• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Are you lubricating the BCG? If so, don't. The silicon or whatever lubricant you use can really screw with the hop-up.

Nope, haven't done anything to it. Just got it, put in some green gas, fired some rounds, and :unsure: about the hop up.

After trying a little bit more shrink tubing last night, took out the BCG this morning and looked down the upper to look for the "mound" on the hop up rubber. On "no hop" I can see it. On the highest setting, its down pretty deep. To my disappoint, still can't get much backspin at all. Not getting much, if any, of a hop up effect at all on any setting. Going to sit back and think about it. Even so, I love this thing. :D.

Haha, thread lock? What thread lock?

Anyway, the spring that attaches to the BCG and cylinder went bye-bye, apparently. Didn't notice it until now...

CIMG9199.jpg

CIMG9195.jpg

CIMG9194.jpg

CIMG9198.jpg

CIMG9197.jpg

Damaged cylinder compared to unused cylinder:

CIMG9200.jpg

CIMG9201.jpg

Yikes. Well, at least I've got a back up. The gun still works, I think. In fact, I'm sure it does. I just don't think I should be using it like that...

Also, I was looking into the new cylinder... and there were 2 stock KJW piston cups in there... odd, huh? I think I might revert to that mechanism for a while, to save on x-rings and ensure that loosening doesn't occur again. When I'm up in Maine, I don't think excessive heat will cause many problems.

Edited by poopstania

Haha, thread lock? What thread lock?

Anyway, the spring that attaches to the BCG and cylinder went bye-bye, apparently. Didn't notice it until now...

Yikes. Well, at least I've got a back up. The gun still works, I think. In fact, I'm sure it does. I just don't think I should be using it like that...

Also, I was looking into the new cylinder... and there were 2 stock KJW piston cups in there... odd, huh? I think I might revert to that mechanism for a while, to save on x-rings and ensure that loosening doesn't occur again. When I'm up in Maine, I don't think excessive heat will cause many problems.

It's not that bad up here... lol, it's only in the 80's. Not going to be muggy this week; so it's prime time to play Airsoft.

About the shrink wrap hopup fix;

I used two layers of tubing that I had, which helped my hopup have flatline trajectories around in the middle hopup settings. The gun is the new CQB model with long t_hum's madbull barrel, 0.28g BB's and around 2 joules power with green gas in 20+ celcius temperature. The two last settings now overhop, so now I have adjustment range both up and down.

Of course there's different thickness tubings available, so you just have to test and experiment.

Test-fired the gun...

It seems that the blowback isn't working right because the spring connecting the BCG and cylinder is missing. The hammer no longer cocks after each shot. And it vents a ton of gas each time, too. I'm not sure if it is firing a round; I can't tell.

This kind of sucks... maybe I can find a suitable spring.

About the shrink wrap hopup fix;

I used two layers of tubing that I had, which helped my hopup have flatline trajectories around in the middle hopup settings. The gun is the new CQB model with long t_hum's madbull barrel, 0.28g BB's and around 2 joules power with green gas in 20+ celcius temperature. The two last settings now overhop, so now I have adjustment range both up and down.

Of course there's different thickness tubings available, so you just have to test and experiment.

I'm beginning to wonder if the barrel could be the culprit. Going to wait until I get t_hums barrel and see if it changes anything.

Hello folks,

I just received my new CQB-R in the mail today. I'm quite impressed with it overall - shoots great, feels great, sounds great... it is great. Except for the bolt lock feature.

When I run out of BBs, the bolt lock is very temperamental about working - sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I agonized over the cause of this, and have ultimately determined that the magazine is sitting too low in the rifle. If I push up on the magazine and dry-fire, the bolt locks back 100% of the time.

So in summary, the bolt lock isn't engaged by the magazine's actuator because the magazine is too low. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, does anyone know a good fix for it? Thanks.

Hello folks,

I just received my new CQB-R in the mail today. I'm quite impressed with it overall - shoots great, feels great, sounds great... it is great. Except for the bolt lock feature.

When I run out of BBs, the bolt lock is very temperamental about working - sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't. I agonized over the cause of this, and have ultimately determined that the magazine is sitting too low in the rifle. If I push up on the magazine and dry-fire, the bolt locks back 100% of the time.

So in summary, the bolt lock isn't engaged by the magazine's actuator because the magazine is too low. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, does anyone know a good fix for it? Thanks.

Sounds like you have an early version magazine with the weaker follower spring. Part # M14, once this is changed out it will work perfectly,,,

Sounds like you have an early version magazine with the weaker follower spring. Part # M14, once this is changed out it will work perfectly,,,

That's interesting - the CQB-R is a newer rifle, but it was paired with an older magazine? Was the magazine revision done before the CQB-R came out?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it's something that simple! Thanks a lot.

That's interesting - the CQB-R is a newer rifle, but it was paired with an older magazine? Was the magazine revision done before the CQB-R came out?

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it's something that simple! Thanks a lot.

Hard to say as one can never really tell about the magazine unless one pulls the spring and verifies the thickness.

The old revision of spring is Identical EXCEPT for the thickness. The New Springs are Thicker,,,

Awesome, now at 7 days in customs. I am beginning to think I won't be getting my KJW m4. Anyone have any ideas on something I can do to get it out of customs?

It might be out of customs. I recieved mine from E Hobby Asia in 8 days after shipping, and it still said it was in customs for days AFTER i received the package, lol. Everything was intact except there was sharpie over every 'M4' name on the box. In doubt, you can call them (customs) and ask about your package. KJW M4 GBBrs are still legal stateside, so it probably won't hurt to see whats up.

It might be out of customs. I recieved mine from E Hobby Asia in 8 days after shipping, and it still said it was in customs for days AFTER i received the package, lol. Everything was intact except there was sharpie over every 'M4' name on the box. In doubt, you can call them (customs) and ask about your package. KJW M4 GBBrs are still legal stateside, so it probably won't hurt to see whats up.

Yea, I called them and all they told me was airsoft guns usually take longer to inspect. I don't believe a week to inspect an airsoft gun is necessary. I mean really, how long could it take to open a box look at it, see the orange tip, etc. and put it back in the box. This is ridiculous.

Got my KJW today, I am IN LOVE!! Quick question guys, what optics do you guys use and which stand up to the recoil? Will an ACM eotech work or should I go with something like a G&P aimpoint? Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

I use an ATN Ultra Sight; it's pricey... lol 200 when I bought it, but I think Walmart has it on sale for 130 now.

The mags really are out of stock everywhere, even in the small HK shops that don't have websites so can only sell locally...

Hopefully will be back in stock soon, don't really want to skirmish on 3 mags.

I have to skirmish on 1 mag tomorrow. hahaha This is why I carry 3 speed loaders that are full. Going to be weird having to be precise on my shots; it'll make for good training :)

The mags really are out of stock everywhere, even in the small HK shops that don't have websites so can only sell locally...

Hopefully will be back in stock soon, don't really want to skirmish on 3 mags.

I just bought a spare mag from here, and they still seem to have them in stock: http://www.rodes.dk/Hardball/Gas-vaaben/Magasiner/M4A1-Gasblowback-magasin

It looked like they will ship internationally, but as far as I remember the price for just the shipping was DKr 150 / $26 / €20. And the magazines themselves are not cheap either at DKr 499 / $ 87 / €67

It is a Danish website, but there is a pretty good chance that they speak english so you could try contacting them at salg@rodes.dk