Cheers for the heads up, I'll drop him a pm now.

T_hum does not see it as a practical project due the costs(understandable). It seems as if there simply isn't the demand for the mags and the platform does have a fairly small customer base so I don't see this happening sadly unless someone with ability is willing to take a risk. If there is significant support/interest for co2 mags drop me a pm or something and we will get some sort of petition going in attempt to convince a manufacturer however I can't see much support for it even though the appeal for co2 is so great to me and others I know.

Any other ideas for getting some made?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Ill go ahead and chime in here publicly as well. Like I mentioned to Gunner, the cost of developing the GG mag is plenty high and it is certainly the most demanded style. It also happens to be a little less expensive to manufacture and test. I have a hard time justifying the added cost of then doing a co2 revision for a considerably smaller market which will also cost more. Ive had a few people asking me to do a limited run or a custom run of these with the expectations that theyd be affordable. The sad reality is these are expensive things to make even in bulk. Additionally, in order to cover my behind and protect my family, I simply wont make a magazine without having it properly tested to insure safety. Its a pressurized vessel. It will require proper testing.

This may be disappointing to some. Sorry.

I have been waiting/hoping for the release of co2 mags

You dream of CO2 mags. I dream of GG mags. I ordered them on Friday. WGC delayed quotation of one day and guess what? Remark says: back-order. The same applies to guns. CQB version had 'in stock' status only one day longer. They products are going like hot cakes but KJW obviously does not see it. I truly do not understand this.

Personally I prefer regular gas mags for their ease of use. Yes, I think CO2 mags are pain in the *albatross*. I just hate screwing the endcaps, replenishing a new capsule and then screwing the cap back on. So much easier just to to top up the mags with GG when I reload, and after that in the game I don't have to worry if there's enough gas in the capsule left. If there's bb's, theres gas too (thanks to the reliable KJ mags). I carry enough mags (six of them) with me, plus a pistol with a couple of mags. So it has to be a really long game when that's not enough.

I'll chime in here.

T_hum mentioned a few pages back he knew someone who was in the process of producing some Co2 mags. That would be me!

I am planning on getting together with T_hum soon to bump some ideas around and a possible collaboration. I Am actually good friends with Raven_1 who pointed me to the KJ platform some time back. Over the last few months I have been developing both a GG and co2 version of STANAG and PMAG's.

Without going too far into details, they will be similar in design to most after market WA type mags. The differences will be that the materials are much better and much more refined, and hopefully I will keep the price point below $50/mag.

Any questions feel free to ask. I am quite busy lately so I may not respond to a PM or thread quickly But I'll do my best to answer any questions.

As far as my testing goes, since receiving my 'testing' gun on the 24th of august, I have put about 1500 rounds through it with no serious problems. Only some chipping on the piston cup.

I'll chime in here.

T_hum mentioned a few pages back he knew someone who was in the process of producing some Co2 mags. That would be me!

I am planning on getting together with T_hum soon to bump some ideas around and a possible collaboration. I Am actually good friends with Raven_1 who pointed me to the KJ platform some time back. Over the last few months I have been developing both a GG and co2 version of STANAG and PMAG's.

Without going too far into details, they will be similar in design to most after market WA type mags. The differences will be that the materials are much better and much more refined, and hopefully I will keep the price point below $50/mag.

Any questions feel free to ask. I am quite busy lately so I may not respond to a PM or thread quickly But I'll do my best to answer any questions.

As far as my testing goes, since receiving my 'testing' gun on the 24th of august, I have put about 1500 rounds through it with no serious problems. Only some chipping on the piston cup.

awesomeyt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is awesome.

Please keep us updated on the progress of them, especially for that price I would be interested in buying lots :)

How will you be selling them? Through PM's on forums?

Cheers :D

awesomeyt.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is awesome.

Please keep us updated on the progress of them, especially for that price I would be interested in buying lots :)

How will you be selling them? Through PM's on forums?

Cheers :D

I will. There will be some prototypes in the next 60 days. It just takes time and money, two things I don't have a lot of these days.

I'll be selling them through my existing E-commerce site in a special section : Southwest Defense

So the CO2 mags don't require any internal reinforcement?

they will be adjustable in pressure for different climates. However, I will recommend T_Hum's upcoming bolt and a few small items that will be beneficial for long term durability.

Remove the retractable stock.

Loosen the 1.5mm hex screw.

Remove the buffer tube's end cap.

Slide off the buffer tube.

Tighten the brass tube.

Slide in the buffer tube.

Install and tighten the buffer tube's end cap.

Tighten the 1.5mm hex screw.

Install the retractable stock.

This should fix your wobble.

problem ..i just got the gun last week.. yah! :D then,. after the a few mags shot.. the mag outflow valve rubber was out it place .. so all gas just PUF...gas all gone at once,..n i have to fix it... then during the game.. I manage to broke 2 more mags..same problem. :flamed: i just used green gas on semi... temp here in bangkok 32c or 90f.. humidity 80%

.. was this a common problem for any of u ... or i just got lemon mags.. ?? can any one give me an idea how to prevent this... did i just filled the mag too much green gas.. how about normal gas? :mellow:

cheers guys :P

since nobody know about the problem.... i ordered 5 mags... and every out flow valves rubber have problem... after 30 rounds... every mag got this problem.. i have to order key valve and readjust o-ring .. and greased it up... now the problem is gone.. look like the o-ring were too loose in my all magazines... I think i will use standard gas now...

P

So the CO2 mags don't require any internal reinforcement?

I wouldn't have thought so. I have Co2 mags for my WE M9 and on green gas mags it does 310fps on Co2 mags it is around 340fps. So it is only a little more powerful but much more consistent. I dunno how WE managed to screw up the M4 Co2 mags as there pistol ones are great.

forgive me if this has already been answered but, the only difference between the kjw m4a1 and cqb is the RIS? I'm really tempted to get one of these b/c of its high skirmishability factor!!!! No mags availible!! bummer. I may just get one and wait (like I did with the kwa mp7!!)