@ Kai Wolf

Yes, but more than that, the seal of the bolt to the hop up is also a factor. Being an M4 platform this doesn't have the tight seal of say your bolt action gas rifle. These higher end rifles are powerful and efficient than the M4 variants.

But we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves, the KJW M4 is just that,,, an M4 platform. But with a few optimizations this platform can keep tight shot groups out further than any of its peers. Easily slipping into the role of DMR,,,

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Specific range was not mentioned, How Ever I have set mine to 4 MOA @ 75yards / 68.58 meters (That would be consistent hits on an 8" circle at 75 yards) t_hum and I sighted the gun in at the warehouse at 50 yards and both he and I were hitting a door handle at 50 yards with ease. And that was with the stock KJW barrel before installing the Mad Bull tight bore.

I want THAT. Whats your part list? I am looking to buy a KJW now, I've researched WEs, WA/WOCs & AGMs.. I want a KJW now. :)

What was the FPS in that test setup?

What is the rate of fire (@ 400~FPS)? RS M4s are around 750-900 BB/min. The videos I have seen show the KJW needing several seconds to unload a magazine.

Does the KJW have standard TM/CA/etc receiver threads? I want to mount this. Will it work?

Will an ACM UBR stock fit (comes with its own buffer-tube)?

Has anyone been able to tune it for more recoil? After reliability and accuracy, I'm looking for realistic recoil. I realize airsoft GBBRs will have limitations, but does the velocity reducer from Cradle Airsoft serve as an NPAS? -- decreasing FPS but increasing recoil? If not, has anyone been able to increase the recoil without demolishing reliability?

Edited by The_AUGfather
ok, the UBR stock will fit, but ONLY on the existing stock tube, you can't use the buffer tube supplied, you may have to teflon tape it for a good fit, yes that noveske rail will work, I assume its the madbull?

And I happen to love AUGs too :lol:

Thanks for the speedy reply! Good to know, so I can save my favorite stock! :)

The link'd "Noveske" 10" was an ACM from t-tiger of ASF. Madbull clone I suspect.

If all goes well, my AUG will be my backup and only other weapon :)

I want THAT. Whats your part list? I am looking to buy a KJW now, I've researched WEs, WA/WOCs & AGMs.. I want a KJW now. :)

What is the rate of fire (@ 400~FPS)? RS M4s are around 750-900 BB/min. The videos I have seen show the KJW needing several seconds to unload a magazine.

Does the KJW have standard TM/CA/etc receiver threads? I want to mount this. Will it work?

Has anyone been able to tune it for more recoil? After reliability and accuracy, I'm looking for realistic recoil. I realize airsoft GBBRs will have limitations, but does the velocity reducer from Cradle Airsoft serve as an NPAS? -- decreasing FPS but increasing recoil? If not, has anyone been able to increase the recoil without demolishing reliability?

Ill take a shot at answering your questions.

Raven1's gun was stock that day. IIRC it was shooting about 470 FPS.

ROF is about 13-15 RPS. The mags hold 30 rounds and you can empty one in just a few seconds.

KJW receivers accept AEG front ends. The threading is the same. The rail system you show should mount up using the stock parts.

As mentioned above the ACM UBR wont fit using the included buffer tube parts. Im not exactly sure on how to get this work properly without having seen one.

Recoil in the KJW functions independently of FPS or the NPAS. More recoil means moving more weight OR moving the existing weight more quickly. Your options are 1. Add more weight to the bolt carrier or 2. a higher flowing magazine valve which dont exist. So best option is to add more weight. Youre not going to get mind blowing recoil without serious modifications which are likely to significantly reduce the life of the gun. Id say leave it stock in that regard. I think youll have a much better experience and enjoy the beauty of KJW simplicity and durability.

Ill take a shot at answering your questions.

Thanks for the answers. Wow 150-225' range in STOCK form?

What are the results after using the Madbull barrel and hopup modifications?

What is the stock recoil similar to? I've fired a WA/WOC, as well as AR-15s and .22s

Where in the spectrum of recoil does it fit in?

AEG--- .22 -------WOC ---------------------- AR-15

I have no idea what the range was in stock form. Range is slightly subjective too because we all have different opinions of what we feel is effective range.

TB barrels increase FPS by 20-30 FPS and groupings improve noticeably.

Recoil is just slightly less than the AGM I used to have. The KJW is much snappier though and I actually much prefer it.

Edited by t_hum

A heads up to those who have recently received carrier extensions. Looks like some of the newer models are having tighter IDs on the bolt carriers. I'm guessing this is more of an issue in models where the weights haven't been pressed in. Tolerances on these parts are VERY tight so any variations or deviance from the several carriers used for prototyping (which did have pressed fitted wieghts) is going to give a tight to non-fit. If you are having issues getting you extension in email me or PM me and Ill get a replacement with a different diameter out to you ASAP. All pending and future orders will switch to this new spec part.

Sirrith, Ive got yours ready to go. Itll ship tomorrow.

Edited by t_hum

The threads on the TM/CA are Metric ,the KJ are imperial RS/PTW/Prime WA

I appreciate the offer. Ive already got the measurements I need.

Johnyew, yes, yours is done too.

hello T_, as my team and i happen to have the new model of tanios, perhaps you can help us with telling how can we, at the time of order the upgrades, receive the buffer extension for our bolt carrier group model and measurements, this is because im assuming that when you developed the actual extension the measures were from the serialized batch of tanios, right?

a friend from a far land

J. :)

I dont need any additional info. At this point Ive made adjustments to the size of the part and tested it in the carriers without weights. Just installed one this morning pretty easily.

I actually think the new part will fit weighted and non-weighted carriers. So no need to specify which you have.

I dont need any additional info. At this point Ive made adjustments to the size of the part and tested it in the carriers without weights. Just installed one this morning pretty easily.

I actually think the new part will fit weighted and non-weighted carriers. So no need to specify which you have.

Thanks!

Thank you Hector for letting me check out your KJW. I liked it soo much I purchased my own and had Travis do his magic. Thank you Travis for your skilled work and great parts. My M4 Fire Pig has exceeded my expectations in range, accuracy, and power. Time to tear up some folks with it!

firepig2.jpg

Thank you Hector for letting me check out your KJW. I liked it soo much I purchased my own and had Travis do his magic. Thank you Travis for your skilled work and great parts. My M4 Fire Pig has exceeded my expectations in range, accuracy, and power. Time to tear up some folks with it!

firepig2.jpg

NICE!!!! :gun: