• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Raven1,

Although i'm still struggling to understand with what you say, zillion thanks for spending your valuable time to attend to my trouble especially with "On A New Out of the Box Gun It Is Almost Always Not Properly Assembled at factory and the Auto Sear is NOT Aligned Properly." So, i wouldn't think that mine was a defected product since Redwolf says that it's the best performance gbbr out of the box smile.gif

AutoSearAnimation.gif

This explains it all. :)

Raven and stickittoyou, thanks!

After I learned what Raven says, I also noticed that the "leg" of the auto sear has a friction with the inside receiver so i pushed the auto sear a bit inside, and clearly fixed the issue. Thanks!!

Raven1 good times. Its hilarious when the .28 BBs off these things contact skin. I tagged a guy in the back of the neck also, he jumped and ducked for cover.

My gun ran great all day, till the end.... Broke another o-ring on the Cradle piston! WTF I was thinking. Took it apart, cleaned all the grease off the piston and out of the cup. The cup revealed a "flap" of plastic inside. I removed and inspected further. On this further inspection I noticed the look of scraping inside the cup. The flap was plastic scraped from inside the cup.

Once I noticed this I inspected the head of the piston and found a razor sharp edge the full circumference of the piston head. I carefully sanded this sharp edge off and its now smooth to the touch.

Cleaned it up, added a new o-ring, re-greased, and assembled. Shoots better than new again. I will take it out and shoot a couple hundred hard-beans through it to see if it solved my problem.

Lyle, if you need some spare rings just let me know and we can find a time to get together.

Thank you Travis, will do.

I am going to experiment with a few different types. I broke both of the ones you supplied. I picked some cheap ones up from Lowes and am currently running those. I am gonna head to Napa auto/truck parts next and try out the ones used for hydraulics.

There is a company in Phoenix that sells all kinds of o-rings made of various materials. Was thinking about buying a variety and see if the performance is affected by differences in rubber composition and hardness.

There is a difference depending on what type you use. Your best bets will be Viton, Polyurethane, or Buna-N (which is what I supply). The polyurethanes will be the toughest but also dont have very good compressibility which can mean a somewhat loose seal. But give them a try and see what you get.

Edited by t_hum

Second on the super lube. Thanks to Thum's advice, I went and bought super lube for the KJW and it works well. Just to report, The gun still has a broken right ear for the upper receiver and has a chip in the piston cup and is still shooting just fine and accurately. Thankfully, I have not seen any receiver creep, loss in hopup or accuracy, or change in cycling. I only hope it holds together as I wouldnt know where to get new uppers.

I also just got in a replica ELCAN SpecterDR sight and the thing looks really good on the gun (or as it would any m4/16 variant).

Edited by Kai_Wolf

This weekend was the second weekend I ran my KJW/TK at a game. I ran it with the piston bone dry (forgot to lube before the game) and blew one of my O-Rings. Good thing I brought my spare :). Lubed everything up, replaced the ring, everything ran fine. Until my bolt carrier extension began to stick on the inside of my buffer tube. What is it you guys are doing to taper them, to make them not get jammed back in the tube? I gotta take a new picture of my rifle now that it's externally finished.

@ Sam McKenzie

File then sand the Carrier Extension to round off the sharp ends.

Use the Super Lube Grease in the Bolt Cup + Buffer Tube & Buffer.

Magazines:

Use Tuf Oil - 'Lubit 8' to oil your magazine Valve from up top 2 - 3 drops and you're good to go!

Lubit 8

I tried searching all 107 pages but i couldn't find my answer.

Can anyone confirm that you the sling mount for the m4 cqb can be ordered from kjw and then be applied to the standard kjw m4? If so i think that would solve all my problems. If so does anyone have the part number so i can send an email over to them =)

@ Alex Chang

Only someone with a new gun will be able to confirm, hopefully somebody with one will do so. Or at least check their manual,,,

@ Kai_Wolf

Received your PM but it states I am unable to reply! Dunno what is going on?

well guys i finally got around to playing with the gun the other day, cqb fast respawn with one mag so i only played the first game with it, which was a domination game.

First off when i chrono with 0.20 the first shot was like 390ish then every other shot one second apart was like 355-370. I have all of thums parts and the full lenght tight bore. i installed just 1 of the biggest spacers and the reducer. it was about 70ish degrees inside a warehouse, so that kinda where i wanted it to be fps wise.

unfortunately all i had was 0.20s so accuracy was ehhh beyond 100 ft. other than that no problems everything worked, no jams no hiccups. now i just need 8 more mags. and force travis to make a speed loader.

I went skirmish with my new M4 last weekend for the first time. I have only one mag but no trouble there. First of all I must say that the feeling when you fire every round out of it is like - Rock 'n Roll :) This is my first GBBR so I'm under great impression. Temperature was around 20°C (70F), green gas was used.

M4 has installed thum's piston and velocity reducer but with no spacers (I fire semi only so it's under regulations in my country). Rifle itself is amazing - sturdy, no significant wobbling, great weight distribution. I was capable of firing two mags with one gas charging. On several occasion when rifle fired bb gas floated out of the mag until the mag was completely empty. I read somewhere in this thread that could be the problem with mag valve. Any advice?

Considering precision and range I was not so impressed. Effective range with 0.28 is around 30m (around 100ft). My previous AEG (JG AUG A3) had effective range of 50m (160ft). So I've expected more considering bb velocity and so praised TK hop up system. Perhaps there's a problem with air compression. Any advice considering this issue is more than welcome. I've ordered thum's full length TBB so maybe that will improve range and grouping.

All-in-all, I'm satisfied with KJW M4. With range issue solved, full length TBB and a couple of mags more it will be real threat on the field :)

dotty-

clean your barrel/bucking....if its oily, youre not getting the proper amount of backspin for the bbs youre using....

------------------------------------

I decided to cut down my inner barrel so I do not have to worry about the fps. I'm using the stock flute valve and am getting fps around 390s with .20g bbs at about 60 degrees.

I have the same problem with its range, in semi auito with 0.2 mine can travel about 35-40m, but i already got an advice from raven1 to check the hop up set and to use 0.28 or heavier. In full auto there's no complaint.

All in all, i love both of my gbbrs, WEM4 and KJM4.