• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Reading (most of) this thread convinced me to buy the gun, but I have a quick question I hope you can answer:

The seller instructed me to always pull the charging handle before inserting a magazine, to protect the nozzle.

I dont really know anything about GBB rifles, but this is not the way it is done in the manual, nor in any of the online videos with the gun.

Does it serve any purpose? I will have to do it again anyway, to chamber a BB when the magazine is in place.

Reading (most of) this thread convinced me to buy the gun, but I have a quick question I hope you can answer:

The seller instructed me to always pull the charging handle before inserting a magazine, to protect the nozzle.

I dont really know anything about GBB rifles, but this is not the way it is done in the manual, nor in any of the online videos with the gun.

Does it serve any purpose? I will have to do it again anyway, to chamber a BB when the magazine is in place.

Not Necessary on the KJW M4 !

The Nozzle is built into the Bolt and is 2X as thick and 3X longer than 'Other' designs making the Nozzle much more resilient and stronger.

How Ever: Some magazines may Not fully seat with the Bolt Carrier Group in full battery and it helps to pull the BCG back slightly to seat easier. But this isn't always necessary everytime,,,

Here's a small bit of emailing between me and Clare from KJW.

My original message:

Hi,

I am wondering how much it would cost to purchase a full new upper receiver for the KJW M4A1, minus the bolt/charging handle, full front end, and carry handle. (Shipped to USA).

Namely, part numbers:

85A

14A

14B

14C

14D

25A

and a couple of part no 26.

Thanks,

Sam

Yes, I busted out my manual and looked up what number each part was. Gotta be specific, you know?

But more importantly, the reply back was:

Sorry, we're not sale the part for M4 to USA.

Kjworks

Clare

I hope that doesn't mean that they don't send replacement parts to the US anymore... They just mean they won't send the upper, right?

If KJ won't send the uppers here anymore, what is it looking like for having multiple uppers? I've looked around and seen nothing, but has anyone even heard rumors on if someone is going to go into producing aftermarket bodies for these guns?

Not Necessary on the KJW M4 !

The Nozzle is built into the Bolt and is 2X as thick and 3X longer than 'Other' designs making the Nozzle much more resilient and stronger.

How Ever: Some magazines may Not fully seat with the Bolt Carrier Group in full battery and it helps to pull the BCG back slightly to seat easier. But this isn't always necessary everytime,,,

Thanks, I wont worry about it then.

It only took one for me, you just have to give them two or so days to give you a reply.

So from the looks of it, are they not sending any spare parts to the US, or is it just upper receiver parts?

That blows!!! At least this is a reliable platform, and the breakages are well-contained. I'm sure there will be either aftermarket bodies/new parts, or they will start sending them again.

I just got my CQBR in. So far so good from what I can tell. Went out back to shoot and found my first "problem". No matter how I adjust the hop up I'm not getting any hop. Also, I can continuously turn the hop up dial to the left(which I assume is more

hop). It just clicks 8-9 times, goes back around, and continues to click and click to no end.

Any help would be great before I decide to open it up.

I just got my CQBR in. So far so good from what I can tell. Went out back to shoot and found my first "problem". No matter how I adjust the hop up I'm not getting any hop. Also, I can continuously turn the hop up dial to the left(which I assume is more

hop). It just clicks 8-9 times, goes back around, and continues to click and click to no end.

The hop-up is designed to continuously rotate. It has about 6 levels. So as you turn it the setting goes 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3... and so on.

As far as not getting any hop some owners have had this problem. Some have suggested a mod which can be found in this thread (not sure exactly where) which involves putting a layer of shrink wrap on the hop arm to make it slightly thicker. My first suggestion would be to make sure your rubber is clean and lube free. And then Id make sure you are shooting .25g BBs minimum with .28's being preferable.

I asked about this as well on the previous page (120) and was given an answer on how to take care of it right after my post.

Find it here.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=171349&view=findpost&p=2345730

the hop up trouble appears to be a common trouble for the last 2 months. I guess those who bought the last batch of the rifle will likely have the same issue.

@t_hum: do you mind if i can get a pic of your bolt carrier extension (i forgot the name of it)? i tried to figure it out about its function, but i assume it has similar function with Ino's super bolt. As I plan to replace the buffer tube with the milspec one as raven1 did, do you have any concern with the BCG, do you think i also need to add it the bcg extension to increase its weight?

Had a failure today.

Switched to the shorter inner/outer barrel set up briefly, and fired off a mag. It was around 100F today. First few shots had a lot of gas venting, then it normalized.

Fired great -- accurate, kicked hard.

After I was done, I went to open up the receiver to check the status of things, and it wouldn't open.

Took off the front pin, and to my disappointment, the piston had unscrewed, the X-ring had lots of wear, the rubber band was very oddly-shaped, and the cylinder was broken in a couple spots. Golly, how did that happen?

I have a spare cylinder and rubber band, and some extra o-rings too.

I'll have pictures up later tonight.

Had a failure today.

Switched to the shorter inner/outer barrel set up briefly, and fired off a mag. It was around 100F today. First few shots had a lot of gas venting, then it normalized.

Fired great -- accurate, kicked hard.

After I was done, I went to open up the receiver to check the status of things, and it wouldn't open.

Took off the front pin, and to my disappointment, the piston had unscrewed, the X-ring had lots of wear, the rubber band was very oddly-shaped, and the cylinder was broken in a couple spots. Golly, how did that happen?

I have a spare cylinder and rubber band, and some extra o-rings too.

I'll have pictures up later tonight.

Did you not use thread lock?

Are you lubricating the BCG? If so, don't. The silicon or whatever lubricant you use can really screw with the hop-up.

So is it recommended that one should use non-lubracated gas. Because personally never relubed my gun, but over the course of a day after using green gas, oil will tend to seep out of the reciever. Will use of green gas also translate to oil being sent down the barrel?

If the problem is due to the use of green gas, im assuming I should stick to either 134 or Propane.

So is it recommended that one should use non-lubracated gas. Because personally never relubed my gun, but over the course of a day after using green gas, oil will tend to seep out of the reciever. Will use of green gas also translate to oil being sent down the barrel?

If the problem is due to the use of green gas, im assuming I should stick to either 134 or Propane.

No what he meant was lubricating the piston with say... vasoline or another lubricant that is thick, once you fire it the lubricant will fly off of the piston and go down barrel. This is why I use Liquid Wrench Silicone Spray (it's thin; and not thick like other lubricants), it's what I clean the barrel with and put into my magazine as a propane additive. I haven't had issues what so ever with my hop-up. I although need to get .28 or greater for BB's since all I have is .20's so I tend to have fliers, other then the fliers though it shoots where I want it.

P.S. Even on a real steel gun after drowning it in lubricant it will seep out of whatever spot it can... it's totally fine. Better for the gun really...

Edited by stickyittoyou

Sitting at 4 days in customs now, still waiting for my KJW M4. I hope it will clear soon.

Where did you buy it from? I got mine off of Ehobbyasia; took it 5 to 6 days to get to my doorstep. 3 day shipping through USPS; about 3-4 days in Customs; just wait until tonight for a tracking update... because they don't update the tracking numbers until almost midnight.

Edited by stickyittoyou