• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Should just go back in. There is a small detent pin that may keep it from going back in easily. Hold the little pin down with something small from the opposite side (chop sticks or a pen will do) and then insert the takedown pin back into the gun.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

There's no way to remove the detent pin from behind by removing the stock/buffer tube is there? (I just made the problem even worse by the worst possible luck in choosing the "something small" to hold the pin down with. It'd almost be funny if it wasn't so depressing)

The handiest small chopstick shaped item was this plastic mini fishing rod toy kinda thing which conveniently had holes THE EXACT SIZE of the detent pin at 1 cm intervals. Pretty sure you can guess what happened when I pushed it through to hold the detent pin in place... ><

Edit: Any chance you could walk me through removing the stock tube and plate? I feel like I'm one horribly unlucky mistake/oversight away from having to throw the gun into the parts bin.

Edited by JLiu

If you take the buttstock off (pull the adjustment lever instead of squeezing it), there will be a screw head on back of the buffer tube. This hold the buffer spring (which is very large) inside the tube. Remove the screw, but keep that in mind. The buffer tube external should then slide off, along with the plate.

hey guys just a quick question... while cleaning my m4 today two smaller parts, a spring and what seems to be a cap for the spring fell out of my piston cup today... i have no idea as to how to put them back in? when checking the manual the parts are supposed to be 17, and 17a and 35 being the spring but only that one black cap fell out and it looks nothing like the parts displayed in the manual. its really weird and i was wondering i figured you guys would know about this... heres a link to the parts mentioned. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=66582&do=view_album&album=1763

Occasionally you will need to look up through the magazine well and verify that the plunger is fully seated against the pin that passes through both sides of the BCG.

The Sequence of Installation is:

Screw In Round Pin ( Part # 24 ) is removed from the Left Side of the Bolt Cup ( Part # 15 )

The plunger ( Part # 17 ) comes out next.

Followed by the Spring ( Part # 35 )

To Install hold the Bolt Cup NOZZLE Pointing Straight Down

Drop In Spring ( Part # 35 )

Drop In Plunger ( Part # 17 ) with O-Ring ( Part # 17A ) Installed Onto Plunger

Use A Ball Point Pen or Similar to Verify the plunger closes and seats into the inside of the nozzle easily.

If it does not then there is some debris there that needs to be cleaned/removed.

Once you are Sure The Plunger is moving freely and seating smoothly.

Push down on the plunger with ball point pen or similar.

This will allow the Screw in round pin to be installed from the side of the bolt cup.

Pass the screw in round pin Over the plunger and fasten down screw in round pin once you see it is capturing and holding the plunger.

In Short the plunger is slammed shut by pressure from the expanding gases.

The gases flow around the 4 internal orifices of the plunger.

BB is expelled out of the inner barrel.

Pressure continues to climb and over comes the plunger spring ( Part # 35 ) pressure.

Closing the Plunger ( Part # 17 ) against its O-Ring Seal ( Part # 17A ) .

Pressure Continues to rise pushing back against the piston driving the carrier into the buffer tube.

The Phenomenon here is the Plastic Construction of the Plunger ( Part # 17 ) is it deteriorates over time and WILL Crack.

When It Does Crack it breaks apart from the constant stress of cycling the bolt carrier group.

This also destroys the Spring ( Part # 35 ) and O-Ring Seal ( Part # 17A ) Along with it.

I seriously recommend using the Cradle Piston as it is Billet Aluminum and will never break apart.

From then on all you will need to do is replace the spring ( Part # 35 ) every 5000 BBs shot.

Edited by Raven1
  • Like 1

I regret to inform you all that I must give up my KJW M4 CQB rifle... I've come to this decision because I am going through money issues, and I need to pay bills off.

Hi,

Your link to your sales page is broken. But in any case, is the sale still up? How much are you looking to sell your rifle and may I have pics please? I'm currently in Thailand so if "exporting" is an issue for you, let me know, thanks

Hi,

Your link to your sales page is broken. But in any case, is the sale still up? How much are you looking to sell your rifle and may I have pics please? I'm currently in Thailand so if "exporting" is an issue for you, let me know, thanks

It isn't broken, you just have to have 100 posts before you can view classifieds on this site.

I'm glad to report that King Arms high grade sling adapter has been installed onto my KJW M4. Fitting is a bit tight but nothing to worry about :) I've scratched some of the paint from the stock tube. For more information on mentioned sling adapter follow the link: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/sling-swivels/king-arms-high-grade-sling-adapter.html

Price is reasonable and quality is very good to excellent. My recommendation to all user that cannot afford DD or TD sling adapters.

This is how it looks like on my M4:

IMG_9484.jpg

Edited by dotty3107

Ok, so from last night until just now, my KJW GBBR has gone from this:

CIMG9370.jpg

To this:

CIMG9386.jpg

CIMG9389.jpg

In response to just receiving my RS LaRue handguard. It is awesome. And I definitely enjoy SBRs -- the other one was a bit too heavy and "out there."

Now I need to replace the grip with a MagPul MOE or MIAD -- wasn't there some problem with those on the KJW? I am putting either my Troy BUIS or my LMT BUIS on there, and need to make a FH work with this incorrectly-threaded barrel.

Thoughts?

If you use the real MIAD grip you'll have to use the original grip screw and the detent pin and spring for the selector go straight down, opposed to out at 45 degrees as the MIAD is designed for. I just wedged a small piece of scrap metal into the grip, you'll be able to see where it needs to go when you see the MIAD grip, and it works fine.

I also changed my KJW M4 look yesterday. All Magpul parts (FG) are removed and my KJW is converted to SOPMOD.

IMG_9480.jpg

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9482.jpg

Kit list:

- Element LaRue 7.0 RAS

- Element LaRue Tactical BUIS

- G&P QD Raider Foregrip

- ACM Aimpoint replika

- King Arms High Grade Sling Adapter

- Element M600c Flashlight (not included on the picture)

Can anyone confirm information that the reinforced upper receiver is/will be made by KJW? I also have small crack on mine and would like to change it.

Edited by dotty3107

I sent a question to G&P about production of full metal body for KJW M4 a week ago. They responded to my e-mail yesterday:

"Dear Tomislav,

We do not have plans to make metal body for KJW M4 in the future.

G&P Webmaster"

Guess we're all stuck with KJW upper for now :( Maybe some other company will recognize the quality of this platform and will start to produce some after market parts.

At least I hope that KJW will make reinforced upper sometime soon. Cause this is the only weak point of this GBBR so far IMHO.

Edited by dotty3107

@ Raven1

thanks man i already talked to claire and plan on getting 2 sets of the three parts that broke along with a rubber band. as far as the cradle piston i guess im gonna have to get it now... but, in time. where im going i wont be airsofting for quite some time. thanks again man.

Ok, so from last night until just now, my KJW GBBR has gone from this:

To this:

In response to just receiving my RS LaRue handguard. It is awesome. And I definitely enjoy SBRs -- the other one was a bit too heavy and "out there."

Now I need to replace the grip with a MagPul MOE or MIAD -- wasn't there some problem with those on the KJW? I am putting either my Troy BUIS or my LMT BUIS on there, and need to make a FH work with this incorrectly-threaded barrel.

Thoughts?

Why are you posting pictures of your airsoft GBBR on AR15.com?

You may recall a computer rendering I posted a few weeks ago of a new BCG design made from billet 7075. Ive had it rapid prototyped and have the following pic to show. The design is going to have a new feature or two added that Im carrying over from the WA project. The basic premise is that you can buy just one part and have almost everything I offer in just one component rather than buying and fitting various parts to your stock carrier. And its more durable to boot.

photo2.jpg