fit. It's Ok If It Is Slightly Too Tight The Teflon Will Compress Around The Inner Barrel and Still Slide Into The Outer Barrel.

4: Inner Barrel - At the very END of Barrel - The 'Business' End - Wrap 1/2" wide Teflon Tape There As Well - Again Apply Enough Tape So As The Barrel Barely Slides In - The Tape Will Compress & Slide In

5: In Short - Recapping Steps 3 - 4 / Secure the Inner Barrel For ZERO Movement.

6: FACT!! On the KJW as on Real Steel AR a Free Floating Barrel Setup Will Yield The Most Consistent Shots. I Use the G&P Defender Rail Set, Works Extremely Well. Essentially ANY front rail that does NOT contact the outer barrel and is held ONLY By The 'Barrel Nut' Reigns Supreme!!

Specific range was not mentioned, How Ever I have set mine to 4 MOA @ 75yards / 68.58 meters (That would be consistent hits on an 8" circle at 75 yards) t_hum and I sighted the gun in at the warehouse at 50 yards and both he and I were hitting a door handle at 50 yards with ease. And that was with the stock KJW barrel before installing the Mad Bull tight bore.

Specifically for 'Small Unit' deployment the DMR is set up specifically so the Sniper doesn't stand out from the rest of the unit. Which is why the S.A.S.S. program came into being and because the use of the DMR has been wildly successful. Fun Fact: The AR platform came to life with the 7.62 caliber, it wasn't until after it was rejected that the rifle was 'Scaled Down' to the intermediate 5.56 projectile.

@ Bastel

These are 30 round magazines, I typically load mine up to the end of the loader tube which is 33 BBs. Some have reported getting 38 into the gun,,,

@Speed

You would be better off using good 'trigger and selector' discipline until an after market selector is being made. Rather than modifying what you have now, I would advise against adding foreign material into the lower receiver assembly as if it were to come loose it will definitely play hell on the fire controls,,,

Hm, I was hoping to use a second KJW as a DMR without a velocity reducer so it could chrono higher, but if I did that I'd have to permanently make it fire semi only.

Also, I'm looking around for a pouch that I can use to keep a can of propane in for longer games. I was thinking a big canteen pouch or medic pouch.

Any ideas guys?

@Speed

I won't clutter the thread further, how ever PM Sent about custom pouche(s) that I use.

The selector is the same as RS except for where the orientation of where the detent pin stops is off by about 33 degrees.

I have personally fitted a RS Full Auto AMBI Selector into my KJW, but once installed I noticed that it would NOT stay in place due to the detent pin NOT Being able to engage and stay engaged into the selector. I suppose if one Really Wanted to,,, Could Per Se grab the appropriate 1/4" drill bit. Machine out a detent in the correct orientation on a Safety so that there would be No Possible Way full auto could be engaged as there is all solid metal there being a Safety and NOT A Selector,,,I'm Just Sayin,,,,

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=748290

@suicidalsnowman

May I be the 1st to say Welcome to the club! You'll see the more time you have with the gun the more this platform will impress you.

I did not complete any side by side testing between a 'base' gun and my gun in its current configuration. I did note the accuracy of my KJW M4 while it was still in the base configuration and the accuracy @ 25 yards or CQB Distances were very good. I noted these in all of my early Range Reports,,,rather first 3 reports. I did notice that the shot to shot consistency improved when I went to the free float barrel. The accuracy stayed the same, but the incidents of having a random BB fly off had stopped unless there was oil on the hop up. The groups went from 6 inches in a random pattern to 2 - 3" groups that when overlayed on top of each other kind of looked like a cross.

Once the tight bore was installed FPS increased and that shot group extended from CQB distances to 50 - 65 yards with a 6 - 8" shot 'egg' shaped shot group.

I have also noticed that snap shots / double taps are very consistent as well. Last weekend end I had a kill at 65 yards where I hit the guy center mass with a double tap. Not really a big deal as most if not all of us can do that but I happened to do it in a full run and in full view of 2 team mates who confirmed the incident. Who both later mentioned how flat the gun shot at that distance.

But as stated I have NOT completed any side by side testing.

Edited by Raven1

Raven, just out of curiosity, a 24 inch barrel with corresponding tight bore will not yield better results than an 18 inch? If so, why is that? I thought with a gas gun, the longer the better? Or does this have to do with pressure dying down by the time the bb leaves the barrel? Thanks again!