• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I had a strange problem with my KJW at a CQB game today. I was hoping some members here could help me out.

Here's what was happening:

- Insert a mag with the bolt locked back

- Hit bolt release, bolt slides forward

- Bolt doesn't slide forward all the way, stops 6mm short

How I know its 6mm short?

- When the bolt comes forward, the bb from the mag hits the bolt (like it should, with the tab underneath the half-star cluster on the front of bolt), but then, instead of going up that feed ramp into the hop up, it gets stuck just in front of the mag.

It happens on every shot now.

Anyone know whats happening? Should there be a ramp between the mag and the hop up? I can't really see one. Also, the tab on the bolt that knocks the bb's into the hop up seems like it may have been worn/chipped.. its hard to tell without comparing to another persons.

I got the Element steel CQBR barrel in today. I had to increase the depth of the bore for the barrel to fit, as explained previously.

However, the Element barrel requires the cut on the bottom side as well -- the bolt face comes in contact otherwise.

Dahm, I'm pretty sure that's your problem. Didn't you get the Element?If you didn't cut the notch, the little tab that you mention being chipped has been damaged by striking the outer barrel.

Edited by poopstania

I got the Element steel CQBR barrel in today. I had to increase the depth of the bore for the barrel to fit, as explained previously.

However, the Element barrel requires the cut on the bottom side as well -- the bolt face comes in contact otherwise.

Dahm, I'm pretty sure that's your problem. Didn't you get the Element?If you didn't cut the notch, the little tab that you mention being chipped has been damaged by striking the outer barrel.

Ohhhh, that could be!! I'll look into it. Thank you man.

I just checked. You're absolutely right! I shone a light in there and low and behold, there is a giant chunk of barrel in the way. I wonder why it worked fine until mid day? No clue.

Edited by wdahm519

Sounds pretty likely to me. Like I mentioned before those clearences Ive seen in the past were really tiny. Movement during cycling could definately cause it to hit and get damaged. In fact, 6mm gap sounds just about right if it is hitting the barrel.

I took my Koba out for the first time today. An outside game, about 20 degrees Celsius.

I really like the feel of the gun, the weight and balance are excellent...

I wasn't sure how much gas the mags would take, so generally let the gas fill for about 20 seconds. Was using standard Japanese HFC134a gas.

Some mags would empty, but most of them would run out of gas after about 16-20 rounds.

I was using .25 bbs, and the hop-up was giving me trouble. I had tested it at home (about 10 meters) with no trouble, bit once I got outdoors and tried to get a bit more distance I started having real trouble. BBs would head left and right, and I just couldn't find a sweet spot. I bought the Cradle Tightbore, but have yet to install it as I didn't want to mess with the hop-up if it was dead on.

So, all this to say that I am also experiencing hop up issues, and the mags don't seem that gas efficient.

Maybe I need to wait for it to heat up a bit more and for take more time to fill mags.

Do the mags "spit gas" when they are full like a pistol mag does?

Oh, also FYI, I was getting 91m/s with .25bbs on my first shot, and then down to around 85m/s.

The law in Japan is 86m/s with .25s so I was toeing the line. Time to add some more spacers to my Cradle power adjuster.

Ohhhh, that could be!! I'll look into it. Thank you man.

I just checked. You're absolutely right! I shone a light in there and low and behold, there is a giant chunk of barrel in the way. I wonder why it worked fine until mid day? No clue.

That was why I asked if you also made a cut for the nozzle extension. Good news that you found out now and no major damage was done.

Anyone with hop issues who also has a modified tightbore from Cradle will want to pay special attention to this post. A solution has been found to the hop-up problem.

As those who have been following the thread know Oldgamefreak had a malfunction with the trigger group on his KJW. He brought it over to my place yesterday. After some rooting around we found a piece of debris underneath the trigger mechanism. After clearing it the gun fired flawless but, of course, still had an issue with hop and hooking.

I brought his gun into work this morning and proceeded to perform an array of tests using my serialized gun as a benchmark against his non-serialized gun. My earlier speculation that the rubber itself was to blame was false. I switched his hop/barrel assembly into my gun and it still shot poorly. I put my assembly in his gun and it shot like a dream. This sort of evaluation continued until all that was left to switch were the barrels themselves. I put my modified TBB into his assembly and rubber and it shot very well. I took out both barrels and made some dimensional comparisons using calipers. The results were, very unfortunately, that one of the cuts that determines the length of the barrel through the hop window area was too long. After cutting his barrel down on the lathe a very small amount it worked just as well as my personal TBB.

I don't believe this problem is present on all the tightbores Ive sold which, quite honestly, isn't that many. All current and future barrels won't have this issue. As a QC measure a fixture has been created to accurately gauge every barrel that comes off of the lathe.

FOR CURRENT OWNERS OF A TIGHTBORE WITH PROBLEMS (Not all may exhibit hooking or under hopping): I am of course willing to repair the barrels and get them within spec. As well I will gladly offer to return your barrel to you with any Cradle product free of charge (Velocity Reducer, O-Ring Piston, or Carrier Extension). I regret that there are issues. All I can do at this point is strive to make the corrections as quickly and painlessly as possible.

All current owners will be emailed with details about the repair/return process within 48 hours.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause some users but I believe the only way to truly offer great products is to stand behind them and solve these issues as they arise.

Many thanks for all your support,

Travis

Edited by t_hum

thats pretty awesome travis... thanks man.

i have a question regarding the rails people have on their kjws... my jg rail just screws right on but when i tighten it to line up with the rails of the upper receiver they go off to the left slightly. i just dont know what to do to get this thing to line up properly... would you guys have any tips on fixing this problem, cuz i'll probaby just end up buy a free float with a different bolt on system.

I found with my element Noveske free float that I could over-tighten it and push it to the left when the rail was attached, but it was still perfectly stable. If it wont stay still then you can buy ras fixes that join the handguard and the flat top of the receiver together.

Or do you mean that they were ofset to the left?

@ suicidalsnowman

its bolted quite tight and snug its just that the rails sit off to the left, theres no play at all it just goes slightly to the left toward the muzzle end of the rail. hopefully these pichas can help.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=12789

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=12787

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=12786

the first pic is a testament as to how off the rails are they dont even line up with the barrel. but within those three you should be able to see what im talking about. and yes those are my feet.

Nope, when I click on the link I get this, [#10745] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

And I can't see any images on you profile gallery or anything in the member galleries.

New forums screwing up?

Edited by suicidalsnowman

Nope, when I click on the link I get this, [#10745] Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

And I can't see any images on you profile gallery or anything in the member galleries.

New forums screwing up?

nice^_^

Hi guys. I am now the proud owner of a KJW/TK M4 :D

I bought it used from a player who was in the need of some cash. So he sold it to me with the cradle O-ring piston and velocity reducer installed, and one small problem.

The only problem on this gun is the dust cover. It will not stay closed and has very little spring action to it. If someone could please show me photos of a full dust cover assembly on their KJW it could possibly help me diagnose my problem.

Anyone with hop issues who also has a modified tightbore from Cradle will want to pay special attention to this post. A solution has been found to the hop-up problem.

As those who have been following the thread know Oldgamefreak had a malfunction with the trigger group on his KJW. He brought it over to my place yesterday. After some rooting around we found a piece of debris underneath the trigger mechanism. After clearing it the gun fired flawless but, of course, still had an issue with hop and hooking.

I brought his gun into work this morning and proceeded to perform an array of tests using my serialized gun as a benchmark against his non-serialized gun. My earlier speculation that the rubber itself was to blame was false. I switched his hop/barrel assembly into my gun and it still shot poorly. I put my assembly in his gun and it shot like a dream. This sort of evaluation continued until all that was left to switch were the barrels themselves. I put my modified TBB into his assembly and rubber and it shot very well. I took out both barrels and made some dimensional comparisons using calipers. The results were, very unfortunately, that one of the cuts that determines the length of the barrel through the hop window area was too long. After cutting his barrel down on the lathe a very small amount it worked just as well as my personal TBB.

I don't believe this problem is present on all the tightbores Ive sold which, quite honestly, isn't that many. All current and future barrels won't have this issue. As a QC measure a fixture has been created to accurately gauge every barrel that comes off of the lathe.

FOR CURRENT OWNERS OF A TIGHTBORE WITH PROBLEMS (Not all may exhibit hooking or under hopping): I am of course willing to repair the barrels and get them within spec. As well I will gladly offer to return your barrel to you with any Cradle product free of charge (Velocity Reducer, O-Ring Piston, or Carrier Extension). I regret that there are issues. All I can do at this point is strive to make the corrections as quickly and painlessly as possible.

All current owners will be emailed with details about the repair/return process within 48 hours.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause some users but I believe the only way to truly offer great products is to stand behind them and solve these issues as they arise.

Many thanks for all your support,

Travis

THUMBS UP FOR you my friend !!!!!..you are a really great supporter!

Hi guys. I am now the proud owner of a KJW/TK M4 biggrin.gif

I bought it used from a player who was in the need of some cash. So he sold it to me with the cradle O-ring piston and velocity reducer installed, and one small problem.

The only problem on this gun is the dust cover. It will not stay closed and has very little spring action to it. If someone could please show me photos of a full dust cover assembly on their KJW it could possibly help me diagnose my problem.

hello dude..welcome to the family!..i think that maybe your friend didn't provide you the instructions manual with the exploded parts of the tanio when he sold it to you...but i'll post it here..so you can look a it..it's a pretty simple assembly tho.

cheers!

thats pretty awesome travis... thanks man.

i have a question regarding the rails people have on their kjws... my jg rail just screws right on but when i tighten it to line up with the rails of the upper receiver they go off to the left slightly. i just dont know what to do to get this thing to line up properly... would you guys have any tips on fixing this problem, cuz i'll probaby just end up buy a free float with a different bolt on system.

I had a similar problem when I installed my G&P Defender front set. It turns out that the hinge pin for the dust cover was just a little too long and the RIS would hit it. I sanded a couple of millimeters off the end and it solved the problem for me.

I had a similar problem when I installed my G&P Defender front set. It turns out that the hinge pin for the dust cover was just a little too long and the RIS would hit it. I sanded a couple of millimeters off the end and it solved the problem for me.

you lucky dog you... my problem i think has something to do with my threads cause my dust cover pin doesnt come close and when i tightened it as much as possible at the base they would sit off to the left when i attach my hk front sight, looking from the barrel end you could see that the sight didnt even line up with the outter barrel let alone the inner barrel for that matter. ive been messing around with it lossening it just a bit so that i could move the rail system around until the front sight lined up almost perfectly with the inner barrel and then tightening it again. its enough to easy my dissatisfaction a bit but i aint too happy with it. guess im gonna prompt for a different free float in the future. hopefully my friend can swipe one of them eo tech holo sights cuz then i could just attach it to my reciever rails and call it a day.