• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

What WTF?Shane was getting at was Redwolf sent me the same message about not sending GBBRs to the US to me a whole month ago when I tried to order one from them. I posted on here telling everyone about it so everyone who wanted a KJW, or any GBBR, could not get one from Redwolf. If you did your research, you would have seen it.

Oh and yeah, AIDS is not cool but koolaid is awesome.

What WTF?Shane was getting at was Redwolf sent me the same message about not sending GBBRs to the US to me a whole month ago when I tried to order one from them. I posted on here telling everyone about it so everyone who wanted a KJW, or any GBBR, could not get one from Redwolf. If you did your research, you would have seen it.

Oh and yeah, AIDS is not cool but koolaid is awesome.

Why would I research something I did not consider a problem. Redwolf sells to the US, I've bought from them before, therefore an item on their site with NO disclaimer or auto block during check out should be fine. Anyhow I got my money back and I still need to get one, where did you purchase yours? Should I do some research and read 160 pages to find out if eHobby sells to the US or can you just tell me?

Argh!

So frustrated! I love the KJW, and have invested in 6 mags, a DD front end, MAGPUL parts, cradle parts, custom cut barrel, etc. Probably about 800 - 1000 invested. It feels great, and is such a wonderful platform. But the damn hop just won't work for me. I have replaced it with all new parts from Tanio Koba, and it still just won't work for me.

Had it out to a game Sunday. BBs flying all over the place.

Really don't know what to do. If I can't get it to shoot straight then it is kind of pointless no matter how much I love it and the way it feels.

The only thing I can think of doing is replacing the tight bore barrel to see if that is having some type of effect. I have tried the shrink wrap. Didn't help.

I so wish we could find out what is going on with the hop issues. As it is, I might have to swap to the WE G39C as it seems to be shooting straight.

Has anyone tried and/or had success with the Ra-tech hop rubber? Its a large part of the hop-up equation and one I dont feel has been adequately explored yet.

The fact is the TK hop design is a little bit complicated. There are lots of potential areas for problems especially tolerance stack problems. But the hop rubber has been largely unexplored in all of our digging thus far...

All I've ever used in my gun was propane. I haven't ever had a problem with my hop. Yet others have had radically different results. That to me is the most frustrating part of tracking down the issue. Id absolutely love to design and make a solution but we can't pinpoint the issue just yet. In this case I really depend on all the players here at Arnies to take notes and make comparisons. I dont have access to a bunch of rifles to take a look at.

I use HFC exclusively in the rifle so it isn't the silicone in the green gas.

I wonder if it could be the spring that sits under the hop-up arm? There might be the potential for that to be off center when the hop arm is installed, and this might force the arm to engage off center?

I sure hope we can find a solution.

Argh!

So frustrated! I love the KJW, and have invested in 6 mags, a DD front end, MAGPUL parts, cradle parts, custom cut barrel, etc. Probably about 800 - 1000 invested. It feels great, and is such a wonderful platform. But the damn hop just won't work for me. I have replaced it with all new parts from Tanio Koba, and it still just won't work for me.

Had it out to a game Sunday. BBs flying all over the place.

Really don't know what to do. If I can't get it to shoot straight then it is kind of pointless no matter how much I love it and the way it feels.

The only thing I can think of doing is replacing the tight bore barrel to see if that is having some type of effect. I have tried the shrink wrap. Didn't help.

I so wish we could find out what is going on with the hop issues. As it is, I might have to swap to the WE G39C as it seems to be shooting straight.

When you tried the shrink wrap what results were you getting? I think a typical problem is that the shrink wrap is hidering movement of the actual arm itself.

When you had the shrink wrap installed were you able to see a noticeable difference between lowest hop up and highest hop up? If not it could be that the arm wasn't moving freely and was just stuck in 1 position.

Also what bb's are you using

Alex,

With the shrink wrap it was both curving to the right, and only moving (engaging) during the final section of rotation before it reset the hop. The actual amount of hop dial movement I had to work with was probably one 10th of the dial turn. I did notice that the shrink wrap was hindering movement so I removed wrap from that area until it was able to move freely.

I wonder if a thicker arm in the area where it passes through the cage would prevent side to side play?

With the new hop up installed the hop seems to be engaging, but it is curving horribly to the right. When I take the front end off and just watch the hop arm I can see it moving off center as it engages while I turn the hop dial. Something is forcing it to move off center. I wonder if the spring under the arm isn't centered and is putting uneven pressure on the arm.

I have used .20 and .25 bio and non bio bbs from Tokyo Marui (precision type and old ones), G&G, SIIS, and Excel, The KJW hated the SIIS, they jammed in the magazine something fierce. The others have all seemed fine.

I am going to take it apart again and see if I can't check the spring under the hop. Maybe I just need to keep doing it until the hop spring and hop arm sit "just right."

Still amazingly frustrating though :(

Edited by dstole

The canting to the side is caused by the bumps on the hop dial putting a side load on the arm. When I made the thicker arm it didnt happen as much. But it also didn't solve the issue of only getting hop until the last and highest setting. From there I made a version that was both thicker and had a more pronounced ball nose at the front of the arm so it engaged sooner. Didn't work. No idea why. Maybe I need to do another. I still have the CNC code on the machine. Wouldn't take long.

What if the opposite end of the hop arm was made longer?

As the dial is moved the grade increases causing the hop arm to engage right? If that end of the arm was longer perhaps it would put more pressure on the opposing end.

I wonder if the hop bucking isn't resisting the pressure of the hop arm until it is cranked so high that it actually engages?

I appreciate that everyone is looking into this. I wish I could offer more help.

Dstole:

I also had a version with a longer nub that contacted the hop wheel. It didnt seem to make a marked difference either. That led me to the conclusion I posted a few weeks ago about the possibility that the hop windows are too narrow and dont allow the bucking to stretch downwards into the barrel. However, I dont think that would explain the inconsistencies between guns. I dont think manufacturing would be so far off on such a simple cut to have such drastic effects.

Ill try to set my rifle up again this week and do some comparisons. Right now it should be shooting well. If I can get a setup that is 100% working we can try our best to replicate it in someone elses rifle.

I think so. The pmags are pretty radically altered. The dont have the internal parts. The feed lips are cut off. They are completely unusable in a real gun. I cant imagine ITAR applying to such an item. Its one of those legal things we will be working on just to be sure.

Id consider it about a close to a real mag as an AEG mag. Of course its origin is a real mag and for legal purposes that may be all that matters. Like I said, we will be doing the legal footwork.

Edited by t_hum