Ouch, over $100 shipped for a single magazine, lol, I think I'll take my chances with 3, but thanks anyway :)

stickit, do you mean 3 of those annoying tube-things that we have to use to load the mags? or actual speedloaders? If so how do you make normal speedloaders work with the KJ mags?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Ouch, over $100 shipped for a single magazine, lol, I think I'll take my chances with 3, but thanks anyway :)

stickit, do you mean 3 of those annoying tube-things that we have to use to load the mags? or actual speedloaders? If so how do you make normal speedloaders work with the KJ mags?

i mean the small plastic loaders that you click to load fast; If you hold your thumb in the right spot you can do it. :)

Just had 1st skirmish with it today, did fine with 3 mags, good range/accuracy.

One problem I noticed, it doesn't like shooting in full auto. Full auto shots seem to have less power, and low ROF, as well as ROF being irregular. Semi however is perfect. Whats wrong?

Using cradle velocity adjuster with 1x 0.45 (or is it 0.40? Website says 0.40 yet on p.60 of this thread and in the instruction video, it says 0.45) and the hollow bolt carrier extension.

it is .040". Typo. Sorry.

Are your mag valves sticky AT ALL? Second thing to check is one of the springs on the auto sear. Its been covered here twice so far but I dont recall the specifics of what to check. Raven1 or someone else who has done this please comment...

t_hum Correct, Auto sear spring will slow your rate of fire if it is in the incorrect orientation.

@ Sirrith

Double check the springs for your auto sear are in the correct orientation. First the locking Spring for the auto sear pin ( Part # 76 )

If the auto sear ( Part # 57 ) is not freely moving properly it will affect ROF or in some cases if the auto sear spring ( Part # 72 ) doesn't hold the Bolt Carrier Group will not fully cycle.

Verify that the auto sear spring is properly seated On Top of the Hammer Pin ( Part # 65 ) which also lock that hammer pin down and keeps it from sliding out.

Just had 1st skirmish with it today, did fine with 3 mags, good range/accuracy.

One problem I noticed, it doesn't like shooting in full auto. Full auto shots seem to have less power, and low ROF, as well as ROF being irregular. Semi however is perfect. Whats wrong?

Using cradle velocity adjuster with 1x 0.45 (or is it 0.40? Website says 0.40 yet on p.60 of this thread and in the instruction video, it says 0.45) and the hollow bolt carrier extension.

Try checking full auto using Tokyo Marui gas instead of Top Gas. I'm getting the same erratic full auto behaviour using Top Gas and when I tried Tokyo Marui gas, it works perfectly.

Good news. KJW intends to improve Upper Receiver:

Hi Amadem,

Thanks your take care me.

We’re adjusting this part #1(upper receiver) to make stronger now.

I suggest you wait for 2 or 3 weeks that will be finished the new #1.

Would you want to wait for it?

Thanks!

Clare

That is good news. Its probably one of the only significant flaws in the system. Now if we can just find a way to get them to owners in the states...

Also wanted to ask if there would be any interest for a new BCG for this gun that incorporated both the carrier extension and piston into one piece?

Edited by t_hum

That is good news. Its probably one of the only significant flaws in the system. Now if we can just find a way to get them to owners in the states...

Also wanted to ask if there would be any interest for a new BCG for this gun that incorporated both the carrier extension and piston into one piece?

Most def, do you have any specific details, or are you just placing feelers for now?

Most def, do you have any specific details, or are you just placing feelers for now?

A little bit of both. Its been something Ive worked on here and there for a while now. Its mostly done but would just need to be sourced for manufacture. The whole concept was to eliminate the need to buy the piston and extension and instead just combine those into one part with the advantages being no fasteners or fits to depend on and a more solid part all around. Material would be hard anodized 7075 billet, again made here in the states. Cost should be fairly reasonable though there are a few features which could be potentially difficult to machine.

Also hope to incorporate a new feature which should enhance gas efficiency and cyclic rate but need some important information back from the company Ive been in contact with who will supply the component. Details coming soon.

put through another bag of .25g BBs...that puts my bb count to approximately 20,000 rounds (not including the countless dry firing I have subjected the gun to).

I have busted 4 rubber bands, and bolt stop catch. I have damaged/chipped my loading nozzle's rear cylinder (still functional). I have replaced my hop bucking (just cause I had 5 of them laying around).

I have the Cradle Airsoft O-ring piston (my original o-ring has held up nicely) and extended bolt carrier. I should be able to post pics of the wear on my loading nozzle's back cylinder area after about 14-15k rounds the next couple of days. The damage isn't that bad compared to stickittoyou's.

Ok I tried 134a gas with my m4, and the full auto seems to be way better with that, though still a few hiccups here and there, not great gas efficiency though.. Will try lubing valve more and I'll take her apart when I have time to look at the spring.

btw, did something happen with the STANAG mags cradle airsoft was working on?

Edited by sirrith

Raven, did you ever end up posting up the proper maintenance of magazines? I'm getting nervous now after about 4 games of running my KJ that I should take apart the mag to clean it, but don't want to venture in without someone telling me what to expect. I hate when I open something, and a small piece rolls across my desk that I don't recognize. Any help?

btw, did something happen with the STANAG mags cradle airsoft was working on?

They have been put on the back burner while I finish these WA bolt carrier groups. They are nearly done. Just wrapping up fitment testing. Functional prototypes are next.