• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Stop caring about dumb ###### like a dust cover, this is NOT a WA platform. You want "realism" get a WA and put it on a shelf, that is what they do best.

Real dust covers are typically pretty gray in color. The color and finish of the entire gun is way off, so who gives a sh^t about a dust cover? Seriously... is that guy you just shot in the face from 150ft away gonna see your dust cover! NO!

I feel like more than half of our hobby is the fashion behind what we do. If we all wanted consistent, reliable guns we would run around with Stock Maruis and not have ever made the jump to gas.

Gas = realism, swapping out parts to our liking = realism. We build what we want, I know nobody that accepts stock rifles for how they are.

Couple of quick questions guys.......

Firstly, thinking of getting a Magpul B.A.D Lever. But do I get the WA/G&P one or the WE/PTW version? (or doesn't it matter?)

Secondly, going to get a replacement dust cover as the original is too grey in colour for my liking. Any reccomendations?

Loving this rifle more and more. Touch wood no major issues so far, even the hop is working well (guess I was lucky)

Still deciding on a final setup but considering the range and accuracy, it's probably going to end up as the perfect DMR.

Number 47

WA dust covers will fit with minor filing. I have one of the America F**K yeah! dust covers on my KJW.

To Andrew, chill out. Airsoft is a fashion statement for a large part of the airsoft community. If no one cared what their gear or weapons looked like, then we wouldn't have people putting together Seal, MFR, and other Spec ops. kits. If he wants a different dust cover then so be it, it's his gun. If he wants the entire kjw m4 to be pink with purple polka dots, then let him. Who are you to jump down someone's throat because they want to change the dust cover on their weapon. Very, very immature on your part, in my opinion.

Stop caring about dumb ###### like a dust cover, this is NOT a WA platform. You want "realism" get a WA and put it on a shelf, that is what they do best.

Real dust covers are typically pretty gray in color. The color and finish of the entire gun is way off, so who gives a sh^t about a dust cover? Seriously... is that guy you just shot in the face from 150ft away gonna see your dust cover! NO!

To Andrew12

I don't know you and presumably, you don't know me. So i'm at a loss as to your hostility towards me. I was simply seeking advice, however minor, from others with more experience on the platform than me, . I agree that real steel dust covers are generally grey in colour, however, I would prefer a uniform colour on my gun, hence the question.

I can understand your fustration if I had posted a "what am bestest" type question but I didn't. I would not launch into a tirade against you simply because you want to put something that's not 'real steel' on your gun. As Suicidalsnowman said, it's all about personal preference.

So relax, switch to decaf, get drunk, get laid, whatever.

To Suicidalsnowman and Weekenny - thanks for the info on the BAD lever. I appreciate input from adults.

Number 47

• Like 1

To Andrew12

I don't know you and presumably, you don't know me. So i'm at a loss as to your hostility towards me. I was simply seeking advice, however minor, from others with more experience on the platform than me, . I agree that real steel dust covers are generally grey in colour, however, I would prefer a uniform colour on my gun, hence the question.

I can understand your fustration if I had posted a "what am bestest" type question but I didn't. I would not launch into a tirade against you simply because you want to put something that's not 'real steel' on your gun. As Suicidalsnowman said, it's all about personal preference.

So relax, switch to decaf, get drunk, get laid, whatever.

To Suicidalsnowman and Weekenny - thanks for the info on the BAD lever. I appreciate input from adults.

Number 47

I am an adult, and I am sure I am probably older than you. The point of the message is function over form. That is what airsofters just can't understand. But hey, go ahead and load up with 50bs of gear that you don't need to look cool, but you will be that guy that gets lit up because you can't even crest that hill..

The frustration, not hostility, is towards people who want to nitpick about dumb stuff that has nothing to do with how something performs. There are people who won't switch to a platform thats 100x more reliable because "the mags look ghey".

It wasn't a tirade, and tone can't be sense over the internet, so I don't need to relax, switch to decafe, get drunk or get laid.

The RS BAD lever should not be a restricted item, however I don't know if you will find a place in the US that will sell it internationally.

I am an adult, and I am sure I am probably older than you. The point of the message is function over form. That is what airsofters just can't understand. But hey, go ahead and load up with 50bs of gear that you don't need to look cool, but you will be that guy that gets lit up because you can't even crest that hill..

The frustration, not hostility, is towards people who want to nitpick about dumb stuff that has nothing to do with how something performs. There are people who won't switch to a platform thats 100x more reliable because "the mags look ghey".

It wasn't a tirade, and tone can't be sense over the internet, so I don't need to relax, switch to decafe, get drunk or get laid.

The RS BAD lever should not be a restricted item, however I don't know if you will find a place in the US that will sell it internationally.

Unfortunately you have missed the point. It does not matter whether people choose to go for function or form, merely what makes them happy and that they enjoy. To allow your frustration to boil over into what was clearly open hostility to a very reasonable request for information, over something that has absolutely no affect on you, most definitely does not show the level of maturity of an adult.

I think you need to learn to let people live the way that they want to live, not by your opinions, on the completely subjective matter of what makes airsoft enjoyable.

If only people can just choose to ignore posts that they don't agree about or don't have anything good or constructive to say. *shrugs*

Ran my KJW M4 for a game yesterday. Was using duster gas at 60 some degrees out in the mountains. Rapid fire=not a good idea. After firing 15-20 bbs at 3 people on semi (all of which I took out), I noticed the cloud of "gas" coming out of my gun. So I had to switch to my Marui G18C GBB to go after a couple more people...all this in about 5 seconds. These guys got about 50 feet away from where I was laying prone before deciding that they are close enough to engage on. They had no idea how close I was before I popped out...guns blazing! :P

Unfortunately, same effect...cloud of gas...gun firing on full auto erratically and me getting shot. LOL!

Put down my KJW M4 and switched to my MAGPUL PTS Masada ACR AEG and switched to propane on my Glock 18C....glock functioned great with propane and the cold.

Later, I filled my KJW M4 mags with propane and plinked around. Worked like a dream :P

I can hit trees past 200 feet :lol: Yeah, I know not a huge surprise really.

On a side note, I snapped another elastic band (for the loading nozzle/bcg assembly). 4th one I have snapped from 3 different rifles over one year. I still have 4 bands in my spare box.

Just thought I'd post up with a skirmish report using my gun.

Unfortunately you have missed the point. It does not matter whether people choose to go for function or form, merely what makes them happy and that they enjoy. To allow your frustration to boil over into what was clearly open hostility to a very reasonable request for information, over something that has absolutely no affect on you, most definitely does not show the level of maturity of an adult.

I think you need to learn to let people live the way that they want to live, not by your opinions, on the completely subjective matter of what makes airsoft enjoyable.

Maybe it's different in the UK, but here, people have a 1st amendment, which allows them to speak their mind freely.. I'm entitled to my opinion, just like everyone else. I dont have to like yours, and you don't have to like mine. Let's just leave it at that and get back to the discussion at hand.

Ran my KJW M4 for a game yesterday. Was using duster gas at 60 some degrees out in the mountains. Rapid fire=not a good idea. After firing 15-20 bbs at 3 people on semi (all of which I took out), I noticed the cloud of "gas" coming out of my gun. So I had to switch to my Marui G18C GBB to go after a couple more people...all this in about 5 seconds. These guys got about 50 feet away from where I was laying prone before deciding that they are close enough to engage on. They had no idea how close I was before I popped out...guns blazing! :P

Unfortunately, same effect...cloud of gas...gun firing on full auto erratically and me getting shot. LOL!

Put down my KJW M4 and switched to my MAGPUL PTS Masada ACR AEG and switched to propane on my Glock 18C....glock functioned great with propane and the cold.

Later, I filled my KJW M4 mags with propane and plinked around. Worked like a dream :P

I can hit trees past 200 feet :lol: Yeah, I know not a huge surprise really.

On a side note, I snapped another elastic band (for the loading nozzle/bcg assembly). 4th one I have snapped from 3 different rifles over one year. I still have 4 bands in my spare box.

Just thought I'd post up with a skirmish report using my gun.

Why are you running duster?

if its for FPS reasons, pony up the money for the cradle velocity reducer and be done with it!

Edited by Andrew12

Maybe it's different in the UK, but here, people have a 1st amendment, which allows them to speak their mind freely.. I'm entitled to my opinion, just like everyone else. I dont have to like yours, and you don't have to like mine. Let's just leave it at that and get back to the discussion at hand.

Correct, but being a douche bag while exercising your 1st amendment rights really won't get anyone to agree with your opinion. All I am saying is let the guy do what he wants to his gun. I changed my dust cover on my kjw m4, are you going to b*tch at me too?

Snoopy: What was the temperature outside when you were using duster gas?

Snoopy: What was the temperature outside when you were using duster gas?

He says 60 some early in his post so about 15 Celsius, seems odd as that should have been ok for duster. Suppose it depends on air pressure and humidity too I'd think.

I noticed with my first GBB pistol I could go to 10 Celsius fine if it was dry but on a wet day it would be useless below about 15 Celsius. Perhaps there are other weather factors at work than just the temperature.

Whether you are older than me (possibly) is irrelevant. The point is you don't put somebody down just because they treat the game differently from you. Airsoft is not about 'function over form' as you put it. It's about people coming together with a common interest and having fun, perhaps you should concentrate on that rather than worrying about how somebody else's kit looks like. You could dress up in a pink tutu and carry some Anime monstrosity for all I care, as long as you have fun and take your hits.

Also I don't carry 50lbs of gear to look cool, I carry only what I need for the game and nothing more. Having said that, if someone wants to suit up like a Ranger on a three day patrol. that's their bag and good luck to them, whatever helps them enjoy the experience. I'm sure as hell not going to shout them down because it's not functional. If the sport is just about 'function' why buy half the stuff we do?

You and I clearly see the game differently. Shall we agree to differ and leave it at that?

Any issues on running the stock gun with green gas?

Replacement parts needed at all, or is it fine out of the box?

Ben.

Green gas will work fine for a while, but eventually will gunk up your gun a lot with the lube mixed into the gas. I would suggest propane over GG any day in these guns.

Also, with GG or Propane your FPS will be pretty high, so I would suggest also picking up a velocity reducer just so you can control how hard it is punching a little.

This whole point has been overdiscussed IMO. Lets keep this on topic before a mod comes in and cleans house. Discussing this further will have absolutely no positive effect on helping people learn about the KJW platform.

T-hum - Your quite right and I apologise to all for letting things escalate.

End of...

He says 60 some early in his post so about 15 Celsius, seems odd as that should have been ok for duster. Suppose it depends on air pressure and humidity too I'd think.

I noticed with my first GBB pistol I could go to 10 Celsius fine if it was dry but on a wet day it would be useless below about 15 Celsius. Perhaps there are other weather factors at work than just the temperature.

Darn, can't believe I missed that, thanks weekenny.

Does anyone have a solution to replacing the rubber band without purchasing a new one from Clare?

I did not break mine (yet) but I'm taking my KJW to Irene in a couple of weeks (booyah!) and I just want to make sure that I have a temporary solution for it if it happens to me mid game.

okay folks i was wondering as to how much a whole new bcg would cost... also if its possible to buy one completely assembled or am i subject to assembling it myself? regarding the status of the rifle everything is seems to be in place and the problem still seems to plague the rifle. thanks for any feedback in advance folks.

okay folks i was wondering as to how much a whole new bcg would cost... also if its possible to buy one completely assembled or am i subject to assembling it myself? regarding the status of the rifle everything is seems to be in place and the problem still seems to plague the rifle. thanks for any feedback in advance folks.

It would probably be cheaper to send your rifle to someone who can work out the kinks, 10$ UPS both ways.

Go get your manual. Lookup all the parts you need, convert the big numbers next to the part numbers which are TWD(Taiwan Dollar) Into USD using google and voila.

It would probably be cheaper to send your rifle to someone who can work out the kinks, 10$ UPS both ways.

Go get your manual. Lookup all the parts you need, convert the big numbers next to the part numbers which are TWD(Taiwan Dollar) Into USD using google and voila.

the only person i trust besides myself of course would be "t hum" i wonder.

Update: Turns out that the suggestion of seating the floating valve properly that was presented before was the solution, being the fool that i am seems that when i installed the new floating valve, part of the old valve was still lodged inside the piston cup in such a way that i didnt even notice when installing the new one.

Funniest thing is how well it worked at first even with the new valve installed over the old, with my lack of attention to detail it turns out that my discovery of this was pure luck as when i pulled the piston cup off the bolt, that broken piece fell out. I reinstalled everything, tested it, and everything ran as it should. I ran through two mags on full auto and still had quite a bit of gas to spare. Problem solved it would seem. Thanks guys.

Edited by senators2904