• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hefty is what a lot of ca aeg's are...it helps with the guns other purpose...as a paper weight. LoL! Glad your ca mp5sd is serving you well lupus :P

I worked on aeg's for 10 years or so but never kept an aeg longer than a year maybe....I used to go through them like water...

The kwa mp7's are good performers in general....you'll be happy with it daniel :P I have ran mine for a few games alongside my kjw m4 and they shoot pretty darn consistent....as with kwa gbbs though, fine tuning the hop to get it to shoot at its sweet spot is dependent on the bb weight, temperature and gas that you are using...one click of the hop up and its too much...one click down and the hop isn't quite there...its the nature of the beast I guess :P

Just played my first games with my KJ. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed!

Not a single hick-up during the four hours of gaming, and the bolt stop worked 100% of the time. Only downside was that I had tuned down the velocity too much with the reducer and the hopup wasn't strong enough to level out 0.28g bb's after 30 meters or so. But the accuracy and consistency was even better than with my MP5 AEG. :)

Consistency, accuracy and reliability. Sounds like a winner to me!

Now only if I could find some extra mags...

EDIT: Found mags from WGC shop and ordered some. :D

Edited by Lupus78

@Snoopy - I did use a sling, yes. A one point Bungee. I only use it on occasion and it was super hot out yesterday, I think that may have had something to do with it.

Bro,

I've got your Addy you will have my Old Upper inbound this week!

It has a broken front tab on the primary side but the reaction side is still intact as well as the rear take down pin.

I hope this will tye you over until all the B.S. with the ATF is over and we can start getting uppers from KJW Again,,,

-Raven1

O.o

I am speechless. Thank you Raven! This should help me out and I hope the ATF stuff does blow over soon. Thanks again! I look foward to it.

Bro,

I've got your Addy you will have my Old Upper inbound this week!

It has a broken front tab on the primary side but the reaction side is still intact as well as the rear take down pin.

I hope this will tye you over until all the B.S. with the ATF is over and we can start getting uppers from KJW Again,,,

-Raven1

GUYS!!! GREAT NEWS!!! My magazine works now!!!

My friend was charging the magazine today, and he asked when to stop filling it with gas. Then he proceeded to use 20 rounds on full auto -- but ran out of ammo first!!!

Apparently, it was never filling up with gas -- it would usually only charge for a few seconds, but now it's doing it for like 20 or so.

I have no idea what the problem was, and how it got fixed... but now my gun works flawlessly! Still could use a couple more mags, though...

EDIT: DAGUM! After two mags of it working, it's back to sucking.... Ideas? The canister was really warm the times it worked, but still, it's about room temperature now.

EDIT AGAIN: Seems to work on full auto, but doesn't on semi... Well, at least I know what works.

Edited by poopstania

Lupus-

What kind of gas are you using?

You will definitely need rubber bands...you might also want to get a couple of bolt stops...as well as hop buckings...Those are just in case parts...you will not need them until your rubber band and bolt stop breaks and wear down your hop (I replaced mine at about 13,000 rounds just cause I had 5 of them in my spare box

-----------------------------

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point

4-Jun-2010 19:47 Pick Up Service (Kowloon and New Territories)

Date # Location Delivery Status

4-Jun-2010 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

4-Jun-2010 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

4-Jun-2010 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 4-Jun-2010

5-Jun-2010 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.

5-Jun-2010 United States of America Pending customs inspection.

5-Jun-2010 United States of America In transit.

7-Jun-2010 United States of America Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

7-Jun-2010 United States of America Delivered.

Yeap...The packaging was retaped. The writings on the tape read "OPENED FOR INSPECTION BY U.S. Customs and Border Protection AGRICULTURE".

My magazine was gassed up still.

My barrel was painted orange. Oddly enough, the paint they used chipped off VERY easily. I managed to clean 99% of the paint by using my thumb-nail. It was literally like playing those lottery scratchers! only easier...

I inspected the gun and found a couple of differences from the original M4A1 Carbine release. The piston was different as well as the hop packing's casing. I believe the hop packing's casing was already covered a while back. I'm not quite sure about the piston. Its essentially the same as before as it uses the piston lid, BUT, they made it lighter (I suppose)

Here's a couple of pics for those wondering:

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

Its probably in the low 70's outside right now and its past 3AM here in California. I chronoed the gun using Javelin .20g BBs and "Clean Safe" duster gas (bought from Walmart for $4.88 for the 12oz can). Using one of them XCORTECH chronoes, the high was around 375 FPS. After shooting off a few rounds, it leveled down to about 350's as the magazine cooled down some....typical for when you're using duster gas (or 134a).

---------------------------

Edit:

Another thing to note. The RIS is not 100% solid. It is however solid enough with very very minimal play. It will be noticeable upon closer inspection. Otherwise you would think that the gun is just a brick.

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

What kind of gas are you using?

Green Gas, since there's no propane available in Finland.

Another thing to note. The RIS is not 100% solid. It is however solid enough with very very minimal play. It will be noticeable upon closer inspection. Otherwise you would think that the gun is just a brick.

Same observations as I've made with my CQB-R. Also the L119A1 barrel adds a slight wobble to front sight, since it's a bit loose. There seems to be a tightening screw hole below forward sling mount, but no screw. Weird.

Green Gas, since there's no propane available in Finland.

Same observations as I've made with my CQB-R. Also the L119A1 barrel adds a slight wobble to front sight, since it's a bit loose. There seems to be a tightening screw hole below forward sling mount, but no screw. Weird.

You will want to get spare elastic bands for sure ( I have snapped 2 of them in my 13-15,000 rounds through my gun. One was when it was below freezing...the other would be soon after I got my gun out from the trunk of my car to shoot at the chrono station at the shop. It was about 85o F. As we all know, just cause its 85 outside does not mean its 85 degrees inside the car....

You can use a 1.5mm allen screw (same ones used on the Marui flash hiders) to secure the front sight in place.

If you have the barrel extension and o-ring piston, you're set. Good to go with green gas!

-----------------------------

Yeap...The packaging was retaped. The writings on the tape read "OPENED FOR INSPECTION BY U.S. Customs and Border Protection AGRICULTURE".

My magazine was gassed up still.

My barrel was painted orange. Oddly enough, the paint they used chipped off VERY easily. I managed to clean 99% of the paint by using my thumb-nail. It was literally like playing those lottery scratchers! only easier...

I inspected the gun and found a couple of differences from the original M4A1 Carbine release. The piston was different as well as the hop packing's casing. I believe the hop packing's casing was already covered a while back. I'm not quite sure about the piston. Its essentially the same as before as it uses the piston lid, BUT, they made it lighter (I suppose)

That bites... see... mine came with the plastic orange flash-hider on it, and the metal flash-hider in the box. They didn't even open it up. Did you order off of EHOBBY?

I got mine from WGCshop. Where they also have mags. LoL!

BTW Lupus...I meant Bolt Carrier Extension (not barrel extension) :P

Another thing that I forgot to mention...the "speed loaders" that it comes with now use a metal tube (instead of the plastic one that has broken on people....including myself). :)

Pics?

IMG_2173.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

BTW Lupus...I meant Bolt Carrier Extension (not barrel extension) :P

I kinda guessed that already. ;)

t_hum was kind enough to sell all the Cradle goodies. Only the o-ring piston I haven't installed yet. What kind of problems does that by the way prevent? (Can't remember what was said in the ancient times of this thread.)

Here's by the way my rifle with different set of furniture - the Magpul edition. Still needs the Magpul trigger guard, otherwise pretty nice and sleek. Sorry for the crappy iPhone "quality" pic.

kj_magpul_l119a1.jpg

The o-ring piston was made because the regular piston cup tends to rip/tear after prolonged use with green gas. A torn/ripped piston cup would slowly wear down the loading nozzle/bolt cylinder edge.

I'm running duster gas (152a/ 134a) on my new one for now as I am spitting out .25g BBs at a max velocity of 350. Blowback is pretty lame IMO but it cycles.

Inner barrel vibration alert!

Another thing that I forgot to mention is that the stock inner barrel's outer diameter is a few mm smaller than the bore of the outer barrel. This leads to the inner barrel "floating" inside the outer barrel. Because the inner barrel is floating, it vibrates after every shot that you take which then translates to poorer accuracy than it should if it did not vibrate. There's supposed to be an o-ring in place to keep the inner barrel from vibrating but found none on all my 3 KJW M4's. I solved this by using scotch tape. I simply wrapped my inner barrel with a few passes of scotch tape to eliminate the excess vibration.