• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

It performs quite incredibly for a gas rifle in cold weather. This I can say. You may not be able to auto dump it effectively, but at 29 degree F weather, winter shooting went great. I could empty all rounds in every one of my 8 magazines and have the bolt lock to rear. Dumping the mag was not as good, it went about half way. But burst firing, so long as it was not more than 2-3 shots, could get the same result as shooting it on semi. Granted, the recoil was much less sharp and I am quite sure the fps was not as high, but I was able to get a few kills in a skirmish. It really isnt bad for a little below freezing temp. Though I cant prove it was that cold that day, here's a vid of my gun being fired that day.

Edited by Kai_Wolf
  • Like 1

I'd skirmished it 5 games and i'm running 7 mags. I have never had a problem of completely running out of ammo. 80% of the time i'm only using 3 mags and reloading with speed loader during down times while still playing. It really depends on what kind of games you play but i'd say even if you only had 3 mag you'd still be having a buttload of fun with this gun. One problem is if you lose the tube loader your screwed, i lost my tube and tube plunger last game =( I emailed clare and got 4 more tubes and 3 more magazine covers, each were only a couple of bucks US. If you bring it out to the field don't lose it!

hello friends..have been a long time...i have a question...what kind of one point sling adapter the tanio uses...real steel milspec or is it civilian spec?....do you think this one works???

PGRSABLKTROY.jpg

thanks in advance...

p.d. this image is of a Troy Industries Professional Grade Sling Adapter

Edited by slipknot1971

I'm glad to report that King Arms high grade sling adapter has been installed onto my KJW M4. Fitting is a bit tight but nothing to worry about smile.gif I've scratched some of the paint from the stock tube. For more information on mentioned sling adapter follow the link: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/accessories/sling-swivels/king-arms-high-grade-sling-adapter.html

Price is reasonable and quality is very good to excellent. My recommendation to all user that cannot afford DD or TD sling adapters.

This is how it looks like on my M4:

IMG_9484.jpg

it's funny you know...i went to the last page of the thread to post a question about a sling adapter...EXACTLY THE SAME YOU POST ON YOUR REPLICA PICS...LOL....hahahaha...now i know that i can buy it for sure..anda that it fits well the replica...so odd...cheers!

I've widened the opening on the mag loader cap using sandpaper, in order for it to fit a speed loader -- now I don't need any other tools!

I only have one mag, and people with high-caps run out of ammo more quickly than me.

I just tried that, it works but i feel like the speedloader is about to break, there isn't enough pressure to push the bb's down. What speed loader are you using?

Could you take pictures?

Has anyone else been able to get the mag to accept a speed loader?

Edited by alex chang

Just about finished my KJW build. Here are some pics and the specs of what is on it.

KJW M4 CQBR

Eotech 551 replica

Tango Down QD grip

Tango Down rail covers

Rear flip BUIS

Daniel Defense offset flashlight mount with Surefire 6p

America F**k Yeah!! dust cover

Will get better pics when I get my camera.

CIMG0050.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

Edited by nickthebrick65

@t_hum:I have a question for you and I need your expert opinion. Do you think it's possible to make an upper receiver by yourself? Friend of mine is turn-milling expert and he's got all the tools needed for such project. I have no patience to wait for KJW to make new upper so I'm thinking of self production. But it's still just a thought.

So, what do you think? All advices are welcome.

It's possible. It's also going to be a ton of work even if the first one functions propely. If not, you've got to make another. Your friend is the one who needs to make that call. IMO, I'd rather spend all that time working at my job and earn enough money to buy a whole new KJW.

The receiver would be easiest to make on a cnc machine. So you've got to factor in the following:

Build 3D model: 10-20 hours

Verify dimensions and tolerances: 5-10 hours

Program CNC G-code: 5+ hours (using cam software and working out the bugs)

Buying tools and material: 2 hours

Setup time: 2-3 hours

Attending machine and changing clamping arrangement and fixtures: 3-4 hours

I think those are conservative estimations btw. Upper receivers are quite complex parts. It's not a job I'd commit to lightly.