Raven, did you ever end up posting up the proper maintenance of magazines? I'm getting nervous now after about 4 games of running my KJ that I should take apart the mag to clean it, but don't want to venture in without someone telling me what to expect. I hate when I open something, and a small piece rolls across my desk that I don't recognize. Any help?

I have many pages ago.

Please PM me and I will answer any and all questions you have regarding the magazines.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hi there to all of you KJW M4 lovers!

I have recently also joined the Brotherhood of Tanio.

All I can say is WOW!

I have been airsofting for about a year and even though I have caught the 'bug' really bad, I just felt the guns were missing that edge. I was about to buy the WE M4 and then the guys from Airsoft Armoury in UK told me about the KJW M4, they said 'read the thread on Arnies'. So I did, got to about page 24 and ordered one!

I played first game with it last Sunday, man thats what I am talking about!! The missing link so to speak.

Having now read the entire thread would like to say big thanks to Raven for your input, really helped to make up my mind, as it has with many people I am sure. Also to T_Hum, great work with the aftermarket parts, I have PM'd you with a order!

For those of you still not sure??? DO IT!

Redbarron

'Happy huntin'

Just wanted to post my DIY success!!

Replacement Spring

I got a set of these for pretty cheap on Amazon here.

They had too much tension to use just one, but I attached two together and linked them securely. Now, my rifle is shooting better than before, presumably because the springs are higher quality.

So, if any of you guys need replacement BCG-cylinder springs, these are quite suitable.

Ok I tried 134a gas with my m4, and the full auto seems to be way better with that, though still a few hiccups here and there, not great gas efficiency though.. Will try lubing valve more and I'll take her apart when I have time to look at the spring.

btw, did something happen with the STANAG mags cradle airsoft was working on?

I'm in the process of machining an adapter to use the portable stove/hot pot butane gas can. Rumor has it that it's between TM 134a and Top gas in terms of power. I can pass one to you when I'm done.

Anybody has any theory on why here in HK, FA does not work properly using Top Gas/Propane in our summer weather, 33+C/90%humidity but 134a aka Marui gas works? Is the pressure generated in the magazine hindering the FA cycle?

Sirrith is using T-hum's velocity reducer and I am not using any but we both have FA issues using Top Gas/Propane. So could it be excessive carrier/BCG speed or high FA cyclic rate causing FA firing issue.

So, how can I reduce cyclic rate? Change to heavier buffer spring or increase buffer weight or increase carrier/BCG weight?

Any ideas?

thanks.

I think KJW still sells items to the US, just not upper or lower receivers. In the event they wont sell to you I know there are several members of the forum and thread who have a stash of spares they may be willing to sell you if you ask.

Does anyone have a spare BCG they could sell me? Mine broke under the piston; the small metal plate-like protrusion directly underneath the piston snapped when its corner got caught on the edge of the mag. Send me a message if you guys have a BCG you're willing to sell me ;)

Edited by Mental Medic

Concern is begining to grow within me with regards to lack of replacement parts for this platform; nearly to the point that I am comtemplating selling out of what I have... replacement bands aside, I'm more concerned with upper / lower receiver parts not being available to US customers, and this is the same reason that I have yet to skermish this rifle, as i could not afford to damage it. And now there is a magazine shortage to boot... I picked up 4 extra magazines when I made my initial purchase, so I can play with 5. But should I seriously muck one or two of these up, could I get more?

Granted, this is the most reliable GBBR platform out there (so I have read, I have only ever owned the KJW), but I am bound to wear something out... should I ever start to play it. Tell me US players, why are you holding on?

Do not get me wrong, I love the rifle, it is sweet looking in stock form, or how ever your imagination dresses it out to kill. And plinking out in the field has been awesome... but I detest "hanger queens"! Will we ever see support for this platform, like we see for the others? Like most of you, I have a lot invested in the rifle... I am need of some return on said investment, or I may be compelled to sell out to recoop some of my feared losses... and replace with an AEG (dear god help me)nosleep.gif

I've been skirmishing multiple times with the rifle, and when things go poorly, I come up with a fix and move on.

I do, however feel wary sometimes -- there's an Operation this upcoming weekend, and I want to use my rifle, but don't want it to explode. I am seriously considering getting an AEG of similar performance and appearance (except for the FPS) for when this happens.

I can't skirmish with mine at this point. I only own a single magazine since theres none out there (Which, is usually enough for a game when I play...) but now my rubber band went and I've tried several substitutions for KJW's normal band, and none work correctly. So far as I know, I can't even order a rubber band from them. I've gotten no response from KJW as of yet. I'm close to selling mine, though I don't think I will. Hopefully parts will come soon.

I can't skirmish with mine at this point. I only own a single magazine since theres none out there (Which, is usually enough for a game when I play...) but now my rubber band went and I've tried several substitutions for KJW's normal band, and none work correctly. So far as I know, I can't even order a rubber band from them. I've gotten no response from KJW as of yet. I'm close to selling mine, though I don't think I will. Hopefully parts will come soon.

You should give it another shot. I just recently ordered a couple of rubber bands and replacement magazine follower springs from Clare. In what seems to be an unusual occurrence, my initial request for an invoice only took about two days to get a reply to.

At this point, I'm only concerned about KJW's refusal to ship receivers to the U.S. Even magazines will become available from time to time; I bought three from Airsplat a week or two ago, after waiting for them to restock.

Edited by Gnarboots333

What, I'm confused :/

My gun's been without the rubber band since day 1, and it's been working fine great. Are we talking about the same rubber band?

And yes, you can still get replacement parts. I don't know what kind of abuse you guys put your rifle through, but I really can't see catastrophic failure on the upper or lower without using it as a sledgehammer, or hitting it with one.

I'd be surprised if your gun is running properly without the band that connects the loading nozzle to bolt carrier. Nobody is claiming catastrophic failure but the cracking that some have experienced in both the upper and lower under normal use is unacceptable.

Just to put tis out there publicly: ive gotten a lot of emails recently asking for both receivers and burst kits to be made. I won't be making either of those for legal reasons. I'm not willing to risk making any of those parts. I'd like to try to stock some stock KJW parts but I'm not sure yet how cooperative they will be.

Remember guys that there is a new receiver that will be available. This probably means they are doing a BIT of remodeling on parts; this would mean that new parts are being replaced with newer versions and are no longer being stocked; and produced... Wait it out guys... wait it out.

Hi Amadem,

Thanks your take care me.

We’re adjusting this part #1(upper receiver) to make stronger now.

I suggest you wait for 2 or 3 weeks that will be finished the new #1.

Would you want to wait for it?

Thanks!

Clare

Either that or you're not getting any compression Donut... Is your BCG even actuating? Must be stuck closed then; if it didn't have the rubber band above the BCG the piston cup, the rest of the bolt would extend too far from the cup; This is what causes most problems with the cup being chipped on either side. \/

What, I'm confused :/

My gun's been without the rubber band since day 1, and it's been working fine great. Are we talking about the same rubber band?

And yes, you can still get replacement parts. I don't know what kind of abuse you guys put your rifle through, but I really can't see catastrophic failure on the upper or lower without using it as a sledgehammer, or hitting it with one.