@Snoopy

If my math is correct you are correct. I looked into this a few weeks ago.

A bottle of GG is "Supposed" to be 1100ML and I pay $15.00 (US) for two bottles. So 7.50 (US) per bottle. A 16.4OZ Propane cost me about 4.50 (US) to buy it localy.

Now convert OZ to ML (just googled a converter) and 16.4 OZ = 485.0058868752794ML. So almost 2.5 Bottles of Propane for 1 bottle of GG. IF the math is correct. I hope not, I have an idea for a remote fill rig that will work with Propane but I would rather use GG due to the oil and cost

If you check Walmart, their generic green propane cans run for a few change over $5. When I was back in Virginia, their local Walmart was selling a 2 pack for $5.12 or 5.27. I can't remember exactly. Coleman propane (being name brand) is more expensive...

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

If you check Walmart, their generic green propane cans run for a few change over $5. When I was back in Virginia, their local Walmart was selling a 2 pack for $5.12 or 5.27. I can't remember exactly. Coleman propane (being name brand) is more expensive...

Thats the brand i use here in Panama and that can of 16.4 oz costs like 4.95....

I've been searching through this thread and noticed some people talking about fitting an ambi selector in but I didn't see if anyone actually did it successfully. What stops you from just drilling a hole in the right side of the selector and screwing a lever on the other side? Like this one:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=61116/pid=26528/sku/Ambi_Selector_Lever?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&mc_id=10000&cvsfa=2345&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3435323030303036392d3435323030303034332d373933

I get the two pack of coleman bottles at our local walmart for about 5.15 or so.

I checked my parts and they still have grease on them. Its weird, Im not sure why the cup chipped.

After toying with my KJW tons, I've noticed the piston can pull ever so lightly outside of the cup when cycling. I'm guessing it mis-aligns just a teeeeny bit, and the head of the piston hits the cup, and shatters it. a slightly tighter rubber band would remedy that.

Edited by TechnoMagi

I get the two pack of coleman bottles at our local walmart for about 5.15 or so.

I checked my parts and they still have grease on them. Its weird, Im not sure why the cup chipped.

I get 4 packs of Coleman for $8-9 at Dunhams. You guys are overpaying for Propane.

Just got back from an OpFor thing again with the KJW and it seems to be holding up seal wise. Im not noticing a lot of venting, and when I did, I think it was due to dirty magazines that need cleaning. This is all still with the chip in the cup, which I sanded to smooth. Keeps on tickin.

I have one question for owners of KJW. Which one of these handguards fit to KJW without any modifications:

MadBull

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/r-i-s-r-a-s/for-rifles-aegs/madbull-daniel-defense-9inch-omega-rail.html

Element

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/r-i-s-r-a-s/for-rifles-aegs/element-dd-lite-rail-9-0-handguard-for-m4-series.html

G&P

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/r-i-s-r-a-s/for-rifles-aegs/gandp-dd-handguard-w-grenade-launcher-short.html

I'm planning to upgrade visual appearance of my KJW so I need help before I spend some money. Thank you in advance.

@dotty I had no trouble mounting a variety of hand guards on to the KJW. I installed a m16 length front end and with the triangular cap for the hand guards, m16a2 and m16a1 hand guards fit perfectly as well as the heat shield for my m203.

@ t_hum The upgrades are preforming magnificently, the only concern I have is that with the velocity reducer and a tightbore it's shooting 365 with a .25 which is over the limit so I have to experiment with one of the spacers to get it perfect.

For any who saw the picture Bleumaglite posted, I'm trying to convert a KJW m4 into a GBBR M16A1. I installed the front end and flash hider no problem, I have a m16a1 pistol grip on the way, and a RS full stock.

I tried modding an AEG full stock, DO NOT ATTEMPT. You'll just butcher a perfectly good stock with no hope of ever mounting it solidly. The initial assessment and the reason why everyone has been having so much trouble with the RS stocks is the buffer tube thread incompatibility. I'm proposing to leave the original buffer tube on the rifle. I plan on taking the end cap off the tube and drilling a hole in the center for a bolt. There's about 4 cm of clearance between the end cap and the farthest back the bolt can go, so I intend to put a nut and washer and get a matching bolt to replace the upper mounting screw for the RS stock.

I'll post pictures in a few days when they arrive in the mail and I get them installed, in the mean time any thoughts on my proposed modification?

PS: as of yet I have no plans to replace the upper receiver as I'd need a fixed carry handle upper to make a perfect m16a1, but I will experiment later.

@ t_hum The upgrades are preforming magnificently, the only concern I have is that with the velocity reducer and a tightbore it's shooting 365 with a .25 which is over the limit so I have to experiment with one of the spacers to get it perfect.

Sounds like you're spot on without spacers and just an o-ring. Fit the thickest (.080") spacer between the o-ring and reducer flange. That'll drop it by a fair margin. If you think its too low go to a single .060" spacer instead.

I have one question for owners of KJW. Which one of these handguards fit to KJW without any modifications:

MadBull

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/r-i-s-r-a-s/for-rifles-aegs/madbull-daniel-defense-9inch-omega-rail.html

Element

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/r-i-s-r-a-s/for-rifles-aegs/element-dd-lite-rail-9-0-handguard-for-m4-series.html

G&P

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/r-i-s-r-a-s/for-rifles-aegs/gandp-dd-handguard-w-grenade-launcher-short.html

I'm planning to upgrade visual appearance of my KJW so I need help before I spend some money. Thank you in advance.

The above will all work without the front sight post.

The Daniel Defense 7" and 9.5"FSP light rail styles will work without mods. These are the only ones I have had experience with.

For those of you interested in the DD rails that use the Lite or RIS II proprietary barrel nut, the Daniel Defense Lite/RIS II Tool made for that different barrel nut is now $10 instead of $19, which is nice. I bought the tool for my real steel and I thought I'd pass on the info.

T_hum, did you ever hear from Clare?

Edited by wdahm519

For those of you interested in the DD rails that use the Lite or RIS II proprietary barrel nut, the Daniel Defense Lite/RIS II Tool made for that different barrel nut is now $10 instead of $19, which is nice. I bought the tool for my real steel and I thought I'd pass on the info.

Mine came in the mail yesterday and does a lot better job of bolting on my SG DD Mk18 than the spanner I was using and engages snugly with the barrel nut. Like the supplied KJW wrench, it has a hole for a ratchet/torque wrench.

-Piano

To Suicidalsnowman:

Sorry for the slow reply, been away on business. As requested, please see attached pics of my gun with Gemtech G5 flashider (with and without suppressor)

post-917-12720444287576_thumb.jpgpost-917-12720445034241_thumb.jpgpost-917-12720445590582_thumb.jpg

As you can see it looks pretty neat and the can IMHO just makes the gun look way cooler. The MRE RIS has been swapped for a straighforward 10" RIS but I still can't make up my mind on a final set up!

Thanks for the link to the short dot replica. Ironically, RSOV are now selling a S&B clone for $58, looks the same and is 1-4x with red dot. Took the plunge and ordered one.

Field report - my gun had it's first outing at the weekend, a private game in the south on a mixture of woodland and an old disused factory. Weather was sunny with temp around 16C. What made the game even better was that on my team were 2 WA's, 1 G&P, 1 AGM and my KJW. The Opfor had 2 WE's, 1 Ino and a GHK AK. At one point I was at the re-spawn area after being taken out by a sniper. Justing sitting there listening to the sounds echoing through the woods was fantastic! As you can imagine, it was even better when we were in the old factory.

And best of all, after a days good hard fight, guess who's GBBR was the only one still running!

After I got back home I gave the gun a good clean and checked for wear - nothing!

Now I just need to make my damned mind up about a final look - oh, and find some more mags!

Number47

Hi,

Today, at 20 Celsius, I had a great decrease in power.

With a full filled magazine (gas&bbs) , I just get gas to fire 20-25 bbs, and a loose of 20% at bb speed also. Usualy it shoots like 60bbs per fill.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by kix76

@ Number47

Cheers for that, I've got a 12.5 inch ris on mine now and have a PFI smoke cap suppressor on the end for a bit of extra realism, but I do like the look of the G5.

@t_hum

I got all my parts through as well, solid as rock and great craftsmanship. The only bad thing was customs charges, £20, £12 of which was just the bloody handling fee!

That's really odd. You're only the second person I've heard of that has been charged any duties. The first in the UK too. Come to think of it the other was shipped UPS which charges their silly brokerage fee to Canada. Usps rarely gets duties applied.