• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys. I figure this might be as good a time as any for a progress update.

Mags are still in development. Some people have emailed or PM'ed me and may know that PMAGS are looking to be less likely than previously. Due to international export restrictions we are not able to export real mag shells which means in order to do PMAGS we would have to acquire licensing from Magpul and do our own molds. However, it appears that they aren't interested in licensing at this time. If and when that changes we will of course pursue that direction. Some people have asked us to continue with plans to make a model for US customers using the real shells as the export restrictions wouldn't apply. We would love to but the market for the magazines is rather small and making multiple versions of the magazines for different markets isn't cost effective for us.

We are completely committed to the STANAG design and will be producing them accordingly. We recently got a new CNC mill and will be doing the majority of parts in house.

Several design changes have been made which allow for higher gas capacity and an overall more robust mechanism.

The bolt carriers I showcased some months ago were halted due to some manufacturing considerations. Originally we wanted to use a Nylon based material but we have now changed this to a billet part in 7075-T6. Some design changes have been required to make this a possibility and we should have pricing available very soon.

Perhaps also worth noting is that Cradle Airsoft will be undergoing a name change with the launch of the new web site. Lots of things are changing around here as we add machines and new faces. Both are adding to our capability and speed and so we hope to be releasing a lot of product, including things not listed here, soon.

If you have any questions just ask and Ill be happy to answer.

T

The way the ITAR restrictions are written any firearm magazine is illegal for export. Even on the STANAGs we have to make our own stamped shells so as to not use any part originally designed for firearm use. The difference is there are no patents on the design so no licensing is required. EMAG, PMAG, its all the same legally.

Edited by t_hum

We are completely committed to the STANAG design and will be producing them accordingly. We recently got a new CNC mill and will be doing the majority of parts in house.

Several design changes have been made which allow for higher gas capacity and an overall more robust mechanism.

post-12839-0-91402500-1297883015_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So no go on pmags for international but a slight chance for US sale.

Prior you said that the magazines were going to have the same internal build and we would be able to purchase a pmag shell or stanag.

Will we be able to purchase a cradleairsoft stanag mag and mod a RS pmag shell to fit the cradle internals? Or can we pay a premium for you to do it on the side, just not retail it?

Edited by alex chang

We will have to wait and see just how resourceful people are. I don't know just yet how possible a diy conversion would be buy in any case we can't be the ones to do it. We are aware of peoples desire to modify mags and will do our best to accommodate that option as long ad it doesn't raise prices for everyone.

Personally PMAGs are cool and all, I just don't want freaking thermold mags.... I can understand licensing issues, even if MP was willing it would probably cost an arm and a leg. Maybe someplace like Lancer or TangoDown would be more co-operative with their mags...

We will have to wait and see just how resourceful people are. I don't know just yet how possible a diy conversion would be buy in any case we can't be the ones to do it. We are aware of peoples desire to modify mags and will do our best to accommodate that option as long ad it doesn't raise prices for everyone.

Looking forward to testing out my new dremel =)

hey guys, I need help..

it's about making my kjw work on hpa.. I don't know where to get those vents that would go in the magazine (down side). I found some vents on web, but they work on g&p magazines. Don't know if they'll fit KJWs :(

if anyone has an idea where I could try to look for them or maybe have a link, I'd be grateful!

I just recently purchased my KJW M4 and I have to say the quality is very impressive. I am a very nit-picky when it comes to these things and I like what I am seeing. I'll post up some photos in the gallery section here in a while for all to view.

I do have a question about "cool down". I seem to be experiencing excessive cool down after any full auto burst more than 5 rounds. It is extreme enough that the bolt is really slowing down. Even if I rattle off a lot of shots in semi I am experiencing this. I don't know if my mag will even empty all the way by how slow the gun is firing. There is no way I'll get two reloads on a single gas charge! Is this normal? I am shooting in my basement which is probably 50F to 65F degrees. Should I have to wait a while after I fill up a mag to let the gases expand? How long should I charge a mag because I hold it on for about 10 to 15 seconds? I have been filling it upside down like you are supposed to and I am filling the mags with a brand new Coleman/Ace Hardware brand propane tank with the Madbull XG02 Propane Adapter. Is this a good propane adaptor?

I am really concerned with skirmishability if this is supposed to happen. I have seen YouTube videos with people blasting full auto again and again with a KJW M4. I have to be doing something wrong. HELP!

Doesnt sound like anything is wrong with your setup. Let me ask you a few questions though...

1. How many rounds total have you put through your gun so far?

2. Have you lubed your piston seal assembly?

3. Is your mag valve sticky AT ALL? With the mag empty of gas press the valve in and quickly release it. Does it snap back instantly or is it slightly slow?

We can move on from there...

Doesnt sound like anything is wrong with your setup. Let me ask you a few questions though...

1. How many rounds total have you put through your gun so far?

2. Have you lubed your piston seal assembly?

3. Is your mag valve sticky AT ALL? With the mag empty of gas press the valve in and quickly release it. Does it snap back instantly or is it slightly slow?

We can move on from there...

At the time of my question....

1. I have put 2 mags through my gun.

2. No I did not lube my piston seal assembly.

3. Valve snapped right back.

After I read your post...

I took the gun apart this afternoon on my lunch break and seen a very dry piston seal assembly. I lubed it up with Super Lube as well as lubed the buffer tube. I wiped down all my other parts from the silicon residue that it had on it from shipping. Reassembled the gun. I checked my mags and found very snappy valves on the couple I checked. Good to go there. I loaded up a mag and gassed it up. It seems to take about 20 seconds before I stop hearing the gas transfer from the propane tank to the mag, I hope this is about right.

I instantly noticed a smoother bolt cycle with the lubed up parts. I loaded up the gun with the fresh mag and fired off a few single shots. I then switched to full auto. It fired much better, but still has some cool down lag toward the end of the mag. I think its pretty noticeable.

At this point I have gone through 4 mags and it is better but not perfect. Will the Cradle Airsoft piston head help this? Next step?

Here is a picture of my KJW M4!

182934_10150100284699051_508849050_6441016_5403353_n.jpg

181547_10150100284374051_508849050_6441009_479378_n.jpg