T_hum said a while back that mags will be coming out in STANAG form (did I hear PMag too, or am I mistaken?). Otherwise, you'll have to look around for the regular mags.

The carrier extension takes stress off the buffer detent so that your lower receiver won't break. It's probably not necessary in the short run, but it's an easy and cheap upgrade that will extend the life of your lower receiver.

Edited by poopstania
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

ok ill get that as well, I wish stagnag or pmags were out and even the inner barrel, the only thing i dont like about this is that its an m4, yeah i know m4 I was looking at this, but to be honest many people have them but for some reason i like this too much or the we m14 or pdw. but then again it seems as this is the most reliable.

Well, I love the AR-15, so that's why I went for this. I love all the options. I love the style. I love the firing mechanism. Et cetera.

If you prefer a different type of gun, don't let possible problems from a weapons platform deter you -- you might be sorry in the end if you don't like the way your weapon looks. If you like the look of an M14 more, get an M14. This is airsoft -- if you weapon dies on you, you can fix it. It won't be prohibitively expensive, and it won't put your like in danger to have a faulty gun.

That said, reliability is nice. I chose the KJW over the Viper and other ones that "can't be distinguished from real steel." I've got real steel, so I don't need something that looks the same but doesn't fire all the time.

There are a number of things that have me excited about this platform. The design has been proven to work, the design is durable, the price is good, and there is a US based small company (Cradle Airsoft) gearing up to make quality parts for it. This last item should not be lightly overlooked. A US based company is going to be able to respond faster to the US market just like an Asian supplier can respond faster to issues in the Asian market. People are already seeing the advantages of having a US based company produce parts. Feedback is almost immediate on these forums and some people can actually drive over to meet the supplier. Awesome.

To me the only platform that is going to surpass the KJW platform (And IMO only in terms of external quality) is the upcoming KWA release of its M4 GBBR for the civilian market. KWA has a track record of awesome products and I expect this one to be awesome also. However, KWA's potential masterpiece is being held hostage by the BATF in the US and is having to get said BATF's approval prior to release. Who knows how long that is going to take in the current political environment in the US? Add to that the likely high price of the KWA (You pay for what you get), the typical debugging period every release has to endure that the KJW has already gone through, and the choice for me is simple. Get the KJW NOW and take a look at the KWA down the road. I should have my KJW any day now :D

We are entering very good times for GBBRs. :)

Does anyone know the correct procedure for a complete magazine take-down? I am getting a leak from the front side of the magazine, in the BB tube (along where part M9 goes). I believe it is a poorly seated o-ring between the magazine body sections.

Looking at the manual, the exploded view doesn't show any pins, so my assumption is that it is a friction-based sliding fit of sorts; correct me if I'm wrong but my guess is that a bit of rubber mallet work should separate the pieces. Can anyone offer some insight as to the dis-assembly?

Thanks.

Does anyone know the correct procedure for a complete magazine take-down? I am getting a leak from the front side of the magazine, in the BB tube (along where part M9 goes). I believe it is a poorly seated o-ring between the magazine body sections.

Looking at the manual, the exploded view doesn't show any pins, so my assumption is that it is a friction-based sliding fit of sorts; correct me if I'm wrong but my guess is that a bit of rubber mallet work should separate the pieces. Can anyone offer some insight as to the dis-assembly?

Thanks.

See that huge *albatross* allen screw on the bottom? unscrew it. Your done.

yeah, i dunno i like the kjw as well, hmm the m14 is interesting as is the pdw..this is a hard choice..dry.gif do you guys suggest the other 2 rifles? If upgrades are needed I will put them in and I do see your point in this.

First, relax, you seem a little amped up!

Do your research, and like anyone who wants something reliable, get a KJW!

I'm running mine right now as a short DMR, basically I am installing a removable pin on the receiver to block FA function so I can shoot up to 617 w/.20. Thats the limits around here. Even with the completely STOCK gun, I am averaging torso shots about 8/10 at 250ft, if not better. Don't believe it? Get a KJW!

by the way I am using either Bioval .27 or Echo1 .28's. the Bioval's are much smaller and would fare even better with my PDI 6.01 installed!

so all i need is the upgrade that t-hum is offering and a innerbarrel by pdi? and get bioval bb's and a couple of mags and im set? And how many mags do you guys suggest? Ill be only firing semi. Hopefully I making a good choice, but ill go with it, if i get bad results im blaming all of you...rolleyes.gif lol. I think the m14 is good but its expensive and so are the other ra-tech customs, but i guess ill get this, even though ive fallen in love with the pdw and m14...hopefully this will be good.

Edited by ahadsz

I've only had one mag since I got it, which was close to a year ago. I've only ever had to do a field reload once.

And, like I said, you don't need a TBB. Nor do you need a specific brand of bbs. This isn't a Ferrari, this is an airsoft gun. As long as you give it decent ammo, it will do what you need it to.

Also, I ran mine stock for at least 5 or 6 months without problems. The only reason I got the upgrades was because I saw Raven1's tests, and wanted mine to stay in good shape (though he's definitely pushing it more than I have).

Again, seriously, if you prefer the look of one gun over another, then don't pick one you don't like. All of these guns fire 6mm plastic pellets with compressed air. The whole point is the looks, in the end.

Edited by poopstania

It was a warm day today, so I used the cradle adjuster to dial in my power, and took the gun out to the field.

I have used it without problem indoors a few times without problem, so was feeling good about using it.

Was shocked to discover that I couldn't get any hop out of it. No matter what position I set the hop dial, I was getting no change.

I have a hard time judging distance, but I think it was having a hard time even reaching 20 meters. It would fire with a pretty strong arc, and I just couldn't get any lift or spin going.

I was using the t-hum trifecta of reducer, piston, and TBB. I still haven't added shrink wrap to the hop-up arm because I still don't have a good sense of how to take it out of the body. I know some people have offered on here how to do it, but I have a hard time visualizing it without pictures or video. I was using .25 BBs with HFC gas (as required by japanese power limits). I wass getting about 79 m/s power.

So I am trying to figure out of it is just a hop arm issue, or if there could be something else wrong.

Any suggestions.

If anyone has a good tutorial on how to take out the hop-up arm please let me know.

Was bummed it didn't work, but it did give me an excuse to play the day with my new MAGPUL ACR. Missed the blow back, but the ACR is a good substitute.

Thanks for any help.

Clean your hop bucking. Make sure its dry.

Also, you could do the heat shrink/shrink tubing mod which adds material to the hop arm (so it engages the hop bucking more). A lot of people on this thread have done the shrink tubing mod (over 9 months ago) and have had positive results with it.

oh, well i do like the kjw, i think ill just get the upgrade hum suggested, other then that ill get this maybe even magpul it a bit, what gas do you suggest? And ill use .28's because of the high fps, and probs get 3 mags.

I suggest Tango Down, like my kjw m4. KJW m4 Pr0n for the win.

dsc01636b.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc01638fp.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First proper test on Sunday 15 mags through with only two issues.

1) On the last mag I got 2 shots before it was out of gas and I'd topped it off with propane just before going to the test range mind you I then tried green gas in the same mag and it was fine so I think my mates propane adaptor is fubar.

2) The hop did nothing :( I've now done the heat shrink mod and can see the hop moving more now. So time will tell. Also took the chance to put a little tape on the inner to make it more secure in the outer. :)

Sadly at 440fps my "proper test" was on the range only but I was liking the accuracy.

Mine didn't have one... :( . Oh wells, my hop up still works

fine after I messed with it for a bit.

You could always stick an o-ring in there. The o-ring adds tension to the plastic/metal contact so it doesn't spin around :P If you're sticking an o-ring on there, make sure its the right size however. The cross section of the o-ring should be around 1mm. Inner diameter would probably be around 4mm or 5mm.

The hop dial has slots on it that allow for the dial to be clicked in place. Down side is that you can adjust the hop to fine tune it even after its already clicked for a particular position.

If anyone has a good tutorial on how to take out the hop-up arm please let me know.

Haven't really seen an actual tutorial, but here's a link to the post where you can see what it should look like, with one or two electrical shrink wrap tube pieces around the hop arm (I also used two layers which seems to be spot on, but it depends on the thickness of the tube you're using). Disassembly of the hopup arm unit in receiver is pretty easy, after you remove the bolt, outerbarrel and innerbarrel. There's one small screw in front of the receiver and one bigger within the dialup ring. After those it comes apart. Just be careful with the small spring that's under the dialup ring and hopup arm, and take note what parts are where. It's a pretty simple design, so you shouldn't have any worries taking it apart.

I think that's the most essential upgrade you need to make KJW accurate. TB also helps. I've got both and it shoots more accurate than any other AEG/GBB I've ever had. With the mod I made and the velocity reducer (now around 340-350fps with G&G 0.28g BioBB's), the hopup sets the trajectory flat in the middle dialup settings. Shoots like a laser now.

Edited by Lupus78