• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

@Andrew12,

Have you had any problems with the Madbulls leaving residue in the BCG or in the barrel?

Haven't checked yet. I know this is a problem with the madbull's I ran into it every 200rnds on my gas sniper rifles. I'm thinking the goldenball .30's are my next best choice.

EDIT:

Just did some shooting, wind died down to about 2mph. Loaded up some Bioval BBBmax .27's, as well as some goldenball .40 blacks.

Biovals required more hop than the .28's i was running because of the smaller diameter. Bioval's were pretty spot on, allowing me to hit a target thats 3.5ft high, 2ft wide, 2ft deep at 220 ft about 7/10 times.

Goldenballs were even better. They eliminated pretty much any 'fliers' but were ending their hop as they hit target.

With a tighter and longer barrel, i'd say that the chance of enhancing groupings will go up drastically. I have a PDI 6.01 T_hum machined for me that i need to test.

Edited by Andrew12

I was at a training with my team and figured I'd post up a couple of KJW/TK specific things that came up during the day. (Pictures are not my own.)

Firstly, if you are wanting to use your mags in a fast-mag systtem like this:

fastmag-gen2-011.jpg

Your mags will not fit. The tips of them will fit in, but once it gets to the first ridge in the magazine you run into some problems with fitting and holding tightly. Either modifications to the magazine or the fast-mag system would need to be done to get a nice, comfortable fit for your magazines.

I know that Weekenny has asked about four million times, but I am interested in the answer too. Does anyone know if the CA Redi-mag systems need to be modified at all to fit the KJW Thermold mags?

I was at a training with my team and figured I'd post up a couple of KJW/TK specific things that came up during the day. (Pictures are not my own.)

fastmag-gen2-011.jpg

Your mags will not fit. The tips of them will fit in, but once it gets to the first ridge in the magazine you run into some problems with fitting and holding tightly. Either modifications to the magazine or the fast-mag system would need to be done to get a nice, comfortable fit for your magazines.

I know that Weekenny has asked about four million times, but I am interested in the answer too. Does anyone know if the CA Redi-mag systems need to be modified at all to fit the KJW Thermold mags?

Not to hold the mags, just to fit on the gun, theres a piece on the back that needs to be dremeled off/out.

fastmag-gen2-011.jpg

interesting, i have two fast mag pouches that work fine.

The new hop up sounds promising. Is it stable in that it does not move about when the gun is shot often? It is just a hex screw right?

Just so everyone knows, This isn't meant to be a commercially available solution. This is just something T_Hum and I did for experimental issues. I know we discussed briefly whether or not he would offer the service to people, but that is up to him. Right now I think he has enough on his plate so i'd probably hold off until we've done some more testing.

The last 1-2 threads are tapered and barely cut, so that the screw is nice and tight. Blue loctite or vibra tite can also be used. Same with some Teflon Tape. Right now, for easy of adjustment as well as physically seeing the turn increments, im using a phillips head machine screw instead of a set screw. I think the longest set screw you can get in this setup is a good idea because it provides more thread to keep it tight.

Next time I think I would cut in a metric thread instead of SAE for finer adjustability

If we can do more testing and ensure this works I may build the fixture necessary to do this more easily on a larger scale. It may be domestic only until I figure out customs stuff...

I'll keep you all posted if/when the service is available.

Got some more mags in today from eHobby. I noticed something strange when I was about fill one of the mags. On the fill valve, I noticed a small o-ring popping out that was about to fall out. I pressed it back into the valve and haven't really seen it after a few fills. Does KJW sell these o-rings? I didn't see it in the manual.

Got some more mags in today from eHobby. I noticed something strange when I was about fill one of the mags. On the fill valve, I noticed a small o-ring popping out that was about to fall out. I pressed it back into the valve and haven't really seen it after a few fills. Does KJW sell these o-rings? I didn't see it in the manual.

Don't bother, they will pop out after a few fills and really aren't needed. Using a plastic propane adapter seems to work best with this gun. if you need replacement valves, drop me a line theres someone locally with about 5000

Couple of quick questions guys.......

Firstly, thinking of getting a Magpul B.A.D Lever. But do I get the WA/G&P one or the WE/PTW version? (or doesn't it matter?)

Secondly, going to get a replacement dust cover as the original is too grey in colour for my liking. Any reccomendations?

Loving this rifle more and more. Touch wood no major issues so far, even the hop is working well (guess I was lucky)

Still deciding on a final setup but considering the range and accuracy, it's probably going to end up as the perfect DMR.

Number 47

Couple of quick questions guys.......

Firstly, thinking of getting a Magpul B.A.D Lever. But do I get the WA/G&P one or the WE/PTW version? (or doesn't it matter?)

Secondly, going to get a replacement dust cover as the original is too grey in colour for my liking. Any reccomendations?

Loving this rifle more and more. Touch wood no major issues so far, even the hop is working well (guess I was lucky)

Still deciding on a final setup but considering the range and accuracy, it's probably going to end up as the perfect DMR.

Number 47

Stop caring about dumb ###### like a dust cover, this is NOT a WA platform. You want "realism" get a WA and put it on a shelf, that is what they do best.

Real dust covers are typically pretty gray in color. The color and finish of the entire gun is way off, so who gives a sh^t about a dust cover? Seriously... is that guy you just shot in the face from 150ft away gonna see your dust cover! NO!

Stop caring about dumb ###### like a dust cover, this is NOT a WA platform. You want "realism" get a WA and put it on a shelf, that is what they do best.

Real dust covers are typically pretty gray in color. The color and finish of the entire gun is way off, so who gives a sh^t about a dust cover? Seriously... is that guy you just shot in the face from 150ft away gonna see your dust cover! NO!

Despite the fact that I agree with you that it doesn't matter, take a chill pill, if he really wants to worry about the colour of his dust cover he is perfectly entitled to.

The great thing about airsoft is that we can all find the parts that we like and enjoy them together. We may not agree on our priorities, but it needn't be a wedge between us.

And as for number47's question I have real BAD lever on mine as it cost the same over here and IIRC, Raven1's rifle had one of the "SURPRISE COCK FAGS" dust covers and so may know which ones will fit with ease.

Even if he wanted to get a fluorescent pink dust cover, you don't have to flip like that, everyone is entitled to do what they want with their guns, within reason.