Guys I plan to use silicon oil on the seals but for metal on metal parts of the mechanism I feel I'd be better off with a molly grease or possibly even copper grease as I find the silicon grease to be quite gummy at lower temps. What are folks opinions on this?

There are only two places you should be applying ANY lube. The piston cup and the buffer tube. Both need only a light coating. This gun handles best with 100% silicone grease with PTFE in it. This is the stuff we use over here:

pACE3-5758517dt.jpg

Edited by Andrew12
  • Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I'll have a look for something similar over here.

I must say I'm surprised the hammer, sears, trigger, bolt stop etc none of these moving parts get any grease? I realise on a real AR that would likely see a load of grit and sand in its life then its not a good idea to have grease on there but I'll bet the real ones are better built.

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

It arrived, CASV front set, Magpul stock, Magpul AFG fitted almost instantly lol. Just waiting on Cradle parts to arrive as its doing 440 at the moment on Green. (ignore the rear sight waiting to try a MBUS for fit).

Quick question on the hop (can't range test it here) looking down the barrel I cant see much movement from the hop rubber, how obvious should the 'bump' be?

Edited by weekenny

hey guys finally a kjw is in stock, im just wondering what gas should I use this with? And are there any needed upgrades other then mags and scope I would need or is it perfect?

It's always been in stock at airsplat. I would rather pay a few bucks more and know my stuff isn't going to get held up or seized in customs.

It's always been in stock at airsplat. I would rather pay a few bucks more and know my stuff isn't going to get held up or seized in customs.

You sure they have been in stock? I emailed them when it said their KJW m4 mags were "in stock" and they informed me that they were in fact not in stock. Airsplat.com sucks when it comes to that kind of stuff.

You sure they have been in stock? I emailed them when it said their KJW m4 mags were "in stock" and they informed me that they were in fact not in stock. Airsplat.com sucks when it comes to that kind of stuff.

I'm talking about the gun, not the mags. The mags are back in stock all over every week or so, just need to grab them when you can.

I'll be trying to import some mags here shortly, but its tough, even KJ can't keep up.

Make sure to take some pics of the plastic upper. How much was it shipped?

so yeah any upgrades out of the box needed? Or keep it stock?

None needed out of the box, the rifle was quite usable when I owned one. Cradle sells some great upgrades. In my opinion, the one upgrade I would do first is the BCG extension to help protect the lower receiver buffer tube stop. The buffer piston might hit the stop hard enough to break the lower receiver... This has been confirmed on a number of rifles in this thread.

Edited by DRAGON64

None needed out of the box, the rifle was quite usable when I owned one. Cradle sells some great upgrades. In my opinion, the one upgrade I would do first is the BCG extension to help protect the lower receiver buffer tube stop. The buffer piston might hit the stop hard enough to break the lower receiver... This has been confirmed on a number of rifles in this thread.

Just so everyone knows, the latest batches have had the back(buffer side) of the buffer stop/retainer ground down to prevent this.

I'm talking about the gun, not the mags. The mags are back in stock all over every week or so, just need to grab them when you can.

I'll be trying to import some mags here shortly, but its tough, even KJ can't keep up.

Make sure to take some pics of the plastic upper. How much was it shipped?

I understand you are talking about the guns, I am just letting the "question asker" know that he should contact airsplat before making an order with them because they do not update their stock regularly.

Also, I had to dremel my own buffer lock. It didn't come stock from the factory "ground down". It isn't a hard job at all, but it doesn't come already done either. Mine is a CQBR as well and is less than 2 months old.

Edited by nickthebrick65

I understand you are talking about the guns, I am just letting the "question asker" know that he should contact airsplat before making an order with them because they do not update their stock regularly.

Also, I had to dremel my own buffer lock. It didn't come stock from the factory "ground down". It isn't a hard job at all, but it doesn't come already done either. Mine is a CQBR as well and is less than 2 months old.

Really? Hope we are talking about the same thing...Raven1 and I took mine down after I got it three weeks ago and He said it was already done enough not to bother. I have seen him grind down one before, it was more vast than the stock one, but it looks to be about 2-3mm worth off the back of the buffer retainer

bufferretainer.jpg

Really? Hope we are talking about the same thing...Raven1 and I took mine down after I got it three weeks ago and He said it was already done enough not to bother. I have seen him grind down one before, it was more vast than the stock one, but it looks to be about 2-3mm worth off the back of the buffer retainer

Yep, we are talking about the same thing. Mine wasn't don't and neither was Weekenny's. Cool that your's was already done though.

Yep, we are talking about the same thing. Mine wasn't don't and neither was Weekenny's. Cool that your's was already done though.

Indeed. Mine came from a batch at Airsplat. Where did yours come from? Airsplat has been continuing to buy the large batches from KJW. When speaking with their purchasing people they expressed they are currently awaiting a large shipment of mags and will price them very well.

Well im getting the cqb, from ehobby can you guys link the parts for me? I cant seem to find any kjw rifle spare parts or upgraded parts? And how is the one from ra-tech is that good as well?

Why? You are going to pay over $400, so unless you are ordering mags with it..Airsplat has them for $399, use the code "returncustomer" and you will get 5% off, that is $379 plus $12 shipping, that is still less...I would recommend it.

The only sure way to tell if you need a carrier extension is to observe the fit between the buffer and bolt carrier as you shut the receiver. As the receiver pivots downwards the bolt carrier should contact the buffer at about 25 degrees from closed and begin to push the buffer into the buffer tube as you continue to close the receivers. If its not hitting at all or it doesnt touch until its nearly closed the buffer is not sitting far enough back.

Ive never seen one of these reshaped buffer detents. If it is ground down the back surface should be about .050" offset. More is fine, less is bad. If you have one of these detents the above check does not apply.

Edited by t_hum