The part fit my non weighted carrier, but required some serious hammering to get in. Maybe there is a difference in new carriers being made.

Put the extension in your freezer at least over night and then fit it on. It just might be enough to shrink it ever so slightly and not have to use the ol' hammer! :headbutt:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Quoting myself from page 75, post 1481: "It works by extending the length of the carrier so that the buffer transfers the load through the carrier and into the upper receiver instead of hitting the detent pin."

Detent pins sometimes break. This helps prevent that.

First off a big thank you to all who have contributed to this discussion and helping me spend even more money!

I've finally joined the club and now own a KJW M4 :D

After the ecstasy turned agony that was the WA/WE/G&P/INO M4, we now have a GBBR that doesn't require the owner to obtain sponsorship from Warren Buffett!!!

I could have ordered one some months back from HK but customs here is a real PITA so I had to wait until one of my local dealers got them in stock.

I won't bore you all with what you already know but i'm really impressed with the build quality of this gun. No rattles or other sounds that suggest the rifle's going to fall apart anytime soon. My stock has a small amount of play but nothing major. There are a few slight seam lines and weld spots but they make the gun look more 'real' IMHO. After a good clean and lube, I was getting 2" groups at 30ft and reading 450fps with Marui 0.20g's at 18 degrees (indoors). This was standing, offhand with iron sights and hop still factory set so i'm assuming this will improve from rest and with the hop bedded in.

Fortunately I have a very 'open minded' missus :rolleyes: . She actually likes playing with my guns as much as I do. The only problem is she's put more rounds down range with the rifle than I have.

Anyway, i don't want to single out anyone in particuler for praise but a big (manly) hug to T_hum and Raven1 for all your great afforts in educating us all about the gun and bringing out some great upgrades and fixes. Rest assured Cradle airsoft will be getting an email from me real soon!

Now I just have to decide whether to keep it old skool or go for the M6A2 look. That's after I get the gun back from my lady :angry:

Just one question - has anyone fitted a carbine length (360mm) TB and if so, what sort of fps/groupings were you getting?

Number 47

363mm 6.03 tightbore gives you a good 20-30 FPS boost. Groupings improve a considerable amount. Raven1 posted our results a while back as to just how much better they got. IIRC we were getting 2-3" groupings at approximately 75-80 feet from a supported position.

Edited by t_hum

@Bastel...believe me my friend...when i was like you some weeks ago, searching for all the info available about this amaizing gun to convince myself and some friends that it was what we should buy, i literally readed the then 60 pages in 2 days and believe me, that gives you control about the info regarding if it is or it is not in here to then ask good and important questions.

Obviously here are a lot of good guys that will help you out but is good to have the iniciative to search and discover...i'll help you with telling that..

1. regarding the extension you can see the answer T_hum posted in this very page at #1728.

2. the AEG inner barrels as they are wont fit...they need some cut modification, perhaps u can order an modified already TBB from T_hum's shop, based on the MADBULL BLACK PYTHON V2 TBB'S.

remmember... get in control of the knowledge and take ur time to read all the info here some day...it's realy helpfull...

A friend from a far land

J.

Edited by slipknot1971
I think its impossible to read over 80 pages... Maybe the review writer could add the important facts.

trust me, its far better to read through the entire thread, 80 pages is still do-able, unlike some monster 200+ page threads out there, and you'll learn a lot more about the gun than what one can summarise in one post.

Dude, you owe it to yourself to read through all 87 pages. That way you'll retain much more information. I've already read through it 3 times now.

As for the inner barrel, I have dremeled an AEG barrel to fit and it works fine. A bit rough around the edges but so long as it works.

Edited by johnyew

My Daniel Defense and Magpul kit came in a few days ago so I tried my hand at putting it together. I have never swapped a front end before, so I was pretty surprised when I was finished in about 15 minutes and everything seemed fine.

Thanks to PianoBlack for the tips and advice. I hope it isn't too exact a copy :)

KJW.jpg

Parts List

MAGPUL PTS MOE Polymer Trigger Guard for M4 GBB / PTW

MAGPUL PTS Back-Up Sight (MBUS) (Flat Dark Earth)

MAGPUL PTS CTR Stock for Marui M4/M16 (Dark Earth)

SOCOM GEAR MK18 9.5 DD SOPMOD II RIS II Handguard for M4 Series (BK)

MAGPUL AFG™ Angled Fore-Grip (Dark Earth)

MAGPUL Full Length XT Rail Panel (Dark Earth)

Not Pictured

MAGPUL M4/M16 PTS MOE Pistol Grip (Dark Earth) - Not yet attached, don't have a long enough Allen Wrench

5KU DD Low Profit Gas Block for WA M4 Series - didn't need it.

King Arms Gas Tube for M4 Series (Length: 220mm) - didn't install, but seems fine.

Really happy with it. All it needs now is the Tight Bore inner barrel and it's done.

Thanks again to everyone that is offering advise here on the forum.

They well may be suitable. Our first objective is to get the regular 30 round mags to market as they are in higher demand.

The reservoirs on our mags are larger than the KJW mags. I estimate theyll hold enough for 200-225 shots per fill at 70 deg F. Capacity is 50 rounds.

I also read they should drop in to a RS PMAG or STANAG magazine?

What's the update on these magazines? :) :) :) :)