First of all, thank you for your answer. I must say that money is not a problem and it's not the reason why I'm trying to do this thing. I have it enough to buy new upper receiver or even the whole M4. I just see so much potential within this platform and it's pity that body of KJW M4 isn't made of better quality materials.

You're absolutely right about how demanding this project is. I'll talk to my friend over the weekend and then we'll decide what to do. His expertize will play the leading role in whole decision making process. I'll let you know the outcome.

Edited by dotty3107
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Wow I just spent hrs reading all 130 pages of this thread. I'm in the market for a gbb and the kjw definitely sounds like the ideal gun. It's not without its problems though, but despite part wear it seems to run regardless which says something. I don't really want to read all the threads on the WE system, but it is my general understanding that with a couple readily available aftermarket parts it could perform like a champ. Is it possible to have a reliable we m4 without having to constantly dump money is what I'm asking. I just wish the kjw m4 had more models and more aftermarket support.

It's actually just a rapid prototype made from a starch based powder with an epoxy binder. I have ABS/Polycarb blend versions being made right now that are strong enough for testing. Same goes for the WA carrier.

Very nice, thanks for the info!

Can't wait to hear more updates and thanks again.

-Luis

Finally got to take the KJW out to the field today. I must say this is the most impressed I have been with a replica to date. Shots were precise and everything on the gun worked flawless. I chronoed high for CQB at 340 fps with .25's. However, using the velocity reducer I just added a .20 spacer to the .80 spacer I had on there already and that brought me down to 280 with .25's. I did, however, have a problem with one of the mags. Two of my mags could be inserted into the gun no matter what, however, one could only be inserted when the bolt was locked back by the bolt catch. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is? Anyways, completely happy with the gun, can't wait to head to the field again next weekend.

Thanks for the reply. I will only load around 27 rounds from now on then, I didn't know it could mess up the springs in my weapon. It sounds like it may have been loaded with too many rounds. Could loading a mag with too many rounds, then inserting it when the bolt is back have any adverse effects on the weapon, such as the loading nozzle? Again, thank you for the reply.

Edit: Can someone tell me if part number 15 is the loading nozzle on the BCG? I just want to make sure it is before I put my order in with Clare. I am going to order an extra rubber band, bolt catch and loading nozzle. Thanks guys.

Edited by nickthebrick65

Is it possible to have a reliable we m4 without having to constantly dump money is what I'm asking.

Yes. It is possible...

...but you'd propably have to dump a LOT of money before that, upgrading all the crappy WE internals (steel hammer etc), especially if you plan to use the WE CO2 magazines and be prepared to do a lot of modifications yourself. With KJ you can just take it out of the box and blast away. Only a couple of parts, pretty low price and easy to install, are recommended if you want a long life for your rifle. I personally switched from WE to KJ just because I was fed up with WE's leaking mags and poor accuracy. My current KJ in it's L119A1 setup with t_hum's madbull tightbore and the shrink-wrap hopup fix it's now the most accurate airsoft gun I've ever had (including all the AEG's I've had). It's not only fun as hell, but it's also pretty efficient gun in the field.

I have wanted this gun for over a year and have payed close attention to this thread throughout the entire time. I have been waiting/hoping for the release of co2 mags (and co2 compatible internals if required) but I'm losing hope... Do you think co2 mags will ever be released for this platform?

I'm sure they would sell a lot of units, I can't see why they haven't (if the internals can't handle it accompanying parts could be released aswell surely).

Cheers

The reason that the other platforms have done it is more down to efficiency and reliability of that system than improved performance, although I can definitely understand the convenience of just slotting in a CO2 capsule since they're easy to carry around.

This is exactly why I am looking for the co2 mags for it, it's reliability combined with the convenience of co2 capsules would be great :)

problem ..i just got the gun last week.. yah! :D then,. after the a few mags shot.. the mag outflow valve rubber was out it place .. so all gas just PUF...gas all gone at once,..n i have to fix it... then during the game.. I manage to broke 2 more mags..same problem. :flamed: i just used green gas on semi... temp here in bangkok 32c or 90f.. humidity 80%

.. was this a common problem for any of u ... or i just got lemon mags.. ?? can any one give me an idea how to prevent this... did i just filled the mag too much green gas.. how about normal gas? :mellow:

cheers guys :P

Edited by niust