I have been using the plastic upper for a few months so far. So far, no issues. Now, was it the actual pin that broke? Or was it the rear pin-hole block that snapped off the upper? The rear pin hole block on the stock upper is what broke with some of us. So far, the plastic uppers have been working really well and and dont feel flimsy in the least.n They are also cheap. I think I got mine for 20 or so.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I have been using the plastic upper for a few months so far. So far, no issues. Now, was it the actual pin that broke? Or was it the rear pin-hole block that snapped off the upper? The rear pin hole block on the stock upper is what broke with some of us. So far, the plastic uppers have been working really well and and dont feel flimsy in the least.n They are also cheap. I think I got mine for 20 or so.

Yes Kai...it was the whole pin block who snapped off....and it's good to know about the plastic upper holding well...one question...it's ABS plastic or you think it could be NYLON FIBER the non-metal upper?...either way it's good to know that it works great....thanks friend!!...really appreciated the info.:)

Edited by slipknot1971

For some strange reason after shooting mine several dozen times my mag has leaked empty of gas too, it's a strange leak, there's nothing when I do an underwater test :P

Serious answer now.

As I learned from Classics and then again with WA mags, every so often you want to run through everything and make sure all your o-rings are set and in good shape, soaking them in automotive break fluid (can't remember exactly what as I now just soak them in RC car shock oil) reconditions them or you can just straight swap them. Its worth doing this about once every year unless you are using your KJW really heavily.

Edited by frogfish

Ive got a test mag I use that has I dont even know how many rounds through it and it hasn't given me a hint of trouble yet. The KJW mags are far better than other GIM mag designs especially in its seal between chambers. The valve looks to be standard fare but its less prone to getting dirty and leak because its buried inside the valve body and is actuated via an intermediate pin.

I would say losing fill after 12-18 hours is a non-issue and probably to be expected from almost any mag in near perfect condition.

I have also not experienced any mag leak issues. I've been using my kj as my primary for over 10 months without leakage. Every month or so i empty out all the gas and put some silicone oil in the valve and open and close the valve a bunch of times. I've been running straight propane. I use my kj every sunday for 4-8 hours, my mags have gone through hell and still work.

Only problem i've ever had is the lube in my piston doesn't seem to stay. I don't know if its being blown off, or the temperature is breaking down the super lube. I purchased some of the dow 33 lube t-hum suggested and plan on testing it out soon. I'll let everyone know how it is

Yes Kai...it was the whole pin block who snapped off....and it's good to know about the plastic upper holding well...one question...it's ABS plastic or you think it could be NYLON FIBER the non-metal upper?...either way it's good to know that it works great....thanks friend!!...really appreciated the info.:)

It seems like a nylon fiber instead of an ABS. But I could be wrong. It does not feel flimsy and is thick where it needs to be. As for mags leaking, a few of mine did after a few thousand shots, and all I really had to do was retighten the bottom Hex screw and it was fine. To be sure, I took the bottom plate off of the magazines and re-superlubed the large rings at the base of the mags. No leak at all since, and that was almost a year ago.

Hi guys,

I did some tests with propane to check the consistency and speed in two conditions and im going to post them for further reference:

BB weight: .25

Hop: medium setting

Shots: 10 (semi) - 2 shots/sec

Temp: room temp (about 23 C)

Average speed: 141 mps (ranging from 145 down to 138)

BB weight: .25

Hop: medium setting

Shots: 10 (semi) - 2 shots/sec

Temp: 20 minutes in freezer

Average speed: 112 mps (ranging from 114 down to 110)

Anyone have the little o-ring gaskets fall out of the fill valve of the magazines? I have had two do this. Are they needed because I go to fill up a mag, it leaks like crazy without it. Any idea what to use to replace them? Small vacuum hose cut down?

Also, can you still order parts from KJW direct? I am looking at buying a list of spare parts and was wondering if contacting them still works. What is the email address? Was it Clare the contact?

Thanks for the help!

As for the fill valve o-rings. Theyre not necessary per se but yes, you will lose a lot of gas during fills without them. Ive heard ligthter o-rings work.

If you can get ahold of Clare you can order parts. Problem is not many people have had luck lately getting in contact with them. We are trying to start stocking spare parts but so far we can't get responses back from KJW.

Anyone have the little o-ring gaskets fall out of the fill valve of the magazines? I have had two do this. Are they needed because I go to fill up a mag, it leaks like crazy without it. Any idea what to use to replace them? Small vacuum hose cut down?

Also, can you still order parts from KJW direct? I am looking at buying a list of spare parts and was wondering if contacting them still works. What is the email address? Was it Clare the contact?

Thanks for the help!

Hey, i managed to cut a bycicle rubber tube with an x-acto to do a rubber seal that fitted in around the fill valve...and they work...and as T_hum says..i'm still waiting for a response from Clare about the upper receiver to get my rifle alive again.:(