• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/photo.php?pid=836761&id=1611916625

hey folks i just got my jg rail system in and i can say it feels like *suitcase*. but you get what you pay for and it doesnt look half bad imo... up above is a link to it. now im no pro but how many of you have hand tightened one of them free floating rails on cuz i did and im not happy with the way its aligned it looks aligned with the upper receiver rails but from the front you can see that the outer and the front hk sight are off big time. that ultimately means that the inner barrel is off aswell. i dont have access to any special tools but i do have the delta ring tool... is there anyway i can fix this issue.

heres a pick showing the best angle i could get on the unaligned front sight and inner barrel.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44534&id=1611916625&saved#!/photo.php?pid=836775&id=1611916625

id appreciate any feedback guys thanks.

Attention! All who wish to modify outer barrels, read this! Your life just got way easier...

What you'll need:

- Element brand Steel barrel of your choice (I say steel because its just stronger for the lathing/milling/dremeling process)

- Lathe/Mill/Dremel/whatever you can use

The Element brand outer barrels are great because they are both cheap, and they already come with the top notch cut out large enough for the hop up arm in the KJW m4 hop up. That means all you need to do is lathe/mill/sand/dremel a bit more room inside the barrel for the bucking unit that attaches to the inner barrel. I used a lathe myself as I had access to my race teams shop and it took about 30 seconds.

You'll need a ~0.421" drill bit, and that's all.

I did mine tonight, and here's how she turned out - solid as a rock!

963f218a.jpg

I've tested it, and it works perfectly. No hop up functionality problems at all!

WDAHM519,

Did the barrel already have the notch for the nozzle extension?

Yeah that's what I had said previously. The Element ones come with a large cut out notch at the top. That way it saves you the more time consuming part, which is cutting that notch. Its easy to drill into the barrel, which is all you need to do.

Yeah that's what I had said previously. The Element ones come with a large cut out notch at the top. That way it saves you the more time consuming part, which is cutting that notch. Its easy to drill into the barrel, which is all you need to do.

Ah, okay. Your earlier description only mentioned the notch for hop arm but not the nozzle extension at the bottom.

On some barrels its not so much that there is a notch cut, per se, its just that the loading arm travels underneath the outer barrel. Ive had a few barrels Ive done for people get REALLY close to clearing but ultimately just touched by a few thousandths of an inch.

Its great youve found a barrel that requires less mods. Easier for the DIY types.

Add Dboys M4A1 outer barrel to the DIY list as it does not require boring out the inner diameter to fit the hop chamber. There are only 2 cuts to make; notch for nozzle extension and one of the side walls for depth of hop chamber within the barrel. Both easily accomplished with a Dremel.

Travis, BTW, does your PMAG comes complete or do I need to purchase RS PMAG bodies? Thanks.

Edited by johnyew

Add Dboys M4A1 outer barrel to the DIY list as it does not require boring out the inner diameter to fit the hop chamber. There are only 2 cuts to make; notch for nozzle extension and one of the side walls for depth of hop chamber within the barrel. Both easily accomplished with a Dremel.

Travis, BTW, does your PMAG comes complete or do I need to purchase RS PMAG bodies? Thanks.

I don't know, that sounds more complicated than the Element one. Instead of making two cuts, you just have to use a drill or dremel to make the recess inside the barrel a little deeper (1/4" about). Its great because on the Element one, all the premade notches fit perfectly with the KJW hop up chamber.

However, I guess the Dboys would be a good choice if the Element one is either not in stock or not on the buyers favorite site.

Its been available by emailing or PM'ing me for a few months now. Again, it needs to be up on the site but every time I get close to finishing the new site I have to take a break for another huge project at work. Four more weeks and that will all change and I should have enough time to do the complete revamp and marketing work.

Its been available by emailing or PM'ing me for a few months now. Again, it needs to be up on the site but every time I get close to finishing the new site I have to take a break for another huge project at work. Four more weeks and that will all change and I should have enough time to do the complete revamp and marketing work.

Alright, thanks t_hum. I was just curious because I'm counting down the rounds until this thing gives... I wanted to make sure it was still available.

Does anyone know if sandblasting increased the overall width of a piece or decreases it? I'd like to sandblast my bold carrier, but I'm worried that if I do and it end up increasing the width of it, its going to get stuck/not slide easily in the upper.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I realize though that the actual part of the "bolt" you see is plastic, which makes sandblasting a moot point.

Edited by wdahm519

Alright, thanks t_hum. I was just curious because I'm counting down the rounds until this thing gives... I wanted to make sure it was still available.

Does anyone know if sandblasting increased the overall width of a piece or decreases it? I'd like to sandblast my bold carrier, but I'm worried that if I do and it end up increasing the width of it, its going to get stuck/not slide easily in the upper.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I realize though that the actual part of the "bolt" you see is plastic, which makes sandblasting a moot point.

I dont think it should increase width. On one hand you are causing pitting which, on a very small scale, is causing the metal to deform outwards around the point the sand makes impact with the part (this is VERY small). On the other hand you have to remember paint is being removed which is probably more significant than the pitting from a dimensional perspective.

What would worry me most of all is just the roughness of the parts wearing away at other parts like the brass buffer tube or the inside of the upper receiver. I doubt any wear would be significant but its something to consider.

1) PM T_HUM

2) Send T_HUM $$$

3) Kick back and wait for a few days for UPS.

4) Install new TBB

5) Shoot all your friends.

biggrin.gif

Win.

And I think they're $45.

Oh I meant to add earlier: The stock length KJW inner barrel goes about 5mm short of a 10.5" outer barrel. I know we had an official measurement once, but that was ages back and I thought I'd give a personal comparison length for those interested in running short barrels like I did.

Edited by wdahm519

I don't know, that sounds more complicated than the Element one. Instead of making two cuts, you just have to use a drill or dremel to make the recess inside the barrel a little deeper (1/4" about). Its great because on the Element one, all the premade notches fit perfectly with the KJW hop up chamber.

However, I guess the Dboys would be a good choice if the Element one is either not in stock or not on the buyers favorite site.

Please refer to the attached pic.

p1019100410x.th.jpg

Cut #1 is for nozzle extension

Cut #2 is to control the depth of hop chamber within inner barrel.

These are the only cuts needed for the Dboys M4A1 inner barrel. There is no need to drill the insides of the inner barrel.

Please refer to the attached pic.

p1019100410x.th.jpg

Cut #1 is for nozzle extension

Cut #2 is to control the depth of hop chamber within inner barrel.

These are the only cuts needed for the Dboys M4A1 inner barrel. There is no need to drill the insides of the inner barrel.

When I purchased my first KJWM4 I bought the G&P Defender Front set and installed the included 10.5" outer barrel. The only cut I made was for the nozzle extension (same as #1). That's it. Works flawlessly.

Some one remind me why I bought this thing!!!!!!

The hop is dismal!! When I adjust it, it banks to the right HARD. It looks like it's installed right. My KSC USP has as much range and is more accurate. I know this can be adjusted out but it's just disapointing.

I am at my first game with it now. I have been here for 45 min. And I am so disapointed I am leaving.

I went to .28's I even tried tied the bioval .27's. This day just sucks.

Wow it gets worse.... I was going to show one of the guys at the field what it was doing and the selector switch will not work and the trigger will not drop the hammer

Edited by oldgamefreak