We will have pricing very soon. Right now we are trying to get our costs down due to the run being relatively small. Its likely there will only be 100 made and available for preorder for the first run. Previous Cradle customers will get an email when they are made available and notification will be posted here and at other news sites/forums.

The carriers will be 7075-T6 with a black hard ano finish.

Players with the x/o-ring piston will still be able to drop them right onto the new carrier with the included piston adapter and hardware. (The factory KJW piston will not fit)

A complete bolt with reducer, x-ring, and nozzle will be available.

No carrier extension is required as the proper length has been built into the carrier body.

Great! Very nice to hear the complete bcg with reducer is wrapping up soon. I'll be sure to check that out, thanks :D

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

We will have pricing very soon. Right now we are trying to get our costs down due to the run being relatively small. Its likely there will only be 100 made and available for preorder for the first run. Previous Cradle customers will get an email when they are made available and notification will be posted here and at other news sites/forums.

The carriers will be 7075-T6 with a black hard ano finish.

Players with the x/o-ring piston will still be able to drop them right onto the new carrier with the included piston adapter and hardware. (The factory KJW piston will not fit)

A complete bolt with reducer, x-ring, and nozzle will be available.

No carrier extension is required as the proper length has been built into the carrier body.

Great news, any picture so we can see how it looks?

thanks.

I used my KJW for the first time at an Op 4 hours away. I got all of t_hum's parts installed and tested the day before including a 6.01 TBB, bolt extention, velocity adjuster and o-ring piston. After using this fine rifle in abttle I am extremely pleased in its performance, even in weather below 40 degrees F. Most others were having battery problems while I was clacking away in semi all day long. I suffered slight cool down effect which was to be expected on a cold day. I am eager to play with it in warmer weather!

After a full day's use on the field I have a couple minor concerns that I want to know if they are normal or can be resolved easily. I am pretty sure that all of my concerns deal directly with the bolt catch. I noticed if the bolt is locked back, and I jolt the gun, it will release. It will also release if I am messing with the charging handle. Finally the bolt catch will sometimes release if I slam a mag in the may well in a fast magazine change. This will sometimes catch the bolt half way and stop the mechanism where I will have to recycle the bolt back. Keep in mind, none of the issues above are abusive actions on the gun. All are general and mild combat use. Any tips or suggestions? Is the any adjustments on the bolt catch itself?

I have a quick question for those gurus of the KJW m4 regarding the hop-up. On it's maximum setting I'm not getting an over hop, in fact on it's maximum setting I'm getting about 160ft range w/.25g bb with it. Should that be what I should expect or is there a mod I can do to improve hop-up performance, I'd rather not have to buy an RA tech rubber, but if that's the solution so be it.

I did a search but got frustrated as I have no clue what I am looking for......

I have a couple minor concerns that I want to know if they are normal or can be resolved easily. I am pretty sure that all of my concerns deal directly with the bolt catch. I noticed if the bolt is locked back, and I jolt the gun, it will release. It will also release if I am messing with the charging handle. Finally the bolt catch will sometimes release if I slam a mag in the may well in a fast magazine change. This will sometimes catch the bolt half way and stop the mechanism where I will have to recycle the bolt back. Keep in mind, none of the issues above are abusive actions on the gun. All are general and mild combat use. Any tips or suggestions? Is the any adjustments on the bolt catch itself?

Anyone have any tips on this?

Anyone have any tips on this?

The bolt going forwards if you slam in a magazine too hard is common, or at least I've seen it in the 4 that have been in my team.

About it getting stuck half way back, the only thing that I could think of causing that is a bent bolt stop, or dirty internals. Have you tried cleaning it? How often do the problems happen?

Phew! finished reading all the pages sure is a lot more relieving :D

@t_hum

Im curious about the STANAG and Pmag that you're making, is it possible to swap the internals with the AEG mag(non hicap that is)? and maybe few modifications have to be done. that way, shipping would not be an issue right as we only need the internals and a manual to put it in place? If yes then it would be so great!

The mags will come with STANAG shells. If people want PMAG shells theyll have to find a way to do it on their own. Unfortunately AEG shells won't be a viable option as AEG spec shells will not fit in the KJW magwell. I dont know how modifications would have to be done nor do I know if it will even be possible yet. I guess Ill keep everyone posted on that info as I know it. The reality of things is that in order to guarantee a PMAG fit we would likely have to abandon some of the more unique features of the mags.

The mags will come with STANAG shells. If people want PMAG shells theyll have to find a way to do it on their own. Unfortunately AEG shells won't be a viable option as AEG spec shells will not fit in the KJW magwell. I dont know how modifications would have to be done nor do I know if it will even be possible yet. I guess Ill keep everyone posted on that info as I know it. The reality of things is that in order to guarantee a PMAG fit we would likely have to abandon some of the more unique features of the mags.

Ic, either way I cant wait for the new items you're going to release soon. Hope it wont be too long :)

Reservoir size is larger than the first revision. As it stands now the capacity is about the same as the stock KJW mags. Things being added are a method of loading the bbs without a loading tool and also an internal mechanism to improve shot to shot consistency. Gas capacity may drop a small amount if those two components end up having a larger footprint than we have planned for but I doubt it.

That's some sweet news right there mr t_hum! so regular speed loaders will work?

Yes, speed loaders, by hand. Whatever works for you. We are designing a system not unlike some pistol magazines that allow you to depress the follower by hand (only our system is slicker). It also makes the feed lips simpler to machine which has been an area of much frustration.