• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

@ stickyittoyou

I have all the information together, I just need to put it together in the proper format to make it easier to understand,,,

@ dotty3107

Are the BBs just 'dropping' straight down at that range?

Are the BBs shooting off to the left or the right?

With the BBs just dropping it is not enough back spin. So it is either oily hop up bucking or you need to add another click on the dial wheel.

If you had your magazine dump all it's gas then it definitely deposited some oil on your hop up bucking. Use several 'Q-tips' to swab the oil out and that should straighten things out.

If the BBs are shooting off to the right or left:

If you have replaced the front set and disturbed the Hop Up house ( the 2 halves ) these 2 items need to equal in length or you'll have hop up issues. Also be sure the screw that holds down the Dial wheel in the upper receiver is not loose or this will affect your hop up as well.

!Guys Remember!

When oiling your magazines be sure to fill your magazines with a 2 - 3 second fill of gas.

The evacuate all the gas to remove excess oil - BEFORE Loading Up BBs and Shooting The Gun!

If You Do Not Then Oil Will Get Deposited On Your Hop Up Bucking!

Your BBs Will Be UNDER Hopped!!

Edited by Raven1
  • Like 1

Thanks Raven. I did oil my magazine so it's possible that some excess oil was ejected to hop up chamber. I'll take a look at it today.

By the way, I contacted Clare last week considering some spare parts. She answered quickly and my parts were shipped on Monday. Great service from Clare!

Im pretty darn sure that this has not been covered yet.

As most of you guys know, the flash hider is made of two pieces. The first piece is the threaded brass ring and the other piece is the bird cage flash hider. The second piece holds onto the brass ring using an allen screw.

A few think that its not really a big deal. You either use it or just replace it with an aftermarket part.

The thing is that the flash hider is the way it is for a reason. That reason is for the flash hider to have as big a bore as possible so as to eliminate the chance of a bb catching the flash hider.

In case some of you guys don't pay attention to some detail, aftermarket flash hiders have a smaller diameter bore than the kjw flash hider. Having a smaller bore flash hider increases the chances of a bb catching the edge of the bore....specially when the inner barrel is shorter than the outer barrel. Turn your hop all the way up and you just might end up with bbs in the bore of the outer barrel.

Anyhow...just an interesting thing that I observed today that I thought a handful might appreciate :)

FYI, I have chopped my stock inner barrel down to about 6.25" (down almost 4" from the stock inner barrel length). This setup allows me to shoot under 400 fps with .20g bbs at about 70 degrees.

T_hum how much would it be to get a precision barrel, piston, and a buffer tube detent support? (BTW... did anything come of that?! I've never seen a picture of it.)

buffer tube detent support= bolt carrier extension

check page 106/107 for photos

It adds a good amount of weight to the bcg...reduces the rof but increases the felt recoil.

hello everyone...does anybody here know about how far the bbs(.25's) get with propper hop at a 32ºC?

At 70ºF, using propane and .25g bbs (with my inner barrel chopped down by 3.75") shooting at 365 FPS using Toytec .25g BBs, I am able to achieve at least 170 feet on shots that land closest...and about 200ft when the bb trajectory ends up hitting the sweet spot (sails up some then dies)...in short...AEG range.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

That kind of range would be more than acceptable. If you have in mind that I have no spacer installed on velocity reducer and I use 0.28g bbs this range shout be even better IMHO. Specially because of greater initial velocity and bb mass which allows more kinetic energy to be preserved during the shot.

Edited by dotty3107

That kind of range would be more than acceptable. If you have in mind that I have no spacer installed on velocity reducer and I use 0.28g bbs this range shout be even better IMHO. Specially because of greater initial velocity and bb mass which allows more kinetic energy to be preserved during the shot.

I have no spacers in mine. I did cut my barrel down.

.28g BBs should have no problems reaching ranges past 230-50 feet max.

Make sure your hop bucking isn't oily and that the green gas you use do not have too much silicone in it. If anything use propane for best results. I know it stinks but that's how you get oil out of the hop bucking.

As per recommendation, put 2-3 drops of silicone oil into the propane can before charging gas every 8-10 mags. I have been doing that and have had no issues with my magazines.

My bolt carrier group is dry. I do make it a point to check and make sure that the o-ring on my Cradle Airsoft O-ring piston is NOT dry. I use silicone grease on it.

My recoil buffer is also lightly lubed with silicone grease.

I clean by barrel/hop as needed using an AEG cleaning rod and strips of paper towel to make sure that my hop bucking is not gunked up with junk (which causes poor accuracy in any/all airsoft guns).

• Like 1

I tried searching all 107 pages but i couldn't find my answer.

Can anyone confirm that you the sling mount for the m4 cqb can be ordered from kjw and then be applied to the standard kjw m4? If so i think that would solve all my problems. If so does anyone have the part number so i can send an email over to them =)

Once I get mine and if no one has already sent you a message about it, I'll send you the part number. My gun should be in sometime next week.

@T_HUM

Any news on the updating of your site?

I want to buy your piston, a precision barrel, and BCG Extension

Edited by stickyittoyou

Ohhh good God, my order is pending a customs inspection.... If they make it not work I am going to be so angry. Worse yet if they tell me it can fire live ammunition... I'm so going to go after them about the fundamental requirements for guns to even fire live ammunition without it blowing up in peoples faces; to put it the simplistic way "DUHhhh, that would be stupid".

On the brighter side of this my lovely invoice from from T_hum is as followed.

1 KJW01A O-Ring Piston for KJW/TK M4 28.00 28.00

1 KJW03A Carrier Extension for KJW/TK M4 15.00 15.00

1 KJWB363 6.01 x 363 Tightbore Barrel for KJW/TK M4 (363mm) 55.00 55.00

Subtotal: 98.00 Shipping: 5.75

Currency is in U.S. Dollars (USD) Total: $103.75 USD

Edited by stickyittoyou

Good luck dude! I hope it passes through the customs without a hitch. :)

You're about to receive an awesome piece of equipment.

Oh I know! I can't wait. It's like Christmas! I keep checking Hong Kong Post to see if there's an update on my package daily... sometimes every hour. lol total obsession i know!

This will be my first GBB system and I'm glad I waited. I almost fell for the WA, and WE; definitely not cost effective equipment. If I was just going to buy the WA and upgrade it with around a 1000 dollars worth of stuff; I'd just let it pass and buy a real steel.

WE is priced to high for what you get. The SCAR was a MAJOR letdown for me; I had high hopes for it... I got so mad when the back plate was breaking on everyone's unit, more so when everyone was getting bad rubber buckings in their hop-ups (where you fix it with a little electric tape... oh that'll last). The whole low priced 100 dollar GBB upgrade with all high grade parts WAS tempting... but like looking at a bunch of parts from a Ferrari... and trying to put it into a Ford Pinto, NOT GUNNA WORK! And very foolish to think that "shaving this and that will make it work".

Anyways... back to the KJW M4 CQB that I soon... hope makes it from Customs!

Question though, I haven't been on here in a long time. When it comes to the installation of the barrel; how hard is it to take down the hop-up?

your gun will come with a wrench for the barrel nut/delta ring assembly!

take out the handguards and front sight pin/screw....take off the gas tube and use the wrench to loosen the delta ring assembly....off goes your barrel

take an allen wrench, loosen a screw on top of the outer barrel and slide out the inner barrel/hop bucking assembly

slide the brass sleeve off....

take the hop bucking's metal shell off...remove the hop bucking

easy as pie

your gun will come with a wrench for the barrel nut/delta ring assembly!

take out the handguards and front sight pin/screw....take off the gas tube and use the wrench to loosen the delta ring assembly....off goes your barrel

take an allen wrench, loosen a screw on top of the outer barrel and slide out the inner barrel/hop bucking assembly

slide the brass sleeve off....

take the hop bucking's metal shell off...remove the hop bucking

easy as pie

haha I'm so much more of a visual person

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsmrmHo7hWs

Here it is for everyone else that missed it then.

Don't forget guys to go around onto other forums and tell people about T-hum's upgrade parts.

Just found this kid on youtube who can't use his KJ at any fields because it chrono's too high; so I told him to find T_HUM on here or go to www.cradleairsoft.com

@T_HUM

support my local internet KJW upgrade shop :D

Totally another few questions for you guys though, when it comes to

Magpul stocks...

MOE Stock OR PTS CTR Stock ??

AS for RIS Rails

SOCOM GEAR Daniel Defense 9.5" rail OR Madbull Noveske 10" RIS

I'm just not sure how close this will get to the flash-hider for a CQB. I want to be able to use my mock suppressor. 7" is too small... I know 12" is too big.

And about the Delta ring, the DD supplies one... but would it even fit?

I want Flat Dark Earth on my bad boy... never had it before and I want something that looks different; but I did notice the color variation between the Dark Earth MAGPUL stock and the RIS rail Dark Earth...

Edited by stickyittoyou

The DD 9.5" will be flush with your flash hider on the 10.5" barrel. This means you probably won't be able to use mock suppressors.

It's going to be REAL close. I've measured it out and there might be 1/8th of an inch of space between the flash-hider and the RIS rail.

BTW I had to order the gas block with the DD Rail System, because I didn't want there to be a chance of my barrel to wobble, plus it just completes the style of the RIS. I ended up going with black as well because of the color difference from each DE color.

Order Subtotal USD 117.00 Discount -USD 5.85 Shipping & Handling USD 26.00 Grand Total USD 137.15

G&P Merchant Marines Free Float Gas Block for M4 Series

GP920 USD 15.00

Ordered: 1

USD 15.00

gp920_2_mark.jpg

STAR DD RAS II Handguard for AEG (Black)

SAA-KIT-22-BK USD 102.00

Ordered: 1

USD 102.00

SAA-KIT-22-BK_1_mark.jpg

Another reason I went with STAR is because of the two delta rings that are included.

Edited by stickyittoyou