• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Even with shipping included, Redwolf is cheaper. As is WGC and eHobby. Not to mention those three retailers have a better track record than Airsplat even though they're located on the other side of the world :rolleyes:.

I just don't want to deal with Airsplat after hearing at least 10 horror stories where people didn't get what they ordered, payed and never got anything at all, never got a refund for something, etc. Hopefully you understand?

You probably won't find one in the US then. eHobby has them for 295 plus approximately $75 shipping. Also from their site "For customers in United States of America, if your order is seized by customs, we may offer you the refund of the item or resend of the item."

My WOC arrived without hassle albeit packaged in an AEG box.

But unfortunately, eHobby isn't having a *reasonable* black friday sale :(.

I might buy from eHobby then, but I might just pass up on the KJW M4 until the ATF and airsoft get on good terms. If that never happens, then I guess I just won't buy one to avoid the trouble. However, if anyone will sell theirs secondhand here in the US, I might just relieve them of it.

Small test report. This past week I've been in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving (US Holiday, rest of the world :P).

Outside there was about three to four inches of snow on the ground, but I was still able to get about 2.5 fills of BB's out on one fill of gas. Also, for some reason my hop stopped being finicky, as I was able to nail 120-130 ft shots without turning it higher than the first position. I didn't see dropping of my BB's until 130ft, and I made sure to measure everything twice. The BB I was using were G&G .25 Bio BB's.

Eventually, after running about 5 magazines in a row through it I began to see the under-hop issues, but only after rapid fire of 150 BB's in a row.

Conclusion: I'm guessing a lighter bolt would definitely help with gas consumption in the cold, and keep it running as well as it should be during the warmer seasons. My hop (for whatever reason) likes the cold more than the hot, because it is performing better than it has been in any of the warmer games I've been to.

I placed my order with WGC shop today. The price for my CQBR was $290, and I got 10% off, (because I used Paypal??) so the total was roughly $338 with express shipping. This is by far the best deal I could find.

I also ordered 3 extra magazines from Airsplat since they are offering free shipping on ALL orders right now and WGC was out of stock.

Now all that's left to do is order the piston and velocity adjuster from Cradle Airsoft and wait for my new toy to arrive. Hopefully I've helped somebody out who is looking to save a few bucks when ordering.

Heh... I'm not using my gun for a while. There's a feet of snow out there and the temperature has dropped to zero degrees Fahrenheit. That's -18 degrees Celcius. I'm curious how low have you guys been able to go with propane. I'm actually considering some sort of an air rig I could attach to one magazine. That could enable me to use the gun through most of the winter.

*sigh* this is frustrating. I still dont have any hop up on the gun. Im hoping when my plastic upper comes in tomorrow, something will be magically fixed. I dont know. I may have to do the shrink wrap mod again but the last time I did I think I used a larger size and it wasnt a minute enough change as the hop up didnt get the results others have gotten with the shrink mod. Does anyone (who has had good results) know what the best size to buy is? Also, how many layers are put on.

Looks like STANAG style mags are incoming from a LAW airsoft

That is great news! Even 20rnd mags, which is good. Now only if I could get a VN-era upper...

Does anyone (who has had good results) know what the best size to buy is? Also, how many layers are put on.

Mine was most likely 4,8mm diameter. I used two layers, which we're just perfect ,although the second layer was a bit tough fit.

Edited by Lupus78

Just wanted to point out one thing about these new bolt carriers...

Velocity on these is INFINITELY adjustable and should have a wider range than the stock Cradle adjuster. I also revised this adjustment system earlier in the week so it is very robust and won't come out of adjustment from use. Video coming next week!

Two versions will be offered.

1. Carrier only

2. Complete bolt carrier group with KJW loading nozzle and all associated parts.

Version 2 will cost an additional $25 and will come assembled ready to drop into the upper and go. Im still working out price on the carrier with the manufacturer. Im doing my very best to get the price as low as possible. I know they have room to budge and Ill post up final prices as soon as I can.

Thanks for the support guys. Without such a great community making these parts would be a lot harder and hardly worth it.

Cheers,

Travis

Just got my plastic receiver in with a few other replacement parts. My hop up seems to be much better now, however im still unable to overhop .28's Im going to have to go buy some shrink wrap to see if that helps.

I ran into a problem though. When I screw on my freefloat UTG RIS to the plastic receiver with the barrel pushed in, it will screw down to the bottom then pop and reset the thread. The threads arent being stripped as I checked, but it does this and does not tighten down. Well, I tried taking the barrel off and just screwing the nut down on the plastic itself and it screws down all the way and tightens without the barrel installed (which is the only metal part between the two). Its really weird and when shot, it comes undone. I used two layers of electrical tape to cause a large amount of friction on the threads and for now, it is working but I can still pop the thread if I try. Its also not tight enough to keep from the whole front end to not rotate if I wanted it to. I dont trust it. Im stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Just got my plastic receiver in with a few other replacement parts. My hop up seems to be much better now, however im still unable to overhop .28's Im going to have to go buy some shrink wrap to see if that helps.

I ran into a problem though. When I screw on my freefloat UTG RIS to the plastic receiver with the barrel pushed in, it will screw down to the bottom then pop and reset the thread. The threads arent being stripped as I checked, but it does this and does not tighten down. Well, I tried taking the barrel off and just screwing the nut down on the plastic itself and it screws down all the way and tightens without the barrel installed (which is the only metal part between the two). Its really weird and when shot, it comes undone. I used two layers of electrical tape to cause a large amount of friction on the threads and for now, it is working but I can still pop the thread if I try. Its also not tight enough to keep from the whole front end to not rotate if I wanted it to. I dont trust it. Im stumped. Anyone have any ideas?

Very strange. Did you see if the stock delta ring pops off as well?

Interesting episode over the weekend...

I have been having hop-up trouble like others here, so i decided I would replace everything hop related to see if it fixes anything. As i am ordering parts I thought I would also get a new high speed buffer (lighter to increase recoil speed in winter).

On Thursday I jumped on the Tanio Koba website and ordered a handful of parts directly by email (in Japanese).

I didn't hear back...I figured they were checking stock, etc.

Saturday I am on my way home from the field and I get a call from the delivery service letting me know I have a COD, and will I be home in time to have it delivered. Wasn't going to make, so had it delivered today. 3 days from order to delivery.

So it looks like the folks at Koba are pretty good at getting their spare parts out.

I was at a game again today, so didn't install anything yet. Will give it a go tomorrow.

If anyone is in dire need of some hard to get parts PM me, and I will try to help you out.

Edited by dstole