Hi guys,

I have one :) , what ?! this awesome GBB .

Today i took it for the first time at the field.

Totaly I shooted about 1200 rounds ( 200 0.25 and 1000 0.3 ).

Prior to play I made some mods

- hopup teflon tape mod .That's because I think I have the hopup issue. I didnt know there was such an issue, I was thinking that's normal ( all bbs, even 0.20, 0.23, 0.25 drop about 40m away even with max. hop, I was thinking something like "maby this is the way TK loves it" :)) ). Anyway, w/ teflon tape after a lot of testing I've found a "position" , but it's now fixed for 0.3 .

- barrel SRC 6.03 , i had it laying around, kinda buggy barrel for an AEG so I modified it with the right tools and now it's in my rifle. This was just for testing purpose, next week I will put a prommy in it ( with thisone I will go to a machinist to prepare it ).

I used propane and it shoots starting at 155-157m/s (about 510 fps) with full mag and 0.2g. The lowest speed was ~ 145m/s (119m/s with 0.3) after burst and with mag almost empty...

I got just 2 small problems in 1200 bbs fired but those was due to the dust ... fixed in about 10s during battle. Forward assist and everything else worked perfectly.

Guys, what is with this hopup issue?! I've seen it accidentaly , this is the second time I try to read this thread, but untill now I'm just on page 16 :( . Many info and a lot to read. Nothing about the hopup untill now, and at my time/rithm probably I will get to that post in 1-2 weeks :)). Is any fix beside teflon mod?! I checked my wheel , the lever pushing the hopup gum .. everything looks ok just it doesnt push it enough.

Sorry for asking this prior to reading entire thread but is gigantic and the search function doesnt resolve much...

P.s. sorry for my engrish

Edited by kix76
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hi guys,

I have one :) , what ?! this awesome GBB .

Today i took it for the first time at the field.

Totaly I shooted about 1200 rounds ( 200 0.25 and 1000 0.3 ).

Prior to play I made some mods

- hopup teflon tape mod .That's because I think I have the hopup issue. I didnt know there was such an issue, I was thinking that's normal ( all bbs, even 0.20, 0.23, 0.25 drop about 40m away even with max. hop, I was thinking something like "maby this is the way TK loves it" :)) ). Anyway, w/ teflon tape after a lot of testing I've found a "position" , but it's now fixed for 0.3 .

- barrel SRC 6.03 , i had it laying around, kinda buggy barrel for an AEG so I modified it with the right tools and now it's in my rifle. This was just for testing purpose, next week I will put a prommy in it ( with thisone I will go to a machinist to prepare it ).

I used propane and it shoots starting at 155-157m/s (about 510 fps) with full mag and 0.2g. The lowest speed was ~ 145m/s (119m/s with 0.3) after burst and with mag almost empty...

I got just 2 small problems in 1200 bbs fired but those was due to the dust ... fixed in about 10s during battle. Forward assist and everything else worked perfectly.

Guys, what is with this hopup issue?! I've seen it accidentaly , this is the second time I try to read this thread, but untill now I'm just on page 16 :( . Many info and a lot to read. Nothing about the hopup untill now, and at my time/rithm probably I will get to that post in 1-2 weeks :)). Is any fix beside teflon mod?! I checked my wheel , the lever pushing the hopup gum .. everything looks ok just it doesnt push it enough.

Sorry for asking this prior to reading entire thread but is gigantic and the search function doesnt resolve much...

P.s. sorry for my engrish

I suspect your culprit is your modified aeg barrel. It's possible that the bucking isn't seated right or the cuts may not be precise.

I've found to Skirmish the KJW M4 Effectively All You Need Is 1 Magazine!! NO WAIT - That's Just ME!!!

I have over 13,000 Hard Beans through the gun with Only The 2 Magazines I first bought with the gun.

I never shoot full auto in games, rather I shoulder, aim and fire as the gun is accurate and responsive.

I don't 'Lone Wolf' it in games and have done well with only the 2 magazines.

All depends on your style of play,,,

I guess I'm not the only one -- I have just one magazine, and I do pretty well -- I never have to do a field reload. Just take shots you know you can make. And have a guy with you who has the capability of cover fire. Even in the cold, when I only get like 7 or so shots per gas fill, I do fine (I have a propane canister in a MOLLE radio pouch for recharging). I only have to reload at the end of each round.P1010026.jpg

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this rifle -- no more batteries, gearboxes, etc. Just waiting for a CQB barrel, and a 10" Troy MRF. Then I think I'll be satisfied.

I don't think I'm going to wait for t-hum's mags. I'm just gonna sell my KJW and 6 mags and buy a WE m4 v3. The fact that the thermolds don't fit in my pouches and demand a pain in the *albartroth* speed loader that is hard to carry on the field has made up my mind. I'll be putting together a for sale thread fo it soon but I'll entertain offers. NO trades except for said WE gun and mags.

I don't think I'm going to wait for t-hum's mags. I'm just gonna sell my KJW and 6 mags and buy a WE m4 v3. The fact that the thermolds don't fit in my pouches and demand a pain in the *albartroth* speed loader that is hard to carry on the field has made up my mind. I'll be putting together a for sale thread fo it soon but I'll entertain offers. NO trades except for said WE gun and mags.

wow really i had a we m4 and i eneded up selling it for the KJW. with the WE it was never ending, everytime i think i finally got skirmishable and reliable something would then break or stop working correctly.

what about hopup issue ?

my bbs even with max hop just go straight and after 35-40m drops. anyone else got this problem ?

- i did not siliconed the mag or the hopup bucking and this is still happening after 1500 bbs .

- i used 0.20, 0.23, 0,25, 0.3 , same result just bigger range as weight increases ( so practicaly i dont have a hop up system) .

- as temporary fix, I used teflon tape to squish a little the gum, but the precision is too bad now.

what about hopup issue ?

my bbs even with max hop just go straight and after 35-40m drops. anyone else got this problem ?

- i did not siliconed the mag or the hopup bucking and this is still happening after 1500 bbs .

- i used 0.20, 0.23, 0,25, 0.3 , same result just bigger range as weight increases ( so practicaly i dont have a hop up system) .

- as temporary fix, I used teflon tape to squish a little the gum, but the precision is too bad now.

possibly bad hopup rubber? replacement?

what about hopup issue ?

Look back over the past 10 or so pages. Some guys have resorted to using heat shrink tubing on the hop arm to make it slightly thicker. Maybe the KJW needs an enhanced hop arm. Ill look into it.

After 89 pages we still dont know how to install Tight Bore inner barrel... Did anyone (excluding Raven and his CNC masterwork) menaged to fit ANY Tight Bore into his rifle?

t_hum who runs Cradle Airsoft made mine and he sells them as well. Email him and he'll square you away,,,