Haha, nice Number5.

I bought one because all of the recommendations from other forums and this thread.

I have one thing to say about the KJW M4, IT'S NOT A TRAP!

It is probably the best gun I have had even thought I have only had a cheap Wal-Mart spring pistol and the UTG L96 sniper rifle. I know it is a step above the rest of the gas blowback realm just by the fact it performs so well and shoots very accuratly. It doesn't have much of a cooldown effect due to the thermomold magazines. I just need higher gram/grade to make it better and maybe some upgrades *cough* t_hum *cough*

I will test it on 1v1 this weekend and see how accurate I can get if it doesn't perform as well as I want, upgrades it is!

Edited by _Samuel_
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

oh gawd... hello everybody long time no speak i guess... well yesterday was the first game of airsoft for the season with the group of locals i play with... had a few dames from my old job aswell as some old players. all i can say is i didnt do too good for the first the game of the season. first game i got taken out by one of the dames, and the same girl got me about 3 more times throughout the sessions we put in. i was slacking hard and i didnt even care. my boys were laughing at me, while the girls got in a few jokes from the side. out of all the games i didnt even get one kill. horrible just horrible. oh well. i guess thats what i get for working at a battery plant all night and not sleeping before going to the game. guess i was tired cause i went home ate dinner then crashed.

Alright, I am trying to find some high quality biodegrable BBs from airsplat.com. Which ones are the most accurate and the highest quality?

I still don't know what weight is the best for accuracy in the KJW M4: 0.25 grams, 0.28 grams, or 0.30 grams?

Also, is this a good speed loader?

Link: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-BB-SPDLOADER.htm

Finally, can you buy surpressors that actually surpress / silence a KJW M4?

Edited by _Samuel_

The bioshot brand you were using is fine. Almost any brand these days that comes in .25 or .28 weights is going to be high quality enough for you gun. I recommend .28g from the KJW. Others may prefer others but this is a decent weight for most rifles shooting in this FPS range.

The speed loader I dont have an opinion on.

As for supressors, no. No airsoft supressor really quiets the weapon. Most of the noise is made by the gun cycling and the gas/piston assembly.

Alright, why am I having so many double feeds and jams? Could it be a problem with the internals?

Also, where could I buy higher scope rings for my Leapers 4x32 AO?

Here is what I want my gun to look like. I have my extra magazines and rubber knife with it too.

Link: http://img806.imageshack.us/i/kjwm4.jpg/

Edited by _Samuel_

It could be a lot of things. These systems are sometimes more complex than any of us are able to diagnose over a forum. I have looked at a LOT of these guns and talked to people about many more of them. Ive never run into a double feed or jam except about 18 months ago and I believe it was user error from the shooter using the mag as a foregrip and rocking the mag unknowingly between shots.

There are a lot of variables. The gas rifles take a bit of getting used to and knowing how they work and how to service them is a must. Ill give you this piece of advice though...choosing a new BB and trying it is a cheap and simple test. If you still have problems go from there. But If it were me in your situation, Id start with ammo. Even high quality brands have bad batches and bio bb's are, in my experience, more hit and miss than non-bio BBs.

Also, about the sites to play at. You will find lots of sites like prodigy found in his search. These forums are typically places for local players to chat and organize games on public/private land. Organized commerical sites are a lot fewer and far between especially in less populated areas. Chances are you wont find a commercial field near you. You're best bet is to go join a local forum and take a look into games being organized in the area. Go to an event, meet the people who play and stay active on a local forum if you want to get out and play regularly.

Edited by t_hum

Old enough to drive that is all I need to say. I am trying for the scope rings to not be angled whenever I put them on the KJW M4. They seem like they won't allow it to fit properly on the picatinny rail even thought the rails are the same specification as the UTG L96.

Here is the specific scope I have: http://leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=optic&itemno=SCP-432AOMDTS

Which would be better medium or high profile scope rings?

Current scope rings: http://leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=MountingSystems&itemno=RGWM-25L2

New medium profile scope rings: http://leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=MountingSystems&itemno=RG2W1154

New high profile scope rings: http://leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=MountingSystems&itemno=RG2W1206

Edited by _Samuel_

got to shoot the gun indoors before a private game tonight easily doin 60-80yds in a staight line(didnt measure). could have easily had the hop go up and go even further, just wouldnt be logical for my uses in that manner. im 100% done with the hopup barrel config. theres nothing left for me to do on the gun. i can confidently say my Kj project is finished. i didnt play with the KJ just went a lil early and shot a few rounds before i geared up.

the search function wont let me search c02, but thum is it possible for you to design a mag to take c02 instead of green gas. i guess my only complaint with the system is that i play alot at night when its cold. just noticed ratech made some KSC c02 magazines for the glock series, and as much as i despise them, i need those mags. those mags are an open design and aesthetically incorrect, but for someone like me, where i care more about skirmish ability and not realistic attributes its perfect for my needs. i also don't have to lug around a propane tank but small cartridges instead that don't smell horrible.

just a thought.